Is there anyone out there who actually buys iso?

2»

Comments

• cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    It's when that 14th cover is wilting on the vine and you just can't quite get enough ISO to champ the character before it withers and falls off - that's when they get them on the ISO purchase.
    If you don't know any better, I guess I can see it.  But wouldn't it make more sense to come down a little so that even more experienced players might be tempted from time to time?

Given that they can push different pricing to different players, I'm surprised they don't offer vets lower rates.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Dormammu said:
    It's when that 14th cover is wilting on the vine and you just can't quite get enough ISO to champ the character before it withers and falls off - that's when they get them on the ISO purchase.
    If you don't know any better, I guess I can see it.  But wouldn't it make more sense to come down a little so that even more experienced players might be tempted from time to time?

Given that they can push different pricing to different players, I'm surprised they don't offer vets lower rates.
    You've seen the uproar around here every time they're even suspected of violating the eleventh commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Engage in A/B Testing With an Online Community"

:P
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meaning that if ISO was cheap people would just buy a great roster and get bored more quickly and leave so they've priced it high.  

Or is it to make us feel like the amount of ISO that we can earn by playing is actually incredibly generous when you put a dollar value on it?  "Look in 2 days you earned over $100 dollars worth of ISO!  What ISO shortage?"

I'm genuinely perplexed.

I often ask these kinds of questions and usually decide "Some of both."  Attributing one motivation or another to this kind of game is fun, but ultimately you'll never know and the devs probably have more than one "plus" under every change, price point, etc.

And remember that super-mega whales don't care how much they are spending.  Basically.  They just have so much money that they will spend whatever they feel like.  (I mean, they have to.  Right?  There have been stories of people paying others to play for them, after all.)  So the value is really not a consideration.  And they probably feel that paying for iso is worth whatever grind time they avoid.  If you have the $ to whale a 5*, you probably don't feel like your time is best spent grinding pve for hours a day.  Or perhaps have the time for it.

Obviously, for the vast majority of players, iso buying is not a good value. That section of the store is for the uninformed and the $$$$who don't care.
  • cpeyton3535
    You've seen the uproar around here every time they're even suspected of violating the eleventh commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Engage in A/B Testing With an Online Community"

Ha!  True enough.  Been following the HfH thread with great interest.  That one they seem to have gotten right, though.  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

Ha!  True enough.  Been following the HfH thread with great interest.  That one they seem to have gotten right, though.  
    And yet, lots of people still crying "A/B Testing!" and sharpening pitchforks. ;)
  • cpeyton3535

And yet, lots of people still crying "A/B Testing!" and sharpening pitchforks. ;)
    Yup.  People just want to be in the know.  I get it, actually.  With the amount of thought and planning people put into the meta-game, surprises aren't welcome.  People may have saved HP if they new they were going to get the opportunity to grab that coveted 13th cover.

One of the few times I'm jealous of the guinea pigs.  If they'd offered me my missing Vulture cover I almost certainly would have bit.