4* DDQ: Kate Bishop vs Hawkguy

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Looks like they changed Kate's opponent following OML's nerf.

Will update when I have the time to attempt this clash later tonight. Meanwhile, discuss away!

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Maybe a little harder than OML but still made it first try with my level 270 kate bishop  got a cloak and dagger
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This was harder than I expected it to be mainly because most of the matches went his way even with my champed kate. However once I fired her blue then purple it was over.

got 5* hawkeye purple. Now 1/1/1
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My Kate Bishop is lvl 130, 2/1/2. I went in using +2 black/green, +2 blue/purple, and +2 all. 

1st attempt was a slaughter. I got maybe 3 turns in before Clint dropped me with his black.

2nd attempt I got lucky with two cascades in the opening that almost got all powers ready to go. Fourth or fifth turn got a blue 5 cascade, which let me fire multiple shots to take Hawkguy down. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes some hope for my 1/3/2 131 too, will keep trying
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I found this to be super easy.  My Kate was 3/5/5 L115 and beat it first time with boosts (+2 AP blue/purple, black/green, all).  Since all her colors match all his colors every match for you is also a deny for him.  Because of this you can never set yourself up for next turn and should always make matches that don't set up a color you need.  I got off my purple once and black once before he got off any moves and that was all she wrote.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was happy to see a level 270 3Hawkguy as the opponent instead of OML, but still sceptical about my chances with a level 111 2/1/2 Bishop. 
    First try got him down to 249 health when my Looking for Trouble backfired and took me out. Second try, took him out with a double LFT combo after some Boomerang aided matching.
    Both tries with +2B/G, +2B/P and +50%B/P match damage. 

LT got me a black Blade cover putting him at 1/5/3.

All in all, surprisingly easy.  :)
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kate is an excellent 1v1 character so this should be quite do-able.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is a 106 :: 0/3/0. Keep getting bad boards and the AI keeps getting ridiculous cascades when I get him under 3k health. So I probably wont be able to do it.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
      iron-wine said:
    Yes some hope for my 1/3/2 131 too, will keep trying
    Yesssss got it 3rd go - with 331 health remaining. Actually was in no position to win but got some amazing cascades. Unfortunately the victory was short lived as the LT was a green riri which I have 5 covers in already
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    5/4/2 level 114 Kate took him down first try. All relevant color boosts used. Fired one black, then one purple, and another black to take him down.

Gamora black as my reward putting her at 3/5/3
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My lv 188 4/3/5 Bishop made quick work of hawkguy. Fired purple which cd tile went off right before I finished him off with black.

LT was Agent Coulson bringing him to 281
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    it's lame they switched her clash.

I had minor hope with my 1/1/1 kate against OML
    but i have no hope against the 3* with twice as much life as OML and moves that actually do stuff unlike OML.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Couple of strategies here:
    Save up powers to fire once you have boomerang strikes on the board. It sounds like some of you aren't getting the additional strike damage when firing blue and black.
    Try to fire black when there is a ready black match on the board just in case you can match it away.
    Don't forget Kate's blue denies enemy health gain, therefore if hawkguy is ready to fire his black, he'll just be giving you the specials to use, without healing.

Good luck!
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    well my Kate is 1/2/1 lvl 94 so looks like I'm not going anywhere unless I get two more Hawkguy covers and get another cover for Kate to boost my chances slightly
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mr_Aziz said:
    well my Kate is 1/2/1 lvl 94 so looks like I'm not going anywhere unless I get two more Hawkguy covers and get another cover for Kate to boost my chances slightly
    Ironic!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Kate has been 1/0/1 forever, so... nope.
  • Haldern
    Haldern Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Took four tries with 5/3/3 130. First three I tried with no boosts, which did not go well. Used all three ap boosts the fourth time. Fired purple, then blue. Purple cd resolved dropping him low enough for a black to finish him off. 

Black Gamora to make her 2/4/3.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took me 4 tries with a 133 fully covered (5/3/5) Kate. 

Kate and Hawkguy share the same 3 colors (bl/p/bk), which makes the strategy pretty simple. I prioritized blue > purple > black, which IMO reflects the relative strength of both characters' abilities. 

At 133, Kate's health is 6k compared to Clint's 13k, so my goal was to fire off one blue and one purple. I'd go for black if the matches were there, but because it can cause a lot of self-damage, I'd save it for a kill shot, not something I'd use mid-match. 

Of course, all this strategizing is pointless when Clint keeps cascading into match-5 blues and purples. Two of my losses, I was one turn away from winning with blue when one of Clint's CDs killed me. The other loss, I needed one blue match for a finisher and went about 8 turns where I couldn't get any bl/bk/p matches and inevitably died. 

As usually happens with Crashes, it was just a matter of repeating over and over until I got a friendly-ish board. Got purple, was able to protect the CD, finally got blue for the finisher. 

Reward: Bl4de champ level, my highest 4* at 308.  
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took me 5 tries with my 4/2/3 level 150 Kate. +2 B/P, +2 all, +50% B/P match damage

First 2 tries I got bad boards and any blue keep falling his way, the next 2 were better but I still hadn't taken him below 5k health. Was starting to fell it was futile

Final attempt, LOTS of blue on the board and cascades for days for me!!!! Ended up downing him with almost 6K of my 78xx left!!

To the hoard!!!
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/2/0, LVL 147 - got a decent board on the fifth try with a blue match-5 to start. Fired off Ruthless Precision early and then things stagnated until he fired No Good News (every match I was "forced" to make led to black matches for him) but the strike tile ended up making the difference. I had enough black for Looking for Trouble but no black matches to feel safe about matching away the countdown. He finally got off a Bola Arrow, but once the countdown was out and he made his move, the board reshuffled, gifting me another match-5 blue - Ruthless Precision again which took him low enough where Looking for Trouble + strike took him out.

LT was a Star Lord green, making him 0/0/2.