MPQ at Marvel.com: Sandman (6/13/17)

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Skygazing said:
    Looking through the screenshots it seems they've added a Sinister Six affiliation. Combined with the imminent release of Homecoming, comments about a "Summer of Spider-man", and release of Doc Ock... Well. Interpret as you all please.

Not to mention the following comment in the "interview": "With the addition of Sandman we’re about a third of the way to a full Sinister Six."

I expect Vulture will be the next release, but I hope this means that Mysterio, Kraven, and Electro are coming soon too (though I suspect they're not).

About a third of the way?  Are they using Excel to divide 2 by 6?
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SolidQ said:
    astrp3 said:
    At five covers, his yellow creates six strength 168 protect tiles or, if there are 7+ friendly protect tiles, does 5,542 damage (and removes them).  His purple swaps 14 non-yellow tiles, converting up to five to yellow.
    Stats for 70lvl? :)

The yellow stats are for level 270.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Sandman?  I'm surprised.  With Homecoming's imminent release, I would have expected Vulture from Spidey's Rogues' Gallery.  I'm not complaining... Happy there's a new villain, just surprised.

I agree with @bbigler, I'm often disappointed with a power that consumes special tiles, but I guess we'll wait and see if it's worth it...

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    bbigler said:
    I think the only way for him to see regular use is if his green is stronger than Rhulk's at 9 AP OR his purple is a good yellow battery OR his yellow is really, really good - like create 4 protect tiles of strength 300 and later nuke the target for 2500 per tile good.
    At five covers, his yellow creates six strength 168 protect tiles or, if there are 7+ friendly protect tiles, does 5,542 damage (and removes them).  His purple swaps 14 non-yellow tiles, converting up to five to yellow.
    Well, his yellow sounds very disappointing then.  At the very high cost of 10 AP plus 7 protect tiles on the board (and removing them), it should deal at least twice that amount of damage.  Probably 3x that amount to make it worth it.  Think about it, he has to fire the power twice just to get enough protect tiles, then fire it a 3rd time to remove them all and deal how much damage?  5K?  Your kidding, right? 

4*Cage can deal 6K+ for 8 Yellow AP, and he just requires any 3 friendly specials.
    Even the hated Agent Venom can deal 3300 Team Damage for 11 Yellow AP, plus you get team invisibility
    Cloak & Dagger can deal 3300 damage to a target or the entire team for 8 Yellow AP

The Purple board shuffle and add 5 yellow tiles sounds underwhelming too.  Kamala Khan adds 7 green tiles for 8 Purple AP, plus you can specify one of those green tiles. 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Was going to post this in the other thread but it got moved/closed:

I'd be more than happy for a nice, reliable, "bread-and-butter" character; not everything has to have a new gimmick

He's got an AOE + single target stun rolled into one (for only 9 AP) and Yellow tile generation (not quite as good as direct AP generation, but there are now a few yellow abilities which I'd be happy to fuel a little faster). I think his final ability is the big question mark - it either generates protect tiles OR removes all friendly protect tiles and deals damage for each one. At 10 AP, you don't want to be double-casting that to get to the damage portion, and since it's not spammable, I'd hope that the damage is high.

If the damage numbers on his Yellow are good, I think he'll find a place on quite a few teams. There's definitely synergy potential between him and Cage or Mr F from the vintage 4*'s, and in the latest 12 I think he could play nice with Cloak & Dagger (able to accelerate yellow in different ways) and Gamora (full active rainbow pair, potential for team stuns).

• DrDevilDinosaur
    Options
    Insert lazy Metallica joke here.
    Ah, One more Spidey villain joins the game - as well as more Fuel to the speculation of a full sinister six line up. It might be Sad but True, but Nothing Else Matters to me than getting The Shocker. If he's not added to the game soon, I Disappear.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Insert lazy Metallica joke here.
    Ah, One more Spidey villain joins the game - as well as more Fuel to the speculation of a full sinister six line up. It might be Sad but True, but Nothing Else Matters to me than getting The Shocker. If he's not added to the game soon, I Disappear.
    Do you actually want Shocker, or was it just for the Metallica sentence? I mean, he's not the worst Spiderman villain ever, but The Lizard should be added before him. And Electro. And Kraven. And Scorpion. And Rihno. And maybe Paste Pot Pete/The Trapper.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    edited June 2017
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Do you actually want Shocker, or was it just for the Metallica sentence? I mean, he's not the worst Spiderman villain ever, but The Lizard should be added before him. And Electro. And Kraven. And Scorpion. And Rihno. And maybe Paste Pot Pete/The Trapper.
    It's no Metallica reference - my love for the Shocker is real. Yes, he's kind of goofy and definitely Z-grade, but he has a special place in my heart. To tell the truth, Quake more or less got the kinds of powers that would suit The Shocker, so I don't really see him ever being added to the game.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they're going to be releasing a number of Spider-man themed characters, I'm happy to see it is more villains.

Presumably there will be another 5* sinister six release, which will probably get a matching 3* version.  Vulture perhaps?

If they add sinister six themed story event into the mix, that'll be even better.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cool!  Great character and glad to see another villain.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jamesh said:
    If they're going to be releasing a number of Spider-man themed characters, I'm happy to see it is more villains.

Presumably there will be another 5* sinister six release, which will probably get a matching 3* version.  Vulture perhaps?

