MPQ Privacy Policy - Does It Say Anything About Information Re: Cheaters Being Banned or Pull Rates?

Options
Peej13
Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler

Privacy Policy

D3PUBLISHER MOBILE PRIVACY POLICY
Last updated 
October 2, 2013

D3Publisher of America, Inc., and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “D3Publisher”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respect the privacy rights of our users. This Privacy Policy applies to all of our mobile applications (“Apps”) and sets forth our current privacy practices with respect to the information we collect about you or your device.  By using any of our Apps, you acknowledge and fully understand this Privacy Policy and freely consent to the information practices described herein.  If you do not agree with any part of this Privacy Policy, you should not use our Apps.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Scope of Privacy Policy

2. Collection and use of Information

3. Sharing of Information

4. Your Choices

5. Children's Privacy

6. Security

7. California Resident's Privacy Rights

8. Amendments

9. Questions or Comments

1.  Scope of Privacy Policy
This Privacy Policy applies to information about you or your device collected through our Apps, and does not apply to any other information collected by D3Publisher through any other means, including but not limited to, information collected on any of our websites (even if you access the website on your mobile device and even if the website is related to your App gameplay) or information collected offline.  

When using our Apps, you may be able to access third party websites or Apps through links placed in our Apps.  Please note that we do not have control over the information that is collected by these third parties and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties.  We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third parties.

The privacy policies for the most common of these sites and services can be found at the links below:

2.  Collection and Use of Information

Personal Information.  For some of our Apps, you may be able to log in (either now or in the future) using your social media account, such as Facebook.  If you log in using your social media account, you allow us to access certain information from your profile, such as your name, email address, date of birth, profile picture, friends list, and interests.  The information you allow us to access may depend on you and your friends’ privacy settings on that social network.  We may also collect your name and email address when you contact us with a question or request.  We may use your personal information for any number of reasons, including, without limitation, to send you promotional emails about our other Apps, to respond to your questions or requests, or to notify you in the event we make a material change to this Privacy Policy.  We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.

Technical Information.  D3Publisher may use cookies and other technologies to collect technical information about your device when you use our Apps, such as your IP address, identifier For Advertising (“IDFA”), media access control (“MAC”) address, device type, and operating system.  We use technical information to track your use of our Apps (e.g., so that we can remember your game progress), to personalize your experience on our Apps, to help administer our Apps, and to provide adults and teens with targeted advertising.  Please note that while we may use this technical information for targeted advertising purposes for adults and teens, we do not use this information for targeted advertising purposes for children under 13 or where we have actual knowledge that a child is under 13.

Aggregate or Anonymous Information.  We reserve the right to take your personal information and aggregate or anonymize it so that it is not identifiable to you.  We may use this information for our business purposes, such as analyzing and better understanding usage trends.

3.  Sharing of Information

Our policy is to not share, sell, or rent your personal information to unrelated third parties without your consent.  We may, however, share the information we collect about you in limited circumstances including:

• With D3Publisher, Inc. (our parent company) and our subsidiaries and affiliates;
  • With third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., we may use third parties to assist us with our targeted advertising efforts to adults and teens and to help us analyze our data so that we can better understand usage trends); 
  • With law enforcement agencies, governmental officials, or other third parties when required by law or legal process or in order to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement;
  • When we believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosing this information may be necessary to enforce our policies or terms and conditions, to address an emergency that poses a threat to health or safety, or to take action in response to illegal activities (e.g. fraud);
  • With other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity or in connection with a partial or total sale of assets, bankruptcy, or another corporate change; and
  • When you otherwise consent.

4.  Your Choices

D3Publisher only collects personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us or when you give us permission to access it (e.g., when you log in through Facebook). To manage the information that our Apps (and other apps) receive about you from social networks, you will need to update your privacy settings at the respective social network.  In your device settings, you can also manage certain information that you share with our Apps (and other apps), as well as block or manage push notifications. 

If you wish to review, update, or delete any personal information we may have collected about you, please send us an email at privacypolicy@d3p.us.  

From time to time, we may send you promotional emails about our Apps.  If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future promotional emails you may do so by doing any one of the following: (i) following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email you received; (ii) emailing our customer support team at support@d3p.us; or (iii) writing to us at the following address:

D3Publisher of America, Inc.
11500 W.Olympic Blvd., Suite 460
Los Angeles, CA 90064
ATTN: Customer Support - Unsubscribe

5.  Children’s Privacy

D3Publisher does not knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 13 to provide their personal information for any purpose.  While we may collect some technical information from children under 13, we only use this information to support our internal operations.  

6.  Security 

D3Publisher maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information.  While we take reasonable precautions against possible security threats, no system can ever be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.  We strongly recommend that you take steps on your own to maximize the security of your information. 

7.  California Residents’ Privacy Rights

California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (if any).  Currently, D3Publisher does not disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.

8.  Amendments 

We may amend this Privacy Policy at any time. If we make a material change to this Privacy Policy, we will notify you by sending you an email at the last email address that you provided us, or by prominently posting notice of the changes within our Apps.  Any changes to this Privacy Policy will take effect upon posting and will apply to the information we collect on and after the Effective Date, which is posted at the top of this Privacy Policy.

9.  Questions or Comments

If you have questions or wish to send us comments about this Privacy Policy, including our information practices with respect to children, please send us an e-mail us at privacypolicy@d3p.us with your questions or comments to write us at:

Attn.: Privacy Policy Administrator 
11500 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 460 
Los Angeles, CA 90064 

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Please be aware that if you wish to view our official Privacy Policy, its official location is here: https://d3go.com/legals/

Please view the above player-submitted content at your own discretion. Thank you.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

Please view the above player-submitted content at your own discretion. Thank you.
    That makes it sound like there's some sort of embedded curse.  

