How far do you expect to fall in placement on Thick as Thieves?

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
Iso-8 Brotherhood - Top 3 (CL 6)
Thick as Thieves - Im guessing due to scaling and new character I MIGHT make top 50.  

Comments

• FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think I finished 21 in the last event like this. I can usually finish top 10 though. I don't expect it to be different. 
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Last scaling test I finished #7 in my CL8, slice 3 bracket.  For new character releases I think I've only got top 10 like 3 or 4 times ever though. So probably top 50.

Depending on where the node levels end up for this test I might go to CL7 instead. I have a 4* roster with underleveled 5*s.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    as long as I scrape top 100, I'll be fine (that's where I expect to land in SCL8 for ISOBros). But I'll be dropping to SCL7 for the easier scaling.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like to be able to keep my usual SCL7 t50. But I suspect that between the scaling test and the release, there's going to be enough extra competition there that I'll end up t100.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm doing SCL 7 and I expect I'll probably get my normal new release placement of T20, T50 if I don't have a great time.  As long as I get at least T100 I'm fine though.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now that these people are going into the latest 12, I no longer stress about placement. Usually by the end of the season that they end up in packs, they are either fully covered, or close. I'm doing CL8 because of the additional resources.

I've only placed t10 in CL8 for a release event once, and it was R&G's. I'm expecting t20 for this event, but of course t10 will be a pleasant surprise. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I actually hope to get better placement this time. I dropped down to SCL 6 (from SCL 8) and am hoping for a top 20 finish (usually get top 50-100 in SCL 8). I am going to try the play style usually referred to as "optimal" for PVE and see if that's something I want to pursue from now on, or if its not for me. A busy weekend + lower enemy scaling is the primary reason for me to try something new. 
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The only problem I have in dropping in SCL is that it seems a lot of people are doing the same thing. I understand that the top tier guys will have an advantage, but if everyone drops down, they might be the only one in my slice. Lol
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dropped down to SCL7, slice 2, joined around the same time I usually would (30-40 minutes in) and the bracket was only half full. By the time I finished my 4 clears around an hour later, it was still just at 919. I'm pretty sure, judging from the names at the top, that this was the first bracket, so either not as many people are dropping down as we all seem to expect, or they're dropping down past 7 to 6.

As long as I get T100, I don't really care. I usually get T50 in new release events, but I've never finished higher. In non-release events I vary between T10 and T50, depending on my available time.
  • legeng
    legeng Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I did like a 45 minute clear (thank god Blade is boosted) and I landed at 19th place. I can't even imagine how fast did the top people in my slice do it, all with several champed 5* including Thanos 5*. Top 50 seems possible at least.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lets check in my slice and bracket (CL6) the 1st in placement after first day clear of 4 has a 462,a 458, a 452, a 459 and a 455, a 450 and a 360. In CL6. SOMETHING WRONG HERE D3.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm doing scl7, and I don't really do optimal clears, but I try to approximate the strategy. Do 1st 4 shortly after the sub starts, try and do at least 2 maybe 3 more shortly before the sub ends. In the last event I made top 20 and didn't get 7th clears on everything. Yesterday I did my 1st 4 and there were more than 70 who did it faster. I think I'm going to have to try and work as optimally as possible just to make top 100 and get that Sandman cover. I don't blame the 5* rosters for dropping to scl7 for the faster clears, but it's going to make it tough on me with only 4 barely champed 4* to make even marginal placement.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I expect to get top 20 in SCL 7.  Dropped down from my usual stomping ground of SCL 8 because to be honest clearing quicker is worth the drop in rewards.  I usually finish somewhere in the top 5 - top 50 range depending on the individual event and time constraints with work.  Finished 17th in the last event.  

I have a 4* roster, no leveled or cover maxed 5*s and was able to finish my clears in the first sub in under an hour.  Some of that was due to having R&G throwing out sick strike tiles but the time spent is much more palatable.  
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After the first 4 clears in the second sub I'm at #8 in the sub and #4 in the event.  With boosted Bl4de, Nova, and a level 300 5trange, my 4 clears in CL8 took just under an hour.

If/when this scaling change goes permanent I'll probably pick CL8 as long as the boosted 4*s are pretty good, and drop to CL7 if they're not, or if the event is Venom Bomb or maybe Juggernaut Heroic.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like to be able to keep my usual SCL7 t50. But I suspect that between the scaling test and the release, there's going to be enough extra competition there that I'll end up t100.
    Looks like I called it so far. Ended up t100 in the first Sub, and I was #63 after finishing my first set of clears for the second.
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    legeng said:
    I can't even imagine how fast did the top people in my slice do it, all with several champed 5* including Thanos 5*.
    You answered your own statement - 5* Thanos.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Unstable I did SCL7, felt I played to around 12th or so (just miss t10)...came in 17th.

This event I also did SCL7, I'm playing roughly to par, I think I'll t20, which is normal for me on a release.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dropped to SCL7, and I've never done a new release on SCL7, so it's hard to compare.

I did notice every single player in the top 10 in my slice had multiple champed 5's, including Thanos.  I can't compete with that without scaling, so I'll do 6-7 clears and be happy with top 100.  
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After ISO bros for 7 days, I'll be amazed if I find it in me to make max progression, let alone worry about falling in placement.  
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always choose CL8 and stayed there for TaT. I'm playing my best ever is this one too. I usually struggle for t100 in new release events, however 12 hours after my initial clear in the 3rd sub and I'm still in 15th place. A t10 finish is absolutely realistic for me, which is incredible because I don't make t10 on regular events!!!!