New Planeswalker Arrives: Nissa, Steward of Elements (6/15/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Control the power of the elements with the ultimate Cycling Planeswalker: Nissa, Steward of Elements. She is now available in Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest via a brand new special offer.

The Nissa, Steward of Elements Bundle includes Nissa, Steward of Elements, 280 Mana Jewels, a Green Super Pack, and 15000 Mana Runes. This exclusive offer is available now through June 22nd.

Comments

• tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She seems great, but: cycling is already so overpowered that you don´t really need this if you have Kiora. I guess I´ll have to dish out for her for Trial of Strength though :(
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can kind of see where they were aiming with her. she's still not as good as Kiora but her first ability will be quite good if you have a full hand;  9 loyalty for 9 mana and her second means you can dig for a specific card without relying on cards like days undoing.  she will have a place after cycling rotates out but she will always run second fiddle to Kiora. its a shame they didn't stay a bit closer to her paper version when developing her.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    that ultimate is...wow. Drakes Haven + anointed + new perspectives in one ability combined, but still more effective than those three combined!
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    if you're cycling are you ever going to get to her 3rd? I suppose generating multiple match's with sheftets monitor may get you there
  • PersonMan
    PersonMan Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Seems unnecessary right now. 

The AI doesn't Cycle.  Playing against one is usually a very easy and uninteresting game.  Playing against more won't help the meta.  

And any Blue Planeswalker can run Drake Haven + New Perspectives + Curator of Mysteries + any 7 cards with Cycle 3 or less for what is usually an auto win combo (which I assume will be nerfed in the near future). 

First ability is useful but not really amazing.  Second seems ok if you're playing a non-Cycle deck (a quick and cheap way to draw new cards).  But its not helpful if you already have a bunch of Cycle cards in your deck, and will be horribly inconsistent if you have a mix of both.  Last ability is an unfair auto-win button, but is currently duplicative with the above card combo, but will be mostly unworkable in a year-ish when Amonket rotates out of Standard format. 

Also, still no Green/Black Planeswalker?  Why not!  This seems like a perfect opportunity to do so, with Embalm related abilities. 
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cycling keeps returning in sets so she isn't as bad off as the energy based PWs.  I wish Saheeli's third ability was a bit more evergreen, constructs instead of vehicles would probably keep a target possible through changes in the standard rotation.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @PersonMan green black planeswalker is coming in ixalan. As well as a monoblue and monowhite walker
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    nexus13 said:
    Cycling keeps returning in sets so she isn't as bad off as the energy based PWs.  I wish Saheeli's third ability was a bit more evergreen, constructs instead of vehicles would probably keep a target possible through changes in the standard rotation.
    Absolutely.  There aren't any vehicles outside of the Kaladesh block... which means Sahelli will be severely **** in a few months or so.  Just like poor Arlinn and her werewolves.  Constructs will work - which means we're going to see a lot of a certain Hangarback Walker in the future should the change happen.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless Saheeli is nerfed or all other walkers buffed, she will never fall below average. I'm not even convinced she will fall from top tier. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby can you please ask the devs why they aren't using the same art for these PWs as their paper versions?  When they show up for sale they have the same art but when you purchase them and on the PW screen the art is completely different... not even sure it's official art from wotc
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I took both Nissa 3 and Kiora into the Planeswalker arena this morning with identical cycling decks.  I'd say Nissa 3 is superior if you're building for cycling, especially her third ability as it will buff all creatures and re-fuel mana for more cycling.
  • damonsteine
    damonsteine Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby, is it possible to know when she will be available from the vault? thanks
  • Brigby
    Options
    @damonsteine
    Apologies, but I'm afraid I currently don't have any available information as to when she will be in the vault.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nexus13 said:
    Making Vehicles constructs and then making her third fetch constructs probably fixes her that fast. That said, I doubt they'll bother. There will be new pw's to sell...
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Unless Saheeli is nerfed or all other walkers buffed, she will never fall below average. I'm not even convinced she will fall from top tier. 
    True, her mana gains alone are impressive. Everyone is mentally caught up in her boomship configuration though. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vehicles are comibg back in Ixalan
  • Mickleberry
    Mickleberry Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Vehicles are comibg back in Ixalan
    Can't say I'm surprised: Pirates need ships to do piratey things.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Please keep the topic discussion focused on Nissa, Steward of Elements*

If you would like to discuss Saheeli Rai, please post in her official thread HERE. Thank you!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steeme said:
    I took both Nissa 3 and Kiora into the Planeswalker arena this morning with identical cycling decks.  I'd say Nissa 3 is superior if you're building for cycling, especially her third ability as it will buff all creatures and re-fuel mana for more cycling.
    I've been running them side by side with N3 in her 40's and Kiora maxed in Heroic Encounters and N3 at a lower level is winning faster every single time. 

I'm using the same Standard deck for both of them. This is the new must have PW, especially for newer players who want to be more competitive.