If they add sinister six themed story event into the mix, that'll be even better.
    That would be awesome.  My guess would be 5* Vulture to coincide with the movie.  Then they just need Mysterio (love that guy) and Kraven the Hunter.  Both of them would be great as 5*'s, but we'll see.
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm hoping for Vulture as well. Then have a team of 5* Doc Ock, 5* Osborn and 4* Sandman :smile:

• Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    YES!!! More villains!!  The Original Sinister six was Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, the original Mysterio, and Sandman.  They could do a variant and bring in the Hobgoblin since he was part of the later six, that would make me very happy, I like him!  Either way I am happy all around!!
  • ntcplanters
    ntcplanters Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Glad for Sandman coming out. Glad that it is not another version of Wolverine, Spiderman, Iron Man, etc.

Wishing that MPQ would work on new Clearance Levels (@ Rank 73). Wishing they would stop the color locking w/covers, and allow us to choose which ability to power-up, when we pull a cover: preventing 4* duplicate cover pulls that we cannot use (I am starting to waste Legendary pulls). Wishing they would have an Alliance-based Hub, and allow for Alliance Wars, Alliance Rewards, and other Social based events. Wishing for a crafting system. Wishing for anything other than another 4* to come out in 2 weeks. Wishing...
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler said:
    astrp3 said:
    bbigler said:
    I think the only way for him to see regular use is if his green is stronger than Rhulk's at 9 AP OR his purple is a good yellow battery OR his yellow is really, really good - like create 4 protect tiles of strength 300 and later nuke the target for 2500 per tile good.
    Well, his yellow sounds very disappointing then.  At the very high cost of 10 AP plus 7 protect tiles on the board (and removing them), it should deal at least twice that amount of damage.  Probably 3x that amount to make it worth it.  Think about it, he has to fire the power twice just to get enough protect tiles, then fire it a 3rd time to remove them all and deal how much damage?  5K?  Your kidding, right? 
    Even taken on its own merit 5.5k damage for 10 AP is mediocre at best. Losing at least 7 friendly special tiles makes it quite a bit worse.

But yeah, having to get 7 protect tiles before the power does damage kills it.
    Who even creates 7 protect without using yellow AP himself? 3* Falcon, 3* Spidey, 2* Bullseye, anyone else?

Looks like it's going to be another yellow 3 cover power noone ever uses.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh, this is nice. I was wishing for a yellow tile generator. And team damage plus stun is great, too.

Now I would like next 4star to be Mysterio (please no other level than 4-star, as I only want him to have a Crash of Titans, and make it be against Old Man Logan).

But probably a 4-star Peter Parker is next. And then I suppose two versions of Vulture.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I question whether or not we'll actually get a 5th Peter Parker. Of course, there's no precedent until it happens. Maybe they could do something super insane:
    Change Bagman into The Trapper.
    Think on that. Change the character completely, all covers, all the ones in rosters, all rewards into an entirely different character. At least 2 of the powers basically fit as they are, with the tile-locking and CD delay. Switcheroo isn't quite right for him, an could maybe be turned into a stun. At least the web tiles need to be taken out of the kit. He wouldn't even need to be added to tokens, because the number of people who would want Paste Pot Pete would be few and far between (seriously, glue guns?).
    Then, a 4-star Peter Parker could easily be added without having him in every tier.
    Now, we only have one more release before the movie comes out, and maybe a Spider-related release while it's in theaters. Vulture has to happen. It has to. I don't personally agree with a 3/5 villain again, unless they give the power differences better treatment than Starlord got. Hawkeye was the best released 3/5 as far as uniqueness goes, and really should be the way they work. Heck, the first 2 (Thanos and Strange) had more differences between their variants than Starlord did. At least both of them had 2 powers with noticeable changes.
    Certainly, though, there is room for a 3/5 as far as artwork goes. There's Vulture (Classic) in the green suit with the fluffy collar and feather wings. Then there's Vulture (I'm Batman) in the tech that was obviously built by someone really rich with wonderful toys who made a device that sent him to a different dimension when studio executives totally botched his franchise by recasting him. MCU Vulture can use lasers and stuff, while comic Vulture can... um... eat tapioca pudding or something? Honestly, was never intimidated by Old Man Vulture.
    I hope we get Lizard next.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh, this is nice. I was wishing for a yellow tile generator. And team damage plus stun is great, too.

Now I would like next 4star to be Mysterio (please no other level than 4-star, as I only want him to have a Crash of Titans, and make it be against Old Man Logan).

But probably a 4-star Peter Parker is next. And then I suppose two versions of Vulture.
    Breaking News (fictional): 4* Wastelands Hawkeye is announced to MPQ before Mysterio  :p
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Glad for Sandman coming out. Glad that it is not another version of Wolverine, Spiderman, Iron Man, etc.

Wishing that MPQ would work on new Clearance Levels (@ Rank 73). Wishing they would stop the color locking w/covers, and allow us to choose which ability to power-up, when we pull a cover: preventing 4* duplicate cover pulls that we cannot use (I am starting to waste Legendary pulls). Wishing they would have an Alliance-based Hub, and allow for Alliance Wars, Alliance Rewards, and other Social based events. Wishing for a crafting system. Wishing for anything other than another 4* to come out in 2 weeks. Wishing...

HIRED!!!
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Starfury said:
    Who even creates 7 protect without using yellow AP himself? 3* Falcon, 3* Spidey, 2* Bullseye, anyone else?
    Bring a Coercive Field TU. Edit: I forgot that Falcon's Bird Strike also costs 9 AP now
    Also, 4* Luke Cage generates a ton over time against the right opponents.