Just got my first max level 3*

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Congrats to Steve Rogers, my first level 266.

Now I need to build another one, I guess. Funny how when Championing came out I thought it would take way longer to hit the final level.

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats, what do you get for him if you sell him?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    105,000 ISO and 500HP

Worth flipping eventually, but not yet. 3*s are harder to come by, so he's not getting flipped until I've maxed him twice.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    105,000 ISO and 500HP

Worth flipping eventually, but not yet. 3*s are harder to come by, so he's not getting flipped until I've maxed him twice.
    Exactly.  I'm up to 7 different 266s and I have 7 dupes that I'll start farming.  Maxed 3*s are too useful in PvP to sell off.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely worth re-rostering in-pack 3s.  They come up way more often.  I now have Cag3 and Rogers dupes that have passed several of my vaulted 3.  I'm up to 19 max champed 3s and keep them just for PVP.

I've heard that when you're dupe is at 220+, it's ok to sell the original, but I subscribe to the theory that you only sell the original when the dupe is at max champ and the third one is read to champ.  It's the same way I treat my 2s.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve is probably going to be my first maxed 3* as well. I've got a couple of covers I'm holding for him instead of adding levels, since he's getting so far ahead of the rest of my roster.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

When I got my first I made the mistake of selling it as soon as I had a replacement covered and ready to champion, using the ISO I got from the sale.  I made the same mistake for the next 5 or so as well.

Now I'm keeping the max-champs and building duplicates.  A 3* at 266 boosted is much, much better than a 3* at 166 boosted.  And since I championed all the 4* I can / want to, it's not like I need to sell the max-champ to get the ISO to level the duplicates.

Even HP is more abundant these days, so having 1000 for another roster slot isn't the big deal it was a few months ago.

• msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Congratulations! I also maxed my first 3* today as well, IM40.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I made the mistake of selling my first two max champed 3*s (Patch and GSBW). I set them both up as favorites and have since rechamped them, but like others have mentioned, a 266 3* is a huge difference from a 170+ 3*, especially with PVP (which I quickly found out with Patch). I just max-champed Strange, and I've learned my lesson and will not sell.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    105,000 ISO and 500HP

Interesting. Cost to max a 2* and what you get for recycling a max 2* champ are within just a couple hundred ISO of one another. Kind of surprised to see that there's nearly a 15k ISO difference between maxing a 3* and recycling one.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL said:
    105,000 ISO and 500HP

Interesting. Cost to max a 2* and what you get for recycling a max 2* champ are within just a couple hundred ISO of one another. Kind of surprised to see that there's nearly a 15k ISO difference between maxing a 3* and recycling one.
    It's 69530 iso for maxing and 65000 iso for selling, so there's also almost a 5k iso difference.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    My GSBW and IM40 have been duking it out for the longest and are still in the lead, but IM40 will likely be the first now that Widow is vaulted. I find it very appropriate, because IM40 was my first 3* champ. GSBW was my 4th, and Patch was my 5th, who's also creeping up there. 

IM40 - 250
    GSBW - 249
    Patch - 241
    Cag3/R&G - 238
    Rogers - 236

The LTs are flowing, and I love it. Cag3 was a big surprise. R&G not so much because I bonused him all the way to 223 to help finish my Drax, but Cag3 has just been luck of the draw. Everyone else has 2* feeders. 
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    With that huge of a difference in price to champ, it's not really worth flipping them.

The rewards are nice but even without bonus heros is a 6 to 7 months or so until they get back up to speed. More if they are out of tokens. 

The key difference is 2's don't take 100 covers to max out. 
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    funny...My Steve Rogers Super Soldier is my top level 3 (226, one away from that 2nd Legendary Token)
    sice he's in the console version I'm guessing he's a fairly old character
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Very cool! I just finished max champing R&G, and I have Patch and LCap one level away, plus many more behind them. I'm looking forward to starting it all over again with them!

I won't sell the max champ until I have a second one, so that I can remain competitive in PVP, especially against Thanos teams. It's not a problem to spend the extra HP on roster slots. Even though I buy shields in PVP, I'm up to 9000+ HP, with plenty more on the way.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I'm now one away from Patch being my first. I remember early on he took the lead by a long way, then just stopped. He kept up with everyone, but never regained the lead until near the end.

Then I got a bunch of Steve covers all at once and Patch got pipped to the finish line.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm up to seven or eight maxed 3*s - the HP cost to roster dupes is kind of annoying, but hooooo buddy do you get a ton of LTs.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I'm gonna be really sad when I run out of 3* champ rewards. I don't think in have the heart to start over.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice Dragon Nexus!

I'm so close.  My Steve (265) is having a race with my Patch (264) to see who gets there first.  
  • DeltaAlpha75
    DeltaAlpha75 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I had Dr. Strange as my only 3* bonus hero and he is maxxed now also. The leveling speed was insane and i liked the later rewards. Will keep him also, as he is my only 3* beside IM42 which i play along with my 4* champs.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Groot and GSBW were my first to hit 266, then Steve.  Kamala is sitting at 265.

Since finishing Groot, I rostered a dupe, got it to 13 covers, and now I'm sitting on 10 extra covers for him.  

People keep saying that the maxed 3*s are useful for PVP, and I get that, but I'm considering selling him anyway to start the new one.  Investing the ISO in maxing this new Groot would take away from my plans to level more 5*s and 4*s.  I'm using a level 188 Mystique in the current PVP and it's fine.  I have like 5 more days to decide whether I'm selling these Groot covers.