If you read the OP and don't forward it in three hours, you'll pull nothing but Sandman and Doc Ock covers.
  • Peej13
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I represent that nothing has been changed. I will point out:

Info About Cheaters

3.  Sharing of Information

Our policy is to not share, sell, or rent your personal information to unrelated third parties without your consent.  We may, however, share the information we collect about you in limited circumstances including:

• With D3Publisher, Inc. (our parent company) and our subsidiaries and affiliates;
    • With third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., we may use third parties to assist us with our targeted advertising efforts to adults and teens and to help us analyze our data so that we can better understand usage trends);
    • With law enforcement agencies, governmental officials, or other third parties when required by law or legal process or in order to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement;
    • When we believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosing this information may be necessary to enforce our policies or terms and conditions, to address an emergency that poses a threat to health or safety, or to take action in response to illegal activities (e.g. fraud);
    • With other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity or in connection with a partial or total sale of assets, bankruptcy, or another corporate change; and
    • When you otherwise consent.

Info About Pull Rates

4.  Your Choices

D3Publisher only collects personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us or when you give us permission to access it (e.g., when you log in through Facebook). To manage the information that our Apps (and other apps) receive about you from social networks, you will need to update your privacy settings at the respective social network.  In your device settings, you can also manage certain information that you share with our Apps (and other apps), as well as block or manage push notifications.

If you wish to review, update, or delete any personal information we may have collected about you, please send us an email at privacypolicy@d3p.us.

From time to time, we may send you promotional emails about our Apps.  If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future promotional emails you may do so by doing any one of the following: (i) following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email you received; (ii) emailing our customer support team at support@d3p.us; or (iii) writing to us at the following address:

11500 W.Olympic Blvd., Suite 460
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    ATTN: Customer Support – Unsubscribe

Shady, shady business practices. Please don't accuse me of spreading misinformation, or inciting anything. I am merely pointing out that we are being lied to, and that your policies don't back up what you are saying.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

That makes it sound like there's some sort of embedded curse.  

If you read the OP and don't forward it in three hours, you'll pull nothing but Sandman and Doc Ock covers.
    He's just stating that it's possible the poster changed something in the content when he posted and provided a link to an undoctored one.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is an interesting topic.

IANAL, but I don't see anything in either the online or mobile privacy policy that covers the status of cheaters.

If someone reported me for cheating, and I was (but I'm not), and I was banned, announcing that does nothing to infringe on my privacy.  All you have is my in-game name.  On the new forum, you no longer even see where I live (Wellington, New Zealand).

So, what aspect of the privacy policy as published prevents telling us any "information of our investigation" (to quote Brigby from the previous thread)?

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Does It Say Anything About Information Re: Cheaters Being Banned or Pull Rates?"

Idk. Why would this be in the privacy policy?
    What is the point of this post?

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MojoWild

I don't want to speak for Peej13 but I believe it's in response to this thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65753/reporting-cheaters-does-it-do-anything

• Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    You mad or something?  Did you get banned for abnormal pull rate?   Angry about info being shared?  hashtag confused
  • Peej13
    Options
    Moon Roach is correct. 

Avalanche, did you know that # is on a keyboard, and you don't need to spell it out?

I didn't get banned for cheating. My information wasn't shared. I just cannot stand the lies. Just want d3 to be straightforward. I would respect it much more if they'd say "we are arbitrarily deciding this or that"
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They stopped giving us our pullrates a few weeks ago because likely too many people asked.
  • Peej13
    Options
    I got denied a pull rate like six months ago
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They were giving it on a simple request about a month ago. A lot of people asked and got it. Only stats from change to 15% onwards though. Some even got hard X 5 out of Y pulls numbers next to %
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What are the lies, specifically?
  • Peej13
    Options
    click the link above. Brigby cites the privacy policy. That's one. Second is if you ask customer service for your pull rate, they cite the privacy policy. That's when you request your own info.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited June 2017
    Options
    In order to protect the privacy of all players, we do not reveal information pertaining to investigations on suspect cheaters.

If you would like to discuss the legal documents pertaining to use of our site or app, then please feel free to email us at privacypolicy@d3p.us or privacypolicy@d3go.com
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When it comes to pull rates they simply don't care. Everything is "within acceptable variance "
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More likely, pull rate requests are simply too complicated or time-consuming to expect CS to deal with on a regular basis. Every time the contents of a token change, they'd have to give you a separate set of numbers.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sounds like the OP doesn't have issue with pull rates or even cheating so much as he would rather hear the truth of

"We're not specifically legally bound by our privacy policy to withhold this information, we're choosing to do so, we don't have to tell you why we choose to, but in this case we're doing it because we want to protect the privacy of the players involved beyond our strict legal obligation"

I can understand the principle here, but this definitely falls in that bin of battles not worth fighting... 

I'd be far happier if the motivation for a lot of changes is ultimately to make more money, it absolutely should be, I'm not the least bit upset at that, I wish them well and hope they make a ton of money...  but I also never expect to hear, even once, the real reason behind these changes in any official capacity "We could do it differently, but we think we make more money over the long run this way"

Sometimes you just have to apply some common sense, and be confident enough that anyone else doing so would likely come to the same conclusion.  Be content with that.