What could they be working on?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
Isn't it a pattern that some new feature / implementation follows a 7 day event?
You think they're cooking something up for us? What could it be?

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, it's about time for a new-character release too, and I've heard/seen absolutely nothing. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thread moving to speculation in 3...2...1...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'd be hoping they're working on implementing CL based fixed levels ASAP.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

For the love of all that is holy please institute this permanently or at least test it again ASAP. No more 104k Juggs while I watch 3* rosters fly through this tinykitty.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, we're due a release event after this one, which probably means a Marvel.com article announcing the new character is due Tuesday (tomorrow).

If 7-day events mean something "new" is coming, I would guess some Spidey-related event (new PVE, Boss, special events like the Guardians events, maybe a special vault, something). I honestly wouldn't expect something until closer to the movie release, but they could easily do a month's worth of stuff building UP to the movie release.

If we're lucky, it'll be announced with the character release article, and will run NEXT weekend (starting on the 22nd). If we're unlucky, it'll BE the release event, and we'll get to figure out a new event while slugging it out for placement for a new character (Venom Bomb all over again). Back to the idea of a "month's worth of stuff", doing something new on the 22nd would let them run it a second time alongside the movie's release.

I doubt it'll be SCL based scaling, not quite yet. Turnaround from test to implementation usually isn't that fast. They like to spend a LOT of time pouring through the numbers. 
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Wait, that wasn't permanent?? 
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Didn't they say something about the "Summer of Spiderman" within the last couple of weeks. I'm thinking several character releases related to the Spiderman story line which would have started with the latest Doc Oc and hopefully Sandman tomorrow based on clue speculation.

I really want to see Vulture before the run is over.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    @keitterman
    The Unstable Iso-8 event was the first test event for SCL-Tied Scaling. The next test event will be the upcoming Thick as Thieves event. I will post in the forum if I receive any new information regarding the second test event.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Know what the worst thing is? Normally when someone starts a "I think something's up..." topic, Brigby will come in and say something amusing about "Well yeah but...they'd lock me in the basement again if I let slip what it was" or something like that. A sly wink that yes something is going on, and no they're not going to tell us yet.

We haven't see that in this topic...leading me to conclude that no...nothing interesting is going on =(
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Know what the worst thing is? Normally when someone starts a "I think something's up..." topic, Brigby will come in and say something amusing about "Well yeah but...they'd lock me in the basement again if I let slip what it was" or something like that. A sly wink that yes something is going on, and no they're not going to tell us yet.

We haven't see that in this topic...leading me to conclude that no...nothing interesting is going on =(
    What's going on is finalizing new character release, new update (cause we know those are up to wire/not even finished) and changes to SCL based scaling test.  I sure hope they aren't working on more than this because they've proven just the first 2 items are normally too much for them to do with polish.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Killians8 said:
    Didn't they say something about the "Summer of Spiderman" within the last couple of weeks. I'm thinking several character releases related to the Spiderman story line which would have started with the latest Doc Oc and hopefully Sandman tomorrow based on clue speculation.

I really want to see Vulture before the run is over.
    Quotes directly from the start of the Doc Ock release article.
    Looking to spice up your “Marvel Puzzle Quest” roster with some classic Spider-Man villains
    I am sensing it may be a big summer for Spider-Man and company. So why not a well-known villain like Doctor Octopus to start it off with a fun nod to his classic bowl cut look?

Emphasis mine. Definitely sounds like we're due a couple more Spidey villains, and based on the clues and movie coming soon, Sandman/Vulture seem likely at the very least, if not more. (and with them and Doc Ock, that's half the original Sinister Six lineup, so maybe we'll get lucky in that regard?)

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great to see the new SCL-based scaling returning! I'm hoping it's similar to last time! Don't go too tough on us old-timers in SCL 8!!!
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    I also think that Sandman and Vulture will be next. I suspect that another 5* Spidey variant will follow. But since we're into wild speculation here, you know what I think would be really cool (but is never gonna happen)? If they released all of the original Sinister Six, culminating with a 7-day PvE in which you fought one of them each day for six-days, followed by a day seven that ended with a wave node in which you fought all six at once. Complete with a snappy new story line, of course (and heck, since I'm dreaming here, let's just toss in double-ISO to boot).
    I wouldn't mind a bunch of 3, 4, and 5 start villains that are AI only, not usable by players. 
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hope they make some features, that will bring something fresh and new to the game. New characters and events are good, but it feels like old candy in the new cover. Pve and pvp grind over and over. Me personally, want at least some 3rd option.
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When will scl9 and 10 be out?
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Bowgentle said:
    @keitterman
    The Unstable Iso-8 event was the first test event for SCL-Tied Scaling. The next test event will be the upcoming Thick as Thieves event. I will post in the forum if I receive any new information regarding the second test event.
    @Brigby
    Please don't let Thick as Thieves be a new cover event if this is so. You can't expect players to compete for a new cover while dealing with a test environment. We are not beta testers, we are players.
  • tep574
    tep574 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Unfortunately, it looks like it is.  News on Marvel is up and Sandman is the prize for the Thick as Thieves event.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Arphaxad said:
    Brigby said:
    Bowgentle said:
    @keitterman
    @Brigby
    Please don't let Thick as Thieves be a new cover event if this is so. You can't expect players to compete for a new cover while dealing with a test environment. We are not beta testers, we are players.
    The capped scaling might actually end up being a benefit in this one. The CP node of the last sub is just Mags and Hood, so that allows scaling to jump way beyond its usual parameters for whatever your level is. For me, they scale wayyy past 400, so having a cutoff there should be nice.