Seriously, This IS Pure Cheating...Period

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    @Brigby I don't think people are except you to tell us how they are doing, by the way the Line/Facebook/Discord community knows all of the tricks before it is reported on the forums.  But its the action AND follow up to that action is what's important. When you go against these rosters day in and day out you know when something is fishy.  Seeing rosters explode for no reason, even hoarding would not explain this, there has to be other ways.  I think that is the major disconnect and why a lot of us don't want to let this go because we see it everyday and it seems nothing is done. 
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Every time this comes up, I can't help but think that whales ought to realize exactly how little value there is to what they've purchased.  I mean, some random dude is cheating in a F2P game that expressly allows cheating, it isn't really the sort of situation where you'd think spending thousands of dollars makes sense, and yet people do exactly that.

The F2P model is for ***those easily persuaded to spend***.  By design.  What is it going to take before you stop willfully buying into it?

***Removed attacks on other players - Ducky
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Wow, looking at the OP, it's a lot easier to be banned from the forum than from the game.
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Wow, looking at the OP, it's a lot easier to be banned from the forum than from the game.
    He wasn't banned. He had multiple accounts, which is against the rules, so the newest one was banned. He still has access to the forums.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    He wasn't banned. He had multiple accounts, which is against the rules, so the newest one was banned. He still has access to the forums.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017

One person, multiple accounts = banned

One account, multiple players = ok

Is that right? That's what I'm reading from this thread - or have I got it confused?

Confused.

One person, multiple accounts is referring to this forum only. Not the game.

One account, multiple players in game *potentially* banned.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker

One person, multiple accounts = banned

One account, multiple players = ok

Is that right? That's what I'm reading from this thread - or have I got it confused?

Confused.

One person, multiple accounts is referring to this forum only. Not the game.

One account, multiple players in game *potentially* banned.
    I think the OP was being sarcastic.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

So does the jail bar overlay signify the account is in "jail" and when/if theyre banned they get the red banned icon ?

Also **** is the use case for multiple accounts to this forum?

• Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Is it possible that some of these accounts are D3 for testing etc
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

So does the jail bar overlay signify the account is in "jail" and when/if theyre banned they get the red banned icon ?

Also tinykitty is the use case for multiple accounts to this forum?

I take is as the bars means they are on a temporary ban/ban being reviewed.
    Red icon is probably perma-ban.

The OP went to bars before going to red.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    broll said:

So, it's OK for the mods to "shame" them by modifying their avatar pics?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017

***It's all in the rules. I'd suggest everyone go and read those.***

broll said:
    MissChinch said:
    Kjeldbjerg said:
    Moon Roach said:

So, it's OK for the mods to "shame" them by modifying their avatar pics?
    ***The forum automatically does that to anyone who is banned, we have no control over it***
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Ruinate said:

This is why most other games do periodic ban waves.  You wait a while, until the cheaters are nice and comfortable, and then ban them all at the same time.  When a ban wave happens, word spreads instantly and people learn not to tinykitty with the system.  Currently, D3/Demiurge's actions and reputation is a joke.  
    I agree with punishing the cheaters, but not with your idea of implementation. If you wait until cheaters are "nice and comfortable" it means that
    1. you leave time for their over-bloated roosters to create havok in pvp and pve- to take placement rewards from other players, which other players won't get to see anyway, even if the cheaters are later banned
    2. you risk having to ban a higher number of people, since cheating gradually becomes the new norm- if everyone is doing it and isn't being punished, you'd have to be sucker not to do it as well- there's no gain in banning as many people as possible
    3. the cheaters might be suckers who don't realize what they're doing it bad; you're letting them play, letting them spend money, than you ban them without any warnings- that doesn't feel right.

• nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Question: You can't play MPQ without a connection. So I am assuming that Rosters, points, etc... are held Server side right?

So how is someone able to hack their server just to cheat?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question: You can't play MPQ without a connection. So I am assuming that Rosters, points, etc... are held Server side right?

So how is someone able to hack their server just to cheat?
    It takes just a Google (or YouTube) search to find just how easily this game is hacked on Steam.