MPQ's Continuous Appeal

Options
zaku
zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
 Day 1268 here. I'm kind of at the point where I don't care  about placement or progression rewards. Hearts of darkness and enemy of the state are the only two events that truly draw me anymore.   I think I play more out of boredom than interest. Other games like final fantasy Brave Exvius and Skullgirls are growing and changing. What's the draw for you?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The draw is Line. I think a lot of veterans would have quit without being able to play and chat with friends.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I still play Candy Crush (Level 2551). I enjoy match 3 games and Marvel, but the real draw is collecting characters. Loot system in gaming is a real draw, its the main reason I've played so much Injustice 2. The loot system here is pretty good, I enjoy opening tokens and champing characters. i got my first bonus 5* last week and it was probably felt more exciting than it should have. I think the new characters and new mechanics are the only way the game is growing. That and the occasional boss event.
  • zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Daiches said:
    The draw is Line. I think a lot of veterans would have quit without being able to play and chat with friends.
    What rooms do you frequent?
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think I probably would have quit a while back if they hadn't added alliances and then boss events. Having a team to discuss strategy with and a shared goal kept me engaged in a period where I was otherwise losing interest.

Roster based scaling has been sapping my interest ever since I got solidly into the 4* tier. Why should I get excited about leveling my roster if the enemies are just going to scale up every time I do, and make the fights drag out longer?  I want CL based difficulty to launch, so making roster progress means something again, and for CL9 to drop with enemies above my level so I have a goal to work toward.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I enjoy simplicity and routine. I like paths to progression laid out before me. I love Marvel and match-3 games. New content is welcome but I don't need it every other event. I like the repetition.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am much newer then most here and still like the game and stay to see if they can actually improve the game significantly.  I loved all the puzzle quests.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I loved Puzzle Quest for DS and played a few of the others as well. They were great. At some point, I may get bored of this one, but I've threatened to quit many times and haven't done it yet. I think there's a big fear of falling behind, although I've started hoarding, and I'm falling behind on latest 4*s, but it's not bothering me all that much. If worse comes to worse, I'll miss out on their LTs if I don't have one highly leveled for its DDQ challenge.

I am intrigued about getting back into some games that don't have multi-hour daily requirements... old school games where you can play or not play, and jump in and out whenever you want..... or even where the daily requirement is only for like 10 minutes.... or that have a larger plot that doesn't just repeat....

I do like when mpq has new story content. It's great to see new, engaging stories. I appreciate them all... the cho one, the SHIELD one, the Guardians one, Howard the Duck, Dr. Strange etc etc, they are all very good.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    addiction.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like match3 games and marvel like others....I also enjoy the community.  Between those three things, I'm good for now.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skinnerbox...gambler's fallacy...all that good stuff.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's got enough going on with character design to hold my interest, but is simple enough that it won't devour my life like the MMOs that I've played.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Microthrills.  I wasn't even trying in Strange Sights except to at least do one clear to get the token and do the boss fight for fun.  I realized with 20 minutes left that I could probably get both the 4* Sandman and the 8cp if I hustled.  It came down to the wire but I got it, that was fun.  

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To quote Barnes from one of my favorite fics: “Calming activity. Methodical progression of steps with a defined ending. Like cleaning guns. But my gun oil is across the street.”

Add on to that that I do really like most of the Marvel Characters and the stories I can make out of each fight. It certainly doesn't hurt that my schedule is flexible enough right now that I can usually find a slice to play in where I can do reasonably well-timed clears and reliably make t50, often t20.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm here for all my favorite marvel characters, a lot of which I am not longer allowed to have :(

No wonder I hardly play anymore
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Keeps me honest with my exercise - The only time I'll let myself play the Deadpool Daily missions is on the treadmill, and that's good for two miles a day. Plus, I'm also stubborn to play until I finally get a single yellow OML cover - day 1,316 and still not a single yellow cover for him. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    zaku said:
    Daiches said:
    What rooms do you frequent?

Own alliance chat (~40 people), old alliance chat (~100+ people), PVE chat (200+ people), several BCs (200+ people) and several other rooms like a cp hoarders community. None of the troll rooms or Blaze rooms
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It's one of the few games i am playing now, and despite all the flaws, a few shining strengths keep me going on this game. 

1) Marvel heroes and villains. 'nuff said. 

2) Sense of progression. I know there's a lot of complaints about the covers collection, and lack of iso, but at its core, the little thrills in getting the covers for the characters, and champing them, keeps me going.

3) Flexibility in playing the game. In my younger days, i enjoy MMO because of the sense of progression and the epic stories. now that i am older i simply do not have the time to sit in front of a tv/ computer to play for hours. MPQ is awesome as i can play in spurts. And i can freeze the game for hours, settle my work, and come back to finish it. It is really suitable for my current life phase. (yes i know, at the most competitive level, you need to play the game on a fix schedule. But i don't aspire for top placement just progression, so i am able to play MPQ around my life rather than the other way around. )