How far do you expect to fall in placement on Thick as Thieves?

Options
2»

Comments

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I forgot to do a clear of the one node on the main event page yesterday. If that 200 points make the difference between a top 10 finish or not I'll be a little annoyed.  (Not very though, 2 covers for a new release is still quite nice.)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh. I actually made t50 after all. Weird, since I missed it in the first three subs, and was like 47th in the fourth. I guess there were enough other people who weren't hitting all four subs well that it let me climb up a bit in the overall.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I ended up ranked #9 in CL8, using only 4*s except for a level 300 Thanos on the trivial nodes.  Looking forward to when these tests become the new normal.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options

I always choose slice 5, the 6 pm ending time make it the only sensible option.  I went with CL8, so that I have some idea of what's coming in the future.

I have no 5* over level 310, my best 4* are around that level, and I'm seeing nodes that max out about 50 levels higher than I was seeing before.  But I don't really care.  As long as each event has someone boosted that can one-shot or nearly one-shot the worst of the opposition, it doesn't matter.

In this case it's 4* Iron Fist, whose black does about 28k damage.  He and 4* Blade and Cloak & Dagger have made this event almost a walk of cake.  I should make top 10, unless real life commitments this evening get in the way.  And that would be better than usual.

:edit: #7.  I is content.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ended up placing #14, less than 300 points shy of t10. Still very happy, by far my best placement ever for a new release. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lost 8 places due to scaling caused sniping. Don't fix the scaling with out looking at fully champed whales playing down in CL5-6
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I did pretty well, but I also started super late and lucked into a flipped SCL 8 Slice.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Between a graduation BBQ on the beach in Kailua and my Father's Day dinner, I finished 37th. The scaling wasn't bad or Bl4de is almost as good as JG boosted for pve. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I barely missed T20 in SCL7 (22), but I also had life concerns that kept me from playing optimal.  I did hit each node for at least 6, only hit 7 on the final node.  For the level of effort the reward was OK, I expected to be in to T20, but again I wasn't nearly as optimal as I would have liked to be.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Got t5, scl8, prejoin and S3. 4* roster. Wasn't expecting t10 on a test and NR.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I fell up in placement. What a glorious change.