Anyone else want a break from long PvE events?

Options
2»

Comments

• DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    With the new tournament season and especially with monthly shield simulator there will be always some content running. So maybe the devs will have more room to create new PvE content at at reasonable pace without worrying to fill the event tab?

Moreover, I like the idea, already suggested in some threads, that old PvE events become progressively a part of the prologue tab. No more progression reward nor competitive ranking but a way to play solo sometimes, re-reading the story and grinding some iso.

Or perhaps just running a PVE every now and then that DOESN'T have alliance rankings/rewards. With a less-than-consequential solo player prize (*cough* Daredevil). Y'know, just to mix things up and give all the alliances an opportunity to chill out.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I think some people are their own worst enemy in these events. They jump into subs right away, try to get all the 4/4 rewards they can, hit all the point refreshes, drive up their level scaling in the process and then try to finish top 1-5 in each one.

It's okay to wait until 13 hours are left on a sub, join and do a light pass-through then finish strong in the last 30 minutes. You won't get every 4/4 reward and you won't get the best progression reward ... but more importantly, you won't feel like this game is chore and question why you even play anymore.

I know the pressure of alliances might make this hard for some people, but what's worse for an alliance then a valued member giving up altogether?
    it's still pretty difficult to obtain on Europe time since MOST events end around 6 AM
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    I'm doing that and still burnt out on this PVE. At the minimum, they need to change up some of the characters, I know its tough with the limited DA roster but fighting Daken for the 1000th time gets old.

I've always thought that it makes no sense from a story point of view, either.

"Hey, you've just beaten Daken and Bullseye here, so howabout you go here and fight them again."

Did I actually beat them the first time, or play rock, paper, effing scissors?
  • I vote that they stop releasing new characters every other week and start cranking out some new events with current cover/iso rewards. Reruns of the same events, nodes and dialogue is beyond getting old. Four or 5 day events are long enough for me, I'd rather play them than PVP. Most of the time in PVPs I just iso farm and if I end up with a plausible chance to push for a top 10 or so then I will toward then end.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I think some people are their own worst enemy in these events. They jump into subs right away, try to get all the 4/4 rewards they can, hit all the point refreshes, drive up their level scaling in the process and then try to finish top 1-5 in each one.

It's okay to wait until 13 hours are left on a sub, join and do a light pass-through then finish strong in the last 30 minutes. You won't get every 4/4 reward and you won't get the best progression reward ... but more importantly, you won't feel like this game is chore and question why you even play anymore.

I know the pressure of alliances might make this hard for some people, but what's worse for an alliance then a valued member giving up altogether?

But how do people know about refreshes and the overall game structure or format for each event? Especially those who aren't on this forum.

Refreshes were just explained to me last month by someone on this forum. Before that, Id see people talking about refreshes, but had no clue what they meant. I thought they meant that they'd get 4/4 rewards and then the node would "refresh" back to 0/4. Not only that, but when I wrote to D3 months ago asking various questions, they didn't even acknowledge or answer my question asking what is a refresh and how does it work.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    the event itself was kinda boring, but ripping open easy tokens once or twice a day is definately fun!
  • Toxicadam wrote:

Spot on. I waited until near the end of the first sub to join, then played one clear on every single sub of the Hunt and still managed about 125,000 points. Only at the end did I start to see the 300 level opponents (and used rote gameplay to emerge completely unscathed from them), and I don't feel jaded by the whole experience.

Of course, there's no saying that is going to be viable in every PvE, but it worked a treat in Hunt.
  • And by one clear, I mean play each battle once, and maybe the odd one two or three times. Didn't need to worry about finishing 1-2 in the subs, the bigger picture was what mattered here for me.