Cheating

Comments

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    @Hadronic

This player and the previous player of the account are both part of the mystical LINE community you speak of.  They are not being branded as a sniper while being clueless, I can promise that.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=common-questions&f=is-it-ok-to-buy-sell-or-transfer-a-game-account&l=en

That's pretty straightforward.

Edit: For those who don't want to click on the link

Is it OK to buy, sell, or transfer a game account?

No. Buying, selling, or transferring a Marvel Puzzle Quest account is not allowed and violates the MPQ Terms of Use.
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Simply put in my humble opinion that this is always the problem with the powers that be! They say one thing do another but it can be something like what happens to me once in awhile. What if my kids snag my phone like they have and start playing my game which the have am I a cheater I hope not they normally tinykitty up my progress
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Btw lost half my comment when it posted what the tinykitty
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=common-questions&f=is-it-ok-to-buy-sell-or-transfer-a-game-account&l=en

That's pretty straightforward.

Edit: For those who don't want to click on the link

Is it OK to buy, sell, or transfer a game account?

No. Buying, selling, or transferring a Marvel Puzzle Quest account is not allowed and violates the MPQ Terms of Use.

Now that's more like it.  Thank you.

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, I meant "can the game be played at all without an account"?

The specifics of who created the account are not the issue - if the game cannot be played without an account at all, then the term "game", could be held to be interchangeable with and equivalent to "account". 
    You can play without a facebook account but progress is stored locally. If you change device, or if the device malfunctions, then progress is lost. 
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I don't think enforcing rules is MPQs thing. Now if you want relentless character creation, they got you covered.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Pongie said:
    No, I meant "can the game be played at all without an account"?

The specifics of who created the account are not the issue - if the game cannot be played without an account at all, then the term "game", could be held to be interchangeable with and equivalent to "account". 
    You can play without a facebook account but progress is stored locally. If you change device, or if the device malfunctions, then progress is lost. 

That's not actually true. 

Your MPQ "account" is stored server side. Your link to it is via your chosen In-game name (IGN). Technically, it's via a user ID, but your IGN is what you use to specify your account. 

If you lose your device (or it dies) D3 can and will restore your account. Having it backed up via Facebook allows you to do this yourself (in case of disaster, multiple devices, or simply a new device). 

Regardless, having your IGN account tied to a Facebook account is just an identification/authorization method to facilitate restore/transfer. It's not required, strictly speaking, to recover your account. 
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    edited June 2017
    i really dont understand tread creator. if someone lets someone else play. then let him play. games are suppose to be fun. if the guy does not have time anymore or fun with it. but he wants to let someone else play on his own account. it is his right to do so. 
    if you are really that petty that you find this cheating. then i would rather take a deep look in myself and ask the question. how did i become this way? 

this is not about life and death. it is a game. if this game or telephone gets nuked. i dont care. it does not affect my life. 

**Removed attacks on other posters - Ducky
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah loaning your account to someone to play unless say for instance on the actual same device is not ideal. Do not see it as much of an issue if for instance a family member or partner in the same household has a shot of your game. Though I would be more worried they messed something up so for me that is not ever gonna happen.

A much bigger issue that has not been addressed and mentioned by the op is the bonus hero exploit. Fighting a team in pvp or being hut by one that you know with certainty has used the bonus hero exploit is a lot worse and just leaves a bad taste.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    So many people trying to angle shoot in case they want to sell their account themselves is pretty funny.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Giving or selling your account is against the TOS ban people that break the TOS. 

So now we need someone at d3 to verify that everyone playing the game is at least 13 years of age. And if they are younger than 19 they need to make sure they have parental permission. Or else ban those scummy TOS breakers.

In fact the TOS even states minors under 13 are not to even view the game. So if your young children watch you play you also deserve a ban.

Why is no action being taken on this most foul TOS infraction.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I disagree with this thread, mostly because also let my nieces play on my account. If someone in my family or one of my friends wants to play with my phone, it would be rude of me to tell them to get their own phone. If someone would want to access my account when I'm not around, I wouldn't allow it because I'd lose control over my rooster. But if others are more sharing than I am, why not?

