Reporting Cheaters. Does it do anything?

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
I was hit a few weeks back by someone in PVP that had a very odd roster. Had all new 4* champed. The only 3* had was the current PVP character and the previous PVP character. Everything else is at 1 cover or a few. This person had hawkeye and starlord champed at the time.

Either they just started the game, Spent 1000's of dollars in buy clubs to just max the latest 5* or is a cheater. 

During this PVP was hit by him again and now has sold other 3* he had champed and only has panther now. Now this person has doc oc champed. No classic 5* at all. 

I reported this person back then and got a response thanking me for reporting someone but clearly nothing was done with it. I wish D3 would respond back to indicate they have cleared them of cheating so I know. All I can assume is they don't care or just have not bothered to look yet allowing this person to continue to play for weeks/months.

Do others report cheating and know if the account gets removed?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actual Steam cheaters do get sandboxed. Eventually. After the weekend. Since these accounts always pop up on Fridays after business hours for some reason.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @nigelregal . If you have any doubts, then feel free to send me a message reporting the details of the suspected cheater, and I can look into it personally.

When it comes to responding back to reports, we unfortunately are not able to reveal any information of our investigation, due to our privacy policies.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thread locked and Peej13 banned in 3, 2, 1...
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I double checked and the name I reported a few weeks ago was slightly different. So it seems this person just created another account and quickly got the latest 5* champed and hitting people in PVP. 
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I think it's pretty obvious from this and from other threads about cheating that they don't care about cheaters, especially if they are spenders. You'd think that a game developer with an online game that cared about the integrity of its game would at least announce the punishment of cheaters (without naming names) that have been caught as a deterrent, instead of this bunk about privacy.
  • azninvasion2000
    azninvasion2000 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I don't think reporting cheaters does anything, unfortunately. I won't name names, but currently in the hulk event, the person who is #2 in my slice has a single character, Iron man at level 1. I'e reported this player before, but it doesn't seem like there is much they can do about it.

*shrugs*
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    D3 could care less about cheating! Especially if the cheater spends money....look at the most recent cheater (name starts with the letter J)....they just rolled his roster back a little! That guy should have stayed in the sand box! It is really a disgrace! 

Better yet look at their response to
    the bonus hero exploit....nothing happens ever! d3 only cares about taken your money and getting you to buy health packs! 

This tread will be shut down soon to hide the cheaters! 

-Darknes21 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Darknes21 said:
    D3 could care less about cheating! Especially if the cheater spends money....look at the most recent cheater (name starts with the letter J)....they just rolled his roster back a little! That guy should have stayed in the sand box! It is really a disgrace!
    He's still boxed, the re-roll seems to have been only the first step.
    At least I haven't seen him in an alliance since.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Hi @nigelregal . If you have any doubts, then feel free to send me a message reporting the details of the suspected cheater, and I can look into it personally.

When it comes to responding back to reports, we unfortunately are not able to reveal any information of our investigation, due to our privacy policies.
    Hi Brigby, can you at least tell us if sending in these reports has any effect whatsoever, ie does it work, and if so, how fast this process occurs?
  • Annimousey
    Annimousey Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I don't understand the point in cheating. Where is the enjoyment? For me, I enjoy climbing the ranks and putting the effort in.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I don't understand the point in cheating. Where is the enjoyment? For me, I enjoy climbing the ranks and putting the effort in.
    Exactly.  For me it's about the feeling of achievement.  A while back I set my mind to championing all the 3*s.  It took months, but I did it, and it was a great feeling of achievement when I champ'd Quicksilver (the last non-champ'd 3* I had at the time).  

I recently finished champing Nova, a character I had wanted for a long time, and it felt great to know I really worked for it.

I'm lacking several million ISO to finish champing all of the other fully covered 4*, but that's all part of the fun - working toward a goal.  For me, the goal right now is to champion all the 4*s (minus Howard and Devil Dinosaur, for now).  It takes time, but if I cheated and achieved all my goals tomorrow, why would I keep playing?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby said:
    Hi nigelregal . If you have any doubts, then feel free to send me a message reporting the details of the suspected cheater, and I can look into it personally.

Hi Brigby, can you at least tell us if sending in these reports has any effect whatsoever, ie does it work, and if so, how fast this process occurs?
    @maguirenumber6 Depending on the severity of the cheat, and whether it's known already, then I will pass it along to the support team for handling or I will personally investigate. If it's more severe or widespread than that, then I escalate it to the developers to evaluate and address.

When it comes to how fast of a process it is, it's really a case-by-case basis, depending on what kind of a cheat it is and how easily it is able to be addressed.