Seriously, This IS Pure Cheating...Period

PhantomSniper
PhantomSniper Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
So D3, you have an individual who hacked his account, was boxed and then D3 unboxed him and rolled his account back. On the day Doc Oc came out, 10 minutes after the PvE to get him begans, he has him at 506? Seriously? Even ther biggest whale takes 2 or 3 days to max a 5 star, we all know that. Overnight, maxed all 4 stars, multiples champions and D3 does nothing. What type of **tinykitty** is this? I'm in all the major buy clubs and this player has not bought any Starks or Lodes, even his own alliance has informed D3 of the cheating but what happens? They roll back his roster and that's it. I have bought and spent tons of money on this game but until something is done, no more. We have major whales in all the buy clubs I'm in and this is an absolute disgrace that this continues. Prepare to see the bottom line come to a screeching halt until this is resolved.

Comments

• ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I agree! We all know who that person is and what happend to his roster!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one likes to play with cheaters.  Seriously, D3, you need to have people actively looking for cheaters and removing them.  Rolling back an account doesn't stop them.  If you fail to respond to this and many other cheating complaints on this forum, don't be surprised when your golden goose whales start quitting. 
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    here we go again
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

Silly question, but at least one of the persons I'm thinking of has contact with d3/demi that goes beyond the game interface...  We're sure hes not stroking checks outside the game's pay structure?

This sounds like its absolutely cheating, and it sucks...   I occasionally spend $2 or whatever the cheapest HP purchase is to get bonus node rewards so from a practical sense any pay to win game I play is going to have people with staggering advantages in the game I wont have because I don't drop a bunch of money... 

So really anyone that's cheated to gain an advantage could have come by that advantage by dropping an absurd amount of money legally, both ways I get stomped, the only difference is whether some stranger is out money or not, and other peoples money isn't something I have time to worry about. 

But that's just the defeatist mentality of playing P2W games and not dropping a bunch of money on it...  I would never consider spending appreciable amounts of money on a game that clearly allows cheating.

• Ramble2
    Ramble2 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I've heard that there's one "big spender" out there who claims to have a friend a iTunes who refunds all of his purchases. I wonder if Apple eats the loss, or if D3 loses the money in that aituation. 
  • MissChinch
    I might not agree with @PhantomSniper on some things, this one he is absolutly correct.  When you see a 370 Gamora on somebody's roster within 1 week of her release, it is obvious what is going on. This doesn't include other chars, Doc Ock, that they had.  It is a running joke in the LINE communty that if you want to cheat, this is the time because they will not drop the hammer as they have done in the past.  If it is roster sharing (oh wait, that thread was locked), Bonus Hero exploit (still no update since April) or HP/CP hacks, D3/Demi has a problem on their hands and will continue to get worse. It is a festering wound underneath this cheating scab that I don't think they are to pick. 

Yup, the only thing surprising is that people are still posting about it seemingly astounded...

I'd imagine most of the user base isn't on the forums or in line, so they wouldn't know the difference of being stomped on by a cheater vs a whale...  The small percentage that are spending absurd amounts of money are the protected class, so...  I really don't see what motivation there would be for D3/Demi to change the status quo to be honest.

• ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Gonna be funny when the license for this game gets pulled.  I've seen it happen before with other games that had the same exact issues.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Thank you for the feedback, however please refrain from discussing any potential issues relating to a specific individual, as it can be considered targeting a player / "witch-hunting" and is against forum rules. If you feel there is additional information that needs to be addressed, please privately message me with the details.

Rest assured that the team is aware of the accusations regarding this specific situation, and any appropriate actions have been and/or will be taken when/if applicable, respectively.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Free player cheats = ban, sandbox
    Spend a few bucks in the past = roll back

Not a great message.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

Unfortunately I don't think the specific situation is all that needs to be addressed - cheating is now endemic in the game as others have pointed out and the lack of response to it with the BH exploit had directly lead to a place where confidence and trust has basically been destroyed.

I hope I'm exaggerating but given how much of the player base spending money is aware and unhappy this could begin a sharp death spiral if something isn't done soon to restore trust and integrity of the game - I for one am keeping my amazon coins dry for now to see what happens - if the culture of dealing cheating doesn't improve they'll not be being spent on MPQ for sure
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I just wish that "the team" enforced their own rules as diligently as the forum mods do the forum rules, and as impartially.

It's the use of the word "appropriate" that's of most concern.  I don't think our definition and theirs align.

• MissChinch
    well it wouldn't be surprising if the definitions don't align 100% of the time...  the goals are similar but not identical...   They're a business looking to make the most money possible, I'm just looking for a game that maximizes my fun, those two goals are in agreement most of the time, but not all the time.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I love that @Brigby will respond basically to every thread he's mentioned in but the exploit thread that has been asking for updates for weeks now hasn't earned a response.

Cheating is acceptable.  That's the answer.  Readjust your expectations with how d3/Demi will handle and assume that if the person in question has ever spent in the game, they will be allowed as much latitude as possible over any cheating/exploiting/hacking/lending accounts/etc.

• MissChinch
    I love that @Brigby will respond basically to every thread he's mentioned in but the exploit thread that has been asking for updates for weeks now hasn't earned a response.

Cheating is acceptable.  That's the answer.  Readjust your expectations with how d3/Demi will handle and assume that if the person in question has ever spent in the game, they will be allowed as much latitude as possible over any cheating/exploiting/hacking/lending accounts/etc.

Maybe, but theres enough people in the game at every level that I'll just end up being matched against similar rosters for the most part...  I'd loose any sense of progress and "accomplishment" of building my roster by way of making and executing a plan, I'd loose the goal aspect of it cause I'd have whatever it is I was working toward... 

Sure cheating isn't fair, and if you wanna do it, it appears that youre most likely gonna be completely fine, but it doesn't change the fact that it would suck the fun outta the game...  At least it would for me....  if I had a roster full of 550s, basically the BoP roster... I'd probably last a week or two before becoming bored to death with the game.

That said, like I mentioned earlier, I absolutely wouldn't engage in spending appreciable money on a game that had people just cheating without ramifications to get what I'd have paid for.

• babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Generally speaking...

If someone is heavily exploiting things in game (say the bonus hero exploit)  then I can understand leniency in punishment such as a simple account roll back. 

If someone is blatantly cheating they NEED to be boxed or banned.
    No exceptions. 
  • PiGeek314
    PiGeek314 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    It appears that this person might have been boxed again earlier today.  Hopefully he remains that way this time, and he is not just unboxed and rolled back.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby, I think a big part of the problem here is that this individual likely felt empowered to cheat in large part due to the apparent lack of consequences in so many recent cases.  If these types of egregious cases with high awareness were handled just a little more out in the open I think it would go a long way toward discouraging such actions in the future.  I'm not saying we should publicly shame or target anyone, but IMO there is no harm in communicating the details of the case and the actions taken against this particular roster so that others aren't tempted to try to cheat going forward.
    @Fightmastermpq
    I agree that addressing topics like these in a manner that prevents others from being tempted to cheat is very important. Having said that though, I'm unable to communicate details regarding specific cases. (For example, who an offender is, what a player does, what our action is, etc) We absolutely welcome players to privately report to Customer Support or myself anyone they believe is cheating, as well as any evidence they would like to supply, however beyond that we are unable to disclose any information.

The reason for this is because we want to avoid potentially harmful / vitriolic situations. (For example, witch-hunting and harassing players that are publicly accused, but found innocent after investigation.) We also do not mention details about cheaters, because even explaining their methods would either stimulate more cheaters to emerge or provide clues as to potentially manifest new ways to cheat.