How many of you have Champed your Devil Dinosaur?

Options
rdvargas1
rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So I have my Devil Dinosaur fully covered but only at 170.  I have 3 of her covers coming up in resupply, but I'm currently working on champing Agent Venom too (three covers pending0. Do I get crazy and champ Devil Dino instead of working on Coulson and Gwenpool,  who I also have  one cover each pending with 13 days left? (Gwenpool at 165, Coulson 150)  My thinking is to work on Devil Dinosaur because of the rarity factor.   Thoughts?  

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have him champed right now.  My 1st year anniversary came around in March and gave me the final 3 covers getting him to 13.  I plan to champ him a week or two before the games anniversary events because he will probably be features, have covers available, and probably get a CoT spot.

As far as your scenario you say your working on Coleson and Gwenpool, does that mean you have covers pending for them?  I always go for pending covers first, especially the harder those covers are to get.  Based on that limited covers are the hardest of them all to get.  So if it were me I would champ him.  But from what I understand he's not a good character and is only marginally useful once a year, so it's up to you if you want to save those 3 covers for someone you will likely almost never use.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of course I have her champed.
    Dino is love.

In your case though, Coulson.
    You'll draw a million champ levels for him over the coming months.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champed Devil Dino back when they had those anniversary vaults full of her covers. I don't regret it :smile: )
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 294 Dino.  Had him at 270 for a long time.  As of now, he is Thanos fodder for pve. 
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Probably Coulson first.  That being said, Devil Dino is awesome and I have no regrets about champing her.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Duck champed, Dino not yet. Have been unlucky in his events and only max covered him last time, but he got a rework then, so sold his extra covers for the increased sellback.
  • CubRob
    CubRob Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I have Dino champed at 272.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I champed Duck because I think he is actually kind of good, and Dino as a trophy.  Champing Dino is a dumb thing to do, and I'm dumb for doing it.......but if you recognize that and want to have that trophy too then DO IT!!!!!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/1/1, from daily rewards. I've been here for 2 anniversaries and Im about 0/20 on DD from anniversary tokens, vaults, and so on.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can never place high enough to get more than a single cover per event, so I imagine I might have the opportunity to champ in another five or six years.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can never place high enough to get more than a single cover per event, so I imagine I might have the opportunity to champ in another five or six years.

It's not about placement. Save a few thousand hp, and blow it on some 10 packs or 40 packs when the anniversary event comes in October. Last year, the anniversary Vault had 9 Dino covers in it, and I got every one pretty easily.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have dino, duck and bagman champed (sorry, yelena). Do I use them? Rarely. Do I love them? Very much so!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I champed Duck because I think he is actually kind of good, and Dino as a trophy.  Champing Dino is a dumb thing to do, and I'm dumb for doing it.......but if you recognize that and want to have that trophy too then DO IT!!!!!

This sums it up about perfectly from an objective standpoint.  Personally, Devil DIno was my first 4* champ and I have zero regrets over this fact (in fact, at Lv274, he's my highest leveled character).  Having a champed Dino is actually really fun during the anniversary week, although it might make less of a difference this time around than it did last time, when soft-capped OMLs were literally everywhere in my MMR.  Outside of anniversary week, you'll only use Dino to goof off...which is frequent if you're me, but much less if you're actually competitive :)

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I champed Dino during the 2nd anniversary.  Got even more covers during the 3rd anniversary and recently got 3 more in daily resupply for my 3rd year.  So my Dino is currently at 282.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Devil Dino is at 11 covers right now, but I cover it and champ it once the next anniversary comes.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champer her a while back and sold her off when she got re-worked (bonus iso/HP). Not regretting it one bit, that character is useful 1 week a year.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Level 295. 5/5/3. I have no idea how that happen.  
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And currently one cover shy from a maxed cover Howard. 
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have Devil Dino championed, but if i were in your shoes, you're gonna get better mileage out of any other character, and Devil Dino's three upcoming covers won't be the last 4* covers you sell for ISO
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine was not at 13 covers before the last anniversary, but I got spared when it hit. It felt wrong to waste them, so I champed her hard.

For the longest time she was my highest level 4* at 287. She's only recently been overtaken by Blade and Ant Man.