Anyone else want a break from long PvE events?

Options
Kelbris
Kelbris Posts: 1,051
I'm so burnt out on things like hunt and hulk that are literally just "remember that thing you just did? DO IT ALL AGAIN," that i'd really like to see it go away for a while (unless 4.5 is ready).

Is there any plausible reason why the hunt couldn't have had 2 cycles instead of 4? Why do they need to be nine days long?

Comments

• I wonder if the "seasons" thing is an attempt to get around this. They want to dole out new covers, but they do not want to dole out two sets of the new cover. Right now, that means one 9-day event instead of two 4.5-day events. If they could make a PVE season that just lasts a week or two, then they could run part of a new chapter for a few days, followed by a short simulator, followed by a Heroic mode, etc. The top prizes in the individual PVE events could be tokens or older 3* covers and the season rewards would be the new cover they want to release.

I am probably way off, though.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The original hunt had this same structure, so I think they just didn't want to bother with a structure overall. I'm hoping that 4.5 is a lot less grindy, or we get a rerun of unstable iso or something so you can just leisurely do each set of nodes once since rubberbanding would get you to first place on the last day extremely easily.
  • I'm not a big fan of 9-day events either but this is the first 9-day event we've had in a few weeks. As far as it goes, I think we've been getting a pretty good balance of "types" of PvEs recently.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love a week off from PvE events entirely.
  • mags1587 wrote:

I could handle a 5 day total, 2 rounder event icon_e_smile.gif
  • Every time I finish a sub-event and pull Bag Man from an assault token, the game feels a little more pointless. I'm pushing through because I don't want to get shut out of Falcon, but I'm starting to burn out because the rewards have been terrible so far.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:

I could live with this.

I would also like if Florida is never part of any event ever again. Or just lessen the nodes...unless that is the design intent considering Florida is one giant pot of crazy.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I wonder if the "seasons" thing is an attempt to get around this. They want to dole out new covers, but they do not want to dole out two sets of the new cover. Right now, that means one 9-day event instead of two 4.5-day events. If they could make a PVE season that just lasts a week or two, then they could run part of a new chapter for a few days, followed by a short simulator, followed by a Heroic mode, etc. The top prizes in the individual PVE events could be tokens or older 3* covers and the season rewards would be the new cover they want to release.

I am probably way off, though.

Why can't we just do one 5 day PvE, and then a couple days without one? Why do people need PvE 24/7
  • mags1587
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:

I could live with this.

You guys say that now, but just wait until they announce the next 5-day 2-round Heroic where the only available characters are Falcon, Loki, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Bagman, and Yelena. icon_razz.gif
  • I think some people are their own worst enemy in these events. They jump into subs right away, try to get all the 4/4 rewards they can, hit all the point refreshes, drive up their level scaling in the process and then try to finish top 1-5 in each one.

It's okay to wait until 13 hours are left on a sub, join and do a light pass-through then finish strong in the last 30 minutes. You won't get every 4/4 reward and you won't get the best progression reward ... but more importantly, you won't feel like this game is chore and question why you even play anymore.

I know the pressure of alliances might make this hard for some people, but what's worse for an alliance then a valued member giving up altogether?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I think some people are their own worst enemy in these events. They jump into subs right away, try to get all the 4/4 rewards they can, hit all the point refreshes, drive up their level scaling in the process and then try to finish top 1-5 in each one.

It's okay to wait until 13 hours are left on a sub, join and do a light pass-through then finish strong in the last 30 minutes. You won't get every 4/4 reward and you won't get the best progression reward ... but more importantly, you won't feel like this game is chore and question why you even play anymore.

I know the pressure of alliances might make this hard for some people, but what's worse for an alliance then a valued member giving up altogether?

I've been doing that method and its been good enough for top 10 in most subs: i'd be surprised if your alliance expects more than that out of you.
  • mags1587
    Options
    I think even people using that method are tired of this event by now. I know I'm sick of the same fights over and over every few days.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

I could live with this.

You guys say that now, but just wait until they announce the next 5-day 2-round Heroic where the only available characters are Falcon, Loki, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Bagman, and Yelena. icon_razz.gif

Everybody check under your seats...Snarky remarks and crotch shots for everyone!!!
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

I could live with this.

Heroic Bagsville.

The reward would have to be something fitting as well...like Bagnarok covers.

I mean, hey, that would essentially be a week off from PVE right?
  • I think it ia the lack of variety regarding enemies.. Dark avenger, goons, dark avengers, goon, dark avengers again.. It is boring as hell.. Simulator was long but i thoroughly enjoyed it, even with the last crazy team combinations.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    iPulzzz wrote:
    I think it ia the lack of variety regarding enemies.. Dark avenger, goons, dark avengers, goon, dark avengers again.. It is boring as hell.. Simulator was long but i thoroughly enjoyed it, even with the last crazy team combinations.. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I still want a PvE chapter with the players running the Dark Avengers.
  • Moral wrote:
    iPulzzz wrote:
    I think it ia the lack of variety regarding enemies.. Dark avenger, goons, dark avengers, goon, dark avengers again.. It is boring as hell.. Simulator was long but i thoroughly enjoyed it, even with the last crazy team combinations.. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I still want a PvE chapter with the players running the Dark Avengers.
    And of course Simulator had those huge Iso-8 rewards. Simulator could be an event where we use Dark Avengers but I'd rather have a completely new event. I don't know others but I get bored quickly. This is the second time I'm playing The Hunt and I'm already bored of it. First time I didn't have enough levels in powered up characters and I hadn't even seen the Savage Land sub because crazy scaling locked me out of completing the main event nodes to unlock Savage sub. I'm glad I've seen the storyline this time though. It was great icon_lol.gif
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I think some people are their own worst enemy in these events. They jump into subs right away, try to get all the 4/4 rewards they can, hit all the point refreshes, drive up their level scaling in the process and then try to finish top 1-5 in each one.

I'm doing that and still burnt out on this PVE. At the minimum, they need to change up some of the characters, I know its tough with the limited DA roster but fighting Daken for the 1000th time gets old.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    I know its tough with the limited DA roster but fighting Daken for the 1000th time gets old.
    ... and painful! icon_eek.gif

When I started playing MPQ 3-4 months ago, there was some weeks without PvE and the community was asking for more content. As it was said in this thread, long PvE events was probably an easy solution to always have a PvE running.

With the new tournament season and especially with monthly shield simulator there will be always some content running. So maybe the devs will have more room to create new PvE content at at reasonable pace without worrying to fill the event tab?

Moreover, I like the idea, already suggested in some threads, that old PvE events become progressively a part of the prologue tab. No more progression reward nor competitive ranking but a way to play solo sometimes, re-reading the story and grinding some iso.