There are so many other dubious practices, such as: conditions to join an alliance, ganging up on those that don't have a strong alliance behind them, bracket sniping, joining at lower levels to get easier rewards etc., which are all allowed by the developers, that reenforcing this one rule wouldn't make much difference for overall game-play fairness.
  • tiomono
    I disagree with this thread, mostly because also let my nieces play on my account. If someone in my family or one of my friends wants to play with my phone, it would be rude of me to tell them to get their own phone. If someone would want to access my account when I'm not around, I wouldn't allow it because I'd lose control over my rooster. But if others are more sharing than I am, why not?

There are so many other dubious practices, such as: conditions to join an alliance, ganging up on those that don't have a strong alliance behind them, bracket sniping, joining at lower levels to get easier rewards etc., which are all allowed by the developers, that reenforcing this one rule wouldn't make much difference for overall game-play fairness.
    Your nieces had better be older than 13 or you are breaking the TOS and deserve an immediate ban.

Tos nitpicking and joking aside, I agree with you.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I get the concern here, but shouldn't we be WAY more focused on the BH exploit rosters that seem to have not really been punished?  Or one rather large roster that has popped up recently that got boxed and then mysteriously unboxed yesterday with only a very slight rollback????

The message being sent is that a little cheating is OK as long as you spend a little too or have spent in the past.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    I'm not sure how this would be considered cheating, if the current "player" of the account isn't doing anything than the owner of the account couldn't do.
    Because it's spelled out in the ToS that it's against the rules, thus cheating.
    That's the rules of the ToS, not the rules of the game. "cheating" and "breaking the rules" are not synonyms, nor is one a definition of the other. 

I'm not arguing whether the ToS are being (allegedly) violated. I'm simply commenting that it seems like an odd thing to complain about on the forum since no one seems to be gaining an unfair advantage as far as day-to-day game interactions go. 
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    You mean those 550 thanos teams with a loaner? I get Attack by them all the time especially during ranking hour. I wonder how Long it takes for them to get 100 thanos covers to champ it to max
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    I'm not sure how this would be considered cheating, if the current "player" of the account isn't doing anything than the owner of the account couldn't do.
    That's the rules of the ToS, not the rules of the game. "cheating" and "breaking the rules" are not synonyms, nor is one a definition of the other. 

I'm not arguing whether the ToS are being (allegedly) violated. I'm simply commenting that it seems like an odd thing to complain about on the forum since no one seems to be gaining an unfair advantage as far as day-to-day game interactions go. 
    I think someone taking a break from the game and still continuing to gain rewards for playing each day because they have loaned their account to a friend is absolutely an unfair advantage. This game requires a significant time investment to be competitive, and using multiple people on one account to make that investment easier is a violation of ToS and unfair to all of the people putting that same time in on their own.

Letting a kid or SO play a few matches isn't the same as taking a week's long break and recruiting someone else to play for you. If you want to take an extended break from the game, you shouldn't be gaining rewards in that time period, and other players shouldn't be forced to compete with your account.
  • tiomono
    edited June 2017
    JHawkInc said:
    Ducky said:

I think someone taking a break from the game and still continuing to gain rewards for playing each day because they have loaned their account to a friend is absolutely an unfair advantage. This game requires a significant time investment to be competitive, and using multiple people on one account to make that investment easier is a violation of ToS and unfair to all of the people putting that same time in on their own.

Letting a kid or SO play a few matches isn't the same as taking a week's long break and recruiting someone else to play for you. If you want to take an extended break from the game, you shouldn't be gaining rewards in that time period, and other players shouldn't be forced to compete with your account.
    No you cannot let a minor play or watch your game. It's against the TOS. Therefore an offense worthy of a ban.

Edit: Why flag a post that does exactly what the op did. Point out an infraction of the TOS, and say that should be banned.

No, letting a child play is not the same as taking a break and letting someone else play. But according to the TOS they should have the same consequence.
This discussion has been closed.