Deadpool's Life of the Party error

Options
Fionsel
Fionsel Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
Today in DDQ at the 3rd node I had deadpool down to ~1200 hp and the sentry flyer at ~2600 health. I used 2* Thor's Call of the Storm on the Sentry Flyer and deadpool intercepted. This caused Deadpool to be killed but only did half the damage to the sentry flyer as the "damage to all other enemies" part hit the sentry instead of the initial hit.

Similar behaviour has been observed here:
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/653394?

Which has been brought up with the devs apparently but nothing has happened so far.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's normal behavior/interaction between life of the party and powers with both an aoe and a targetted component. Carnage's Symbiote Scythes is another. Deadpool intercepts the "large" targetted hit, and the rest take the team damage portion.
  • Fionsel
    Fionsel Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How can it be intended if Deadpool has less health than the targetted character? It completely contradicts the description of his power.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, I see what you mean.

Sounds like it's (surprise) an order of operations issue compounded with the damage-in-two-parts longstanding issue, which would explain why it affects single-target split-damage powers (like Oldest Trick in your link, and Wilson's Gambit which I've also seen) in addition to team damage powers.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, this one is especially messed up and then. I've seen this with single target powers like Oldest Trick in the Book where the base damage drops the taget lower than Deadpool, then he intercepts the extra damage. For this one, the enemy in front would have to be hit by the single target portion of CtS, giving him lower health than Deadpool. Then, the second part of the damage is supposed to be AOE, and should not trigger LotP. The coding in this game seems to get more screwy all the time.