How many of you have Champed your Devil Dinosaur?

Options

Comments

• BlackWidow70
    BlackWidow70 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Devil Dinosaur was actually my first champed 4* - don't regret it - use him with Strange/Thanos to mindlessly clear PvE nodes...
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    329, hoping I get lucky enough to max DD this anniversary!
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Devil Dino was my first 4* champ. At the time he was going to be a scary meat shield.... then D3 made 5*s and he became useless
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yep have him champed. Just because really. He only comes round once in a blue moon but its nice when he does to be nicely leveled for it.
  • twobites
    twobites Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dino is champed and at lvl 300 thanks to the last anniversary vault. I rarely if ever use him, but have zero regrets about champing him. Also have champed Howard and Bagman. I consider them all trophies because there are better alternatives for all of their powers.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have her champed as I only ever use her when she's required. But I am a trophy collector, so it will happen at some point.

And if you're deciding between her and Coulson, pick Coulson. Fantastic utility character.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I champed Howard back before vaulting, and I had a good amount of Iso about.  My 3rd year covers for Devil Dino came just after the vaulting system went into place, so I did not have the Iso to spend on Champing Devil Dino.  I do not regret this in the least - better to have extra levels for characters who you'll use than a character you won't.

I suspect when the next anniversary of MPQ rolls around in October, I'll have enough spare Iso to champ her.  I will follow Rule Zero for Champing.

Rule Zero for Champing - If it is a choice between wasting covers of various levels, 5* covers are worth an near-infinite amount of 4* covers.  4* covers are worth a near-infinite amount of 3* covers.  3* covers are worth a near-infinite amount of 2* covers.  Within the level, characters you will use are worth at least 3x as much as characters you won't.

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I champed Dino last anniversary and she's currently at L294 now.  I regularly use her (large health pool) along with OML and Thano5 on easy PvE nodes.

On a related note, I champed Howard earlier this month (L271).  I've had Bagman champed since shortly after champing became a thing, but he's still only L131 and I haven't seen another cover for him since they ran his special event back around April Fool's Day.  I do not plan to farm him as I do my other 2*, keeping the max-champ L144 Bags indefinitely.  I even keep a level-maxed (40) Yelena on my roster.

I know these characters have little-to-no usefulness and I've "wasted" HP and ISO to roster and champ them, but I like them as trophies and they make my "Champ Them All" OCD happy.  I regret nothing.

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have mine at level 250 will 12 covers was my first well covered 4 star and was my main playable character for a long time at the start so waiting to get 3 covers for 1 year of play in about a month to champ dino  current have 6 champed 4*s (and riri and red hulk are 30ish levels away fully covered)
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't champed mine. She's sitting at 165 or something to make her viable for her once-annual Crash match, but other than that I don't think I've ever used her outside of the anniversary events.

Last anniversary I came close but I just couldn't bring myself to do it even to avoid wasting the covers. Knowing that she's never boosted and not very good regardless just kills the appeal for me.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed Trophies:

Devil Dino (myte!)
    Howard
    2 x Bagman (bagmen?)

Got to champ them all!
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    285.  I regret nothing!!!
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    I haven't champed mine. She's sitting at 165 or something to make her viable for her once-annual Crash match, but other than that I don't think I've ever used her outside of the anniversary events.

Last anniversary I came close but I just couldn't bring myself to do it even to avoid wasting the covers. Knowing that she's never boosted and not very good regardless just kills the appeal for me.
    Dino is boosted during anniversary
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I deleted my Devil Dino even though had 6 covers... Way too rare and havent got a single cover since then.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I champed her because I had additional covers once I had max-leveled her.  If you don't, then there's no reason to.  Remember, she's never featured in PVP or PVE (except maybe during Anniversary), so her usefulness is limited.
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I haven't got devil dino fully covered but even if I did I don't think I would put the iso in.  I am more interested in useful characters rather than a "trophy".
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Devil was my second 4-star Champ. He's not great but I'm glad he's there. :)
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Dino is champed at 276.  He was fun and occasionally useful when his purple only cost 3.  His "buff" removed the one utility he was good at.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rdvargas1 said:
    So I have my Devil Dinosaur fully covered but only at 170.  I have 3 of her covers coming up in resupply, but I'm currently working on champing Agent Venom too (three covers pending0. Do I get crazy and champ Devil Dino instead of working on Coulson and Gwenpool,  who I also have  one cover each pending with 13 days left? (Gwenpool at 165, Coulson 150)  My thinking is to work on Devil Dinosaur because of the rarity factor.   Thoughts?  
    The first of my 3 resupply Devil Dinosaurs is coming up in 5 days. She's at 13, so I guess her time has come. The forum thread says 3 War Machine in a month, so he's a soon too. With all but 4 of the latest champed (including Sandy Boy in there since he's about to join), I can spare some care on the retirees.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    12 covers....will champ if I get extra covers for champing but won't champ it even if I get that 13th since DD is junk.