PvE reward trend in Strange Sights?

MissChinch
MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

This probably isn't new news to many, but 18 less covers over the 3 day strange event is a pretty dramatic slashing of rewards...  

First the sub stores had their reward quality massively nerfed, now they've gotten their reward quantity reduced to a tiny fraction of what it was...  

Alliance rewards netted 2 covers per sub (3 subs closing per day over 3 days) which amounted to 18 covers...  With this trend I shudder to think whats next, charge an ISO admission cost to each sub?

Strange Sights used to be hands down my favorite PvE event...  an interesting "puzzle-y" boss each day, a different structure to the subs and a ton of rewards...  This reduction in rewards combined with the nerfing of reward quality means that we get even less pulls on a decent store than an average event, odd and unfortunate decision.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    You get 12000 ISO per day in exchange. It is what is is.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Right now I'd only be too happy to exchange (what is essentially) a heroic token for 2000 iso.
  • MissChinch
    Werent we getting ~2k iso before per sub per day ?   I like ISO, if this is a substantial bump above what was given before then I feel like I'm just whining for no good reason...  
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think it was just the covers, no iso.

Alliance rewards on Strange Sights have always been .... well, Strange :p
  • MissChinch
    Alright, I can totally believe I was remember wrong...  in that light the OP sounds like an entitled whiner and should never have posted this...  :(
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you ever find a surprisingly generous reward with a new event you can be absolutely certain that it will be reduced in furture runs.

Anniversary (original event tokens were awesome relative to contemporary heroics)

Ultron (original nodes all had HP when that meant something, and event tokens had above normal drop rates)

Civil war (fixed 5* prizes)

Heroes for hire (2.5k hp for a 4* cover + extra)

Now strange sights (25 event tokens per run)

That is just off the top of my head.  This pattern is very well established.  We should all expect it.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator