The Ambidextrous Iron Fist

Options
MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
Sometimes, I get a bit tired of the grind and entertain myself by paying a bit more (maybe too much) attention to some of the game details that I normally ignore. 

For instance, did you ever notice that 3* Iron Fist has his right hand glowing and ready when he's your selected character during a match, but when you actually activate his purple "Iron Fist" ability (with 12+ black AP), he throws a left instead? 

What other artwork / game mechanic wackiness have you found? 

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sometimes, I get a bit tired of the grind and entertain myself by paying a bit more (maybe too much) attention to some of the game details that I normally ignore. 

For instance, did you ever notice that 3* Iron Fist has his right hand glowing and ready when he's your selected character during a match, but when you actually activate his purple "Iron Fist" ability (with 12+ black AP), he throws a left instead? 

And which hand does an enemy Fist hit you with?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Professor X is wheelchair-bound, yet can utterly wreck my whole team. Wild!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shockingly, i actually have noticed this in the past.  What does that say about me?
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx, it means you have found a home here. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In recent years Danny has learned to focus energy into both hands. This is basically canon.

Now, if someone could explain how 5*/3* Hawkeye's hair changes from having a part when he's not in front, to have no part when he is front I got a No Prize with your name on it.

• Jarvind
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    In recent years Danny has learned to focus energy into both hands. This is basically canon.

Now, if someone could explain how 5*/3* Hawkeye's hair changes from having a part when he's not in front, to have no part when he is front I got a No Prize with your name on it.

Davos? I didn't know there was a Marvel/Game of Thrones crossover.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have always thought yelenas fingers were awfully long and really wrong looking
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    STOPTHIS said:

Davos? I didn't know there was a Marvel/Game of Thrones crossover.
    Silly goose, it's nothing to do with Game of Thrones.
    It's a Marvel/Doctor Who crossover.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Oh, the enemy Fist hits me with a right, but *he* has his left hand cocked and ready! 

Can't trust those lefties - they're sinister! 
    Am I the only one who got this????
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've always liked the attention to detail on characters like Ragnarok. I'd have expected it to just flip his art when playing against him, but there is a clear difference in his from left to right.

I'm sure there are others like this, but I've yet to notice! 

The fact a play him once in a blue moon is another matter.

• WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Kevin61 said:

On the first pass, yes. Thanks for (re)bringing it to my attention. Lefties unite!
  • Jarvind
    Options
    Kevin61 said:

Oh, the enemy Fist hits me with a right, but *he* has his left hand cocked and ready! 

Can't trust those lefties - they're sinister! 

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Gamora (3*) has the ability to knock the heads of two oppents together rending them unconscious (2 enemies stunned for 2 turns):
    "Gamora grabs two of her enemies and smashes their heads together"

This also works with 1 remaining enemy so I'm wondering whos heads she's knocking to make that happen.
    At that point, I think it's just a headbutt. She probably picked it up from Drax.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When Cyclops uses Full Blast, he's aiming at the sky, so he should really only be able to affect airborne enemies (No-Prize: there's a helicopter carrying an anvil shipment up there).
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Other wonkies:
    Why does it hurt the enemy when Agent Venom and Mordo jumps? They both have jumping animations. I never understood exactly how this is supposed to hurt.
     Have you seen the movie? Mordo uses the boots to manuever around his enemies and catch them off guard or hit them in a weak spot. So to me, I just took the jump to mean he was vaulting into a better position to allow him to strike. 

Same vibe I got from Agent Venom. He's leaping into the fray to attack his enemies. Not really the jump itself that causes the damage, but what happens after the jump. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How does OBW's karate chop somehow heal her team?
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    mpqr7 said:
    How does OBW's karate chop somehow heal her team?
    Perhaps more importantly, where is she conducting spy work that fishnets allow her to blend in?
    she's doing the whole ye olde James Bond era spycraft where it's more about tantalizing distraction than Metal Gear-esque stealth