What 3 characters do you never use that you rostered?

Options
2»

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have 12 covers on Venom (Eddie) but I only take him out when he's a required character. He stinks.

3*, I never want to use Vision, Colossus, Gamora, or Psylocke. You guys are sleeping on Hood, his passive is amazing at 5 covers.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I agree Hood is useful - there is a reason I would always target him first if he is on the enemy team

Ragnarok has found some uses teaming with KK & Quicksilver

My 'never use' 3 would be Colossus, Psylocke and Doc Ock

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hood is one of those characters where I just intensely dislike the character in the comics, and can't bring myself to get over that to properly cover him. I've got him at like 2/0/2, and I guess he'll gradually rise as DDQ and PVE essentials cycle through, but I'm sure not going to be putting any effort into him.

Psylocke is the exact opposite. I like the character enough that I use her when I can afford the dead weight on my team, like for easy Nodes when I'm not bothering with speed.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Psylocke is the exact opposite. I like the character enough that I use her when I can afford the dead weight on my team, like for easy Nodes when I'm not bothering with speed.
    I love Psylocke for her cheap powers, pair her with KK and get 498 health every 6 black AP.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I love Psylocke for her cheap powers, pair her with KK and get 498 health every 6 black AP.
    If I'm in a situation where I need something like that, I usually want Daken or Wasp or someone else who's got good qualities beyond just triggering BotB frequently.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven't invested the time to roster the 3's that will eventually be useless, not there in the game yet, but I have champed Patch and I never use him.  I hate that me makes tiles against me.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I haven't invested the time to roster the 3's that will eventually be useless, not there in the game yet, but I have champed Patch and I never use him.  I hate that me makes tiles against me.
    The secret to Patch is to put him with Loki.  Make sure you get Loki's 11 black AP and then fire Patches Red and Green abilities.  Use Loki black to turn all those enemy tiles into protect tiles and you just won the match.  I love this combo when Patch is boosted!  Not nearly as great if Loki is boosted lol.  Try to tank someone for Loki as well.  Iron Fist or Blade might do the job (can't remember Loki strongest color atm).  Patch tanks for his green though I believe (don't hold me to that!) Nice part of it too is Loki's passive which usually fires since the AI always matches 4 regardless if available.  I usually let the match 4's go when using Loki so that the AI matches them and I can then get a decent amount of stolen AP from them.

Patch is also a nice compliment to Thanos with his Court Death passive due to Patch's guaranteed quick healing in match and out of matches. I would put his yellow power at 5 for healing every turn and move his red down to 3 myself, that is how I like using him.  I would also review some of your cover distributions on your champed 3* Jones as some of them could be more efficiently adjusted taking just a quick look at your roster (assuming your roster tracker shows your current covers accurately of course).
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Medusa also pairs really well with Patch. She can potentially steal those enemy tiles back, or at least get you some AP when you match them away.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've championed every 2, 3 and most 4 star characters. The ones that have zero utility to me and I've never once outside of essentials are:
    Spider-Man 3* - No attack abilities, weak stun, protect tiles that only create when YOU match purple?
    Agent Venom - Hurts your own team, random abilities, and yellow is silly
    Gwenpool - I'm not keeping a handbook next to my phone to look up what Gwen's abilities do outside of game

None of them bring anything to the table that another character doesn't do better, and their abilities are either stupid, weak, cost far too much, or their health is too low to be useful.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the advise, I don't have Loki rostered yet and Medusa is only at 1/0/2.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the OP's question could be made clearer because, with Essential nodes and PVP events requiring the use of specific characters, there is practically no character that we never ever use. Besides, nearly all 4* characters will see some use when they are boosted. They are that good. But if the question is about the championed characters that will never see use outside their essential nodes/events, even when boosted, there are several that might qualify:

• Ragnarok: self damage? Big no no. Sentry qualifies here also, but I have had uses for him as reliable strike tile generator when he's boosted--back when I was still squarely in 3* land. 
    • Loki: no use against goon, and both PVE and PVP require characters that can dish reliable damage. Loki is just not very useful.
    • Spidey (classic): no damage dealing ability. Big no no anywhere. In Sims, I target teams with Spidey, they are sitting ducks.
    • Punisher (Dark Reign): fierce animation with abysmal damage. Painful to watch, painful to play with. 
    I would like to add another character here, but I haven't championed him yet. I've seen how bad his performance and even if I eventually get him championed, I would not use him anywhere other than in his essentials. He is Venom (Eddie Brock). C'mon. Even at max and boosted, he is simply not good.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe it was about a month ago that Spider-Woman and Patch were the required four and three star characters for a PvE. They paired together pretty well. Just get enough to fire Jessica's purple right after Logan's green and you can remove the strike tiles he gives the enemy team. 

I believe I ran them with Wasp for full rainbow coverage. If you also manage to get 10 yellow before firing green and purple, you can flip the strikes to shields and back to strikes, buffing them each time for some monster damage. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Astralgazer I'm almost positive that Ragnarok's Godlike Power doesn't cause self-damage any longer. I think it was fixed when Thanos's Court Death was. It does still damage his teammates, but then so does Court Death and everyone loves it.

Not that I love Godlike Power, although a random team-up did win an otherwise unwinnable match for me once. And Rags was my third ever 3* champ.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I believe it was about a month ago that Spider-Woman and Patch were the required four and three star characters for a PvE. They paired together pretty well. Just get enough to fire Jessica's purple right after Logan's green and you can remove the strike tiles he gives the enemy team. 

I believe I ran them with Wasp for full rainbow coverage. If you also manage to get 10 yellow before firing green and purple, you can flip the strikes to shields and back to strikes, buffing them each time for some monster damage. 
    I ran it the other way - fired her black and let the hits bounce off.  I love her purple too much as an offensive weapon.
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think one of the big reasons a lot of people are giving flack to Hood is if he's working you don't notice it. Because so much of this game is how quickly you can clear nodes no one is really keeping track of team AP turn to turn beyond a quick eyeball or the occasional checks to make sure the opposition isn't close to firing their nuke. Hood really slows down and, with a good keep-away game even stop, opponent's from firing off their powers. Like someone else already pointed out Hood Peggy is almost guaranteed to keep powers from going off for a long time.

Though admittedly he's not the top-tier contender he used to be. The meta is getting more and more passive power characters, so manipulating AP only goes so far. Medusa straight up doesn't care if she never has AP, and while is keeps Bl4de's Bloodlust from triggering it doesn't stop his Hunger. Plus he's so squishy that even boosted his HP is laughable, and for some reason he has crazy high yellow damage so its hard to tank for him. Keep him alive and he's a nightmare for AP hungry characters like any Thor, Hulkbuster, and Iceman, but not that big of a problem for auto-characters like Carnage and Medusa.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Psylocke with Kamala and IM40 was a team I used a lot in PVE to get through more difficult stuff while still relying on 3*. I remember going going against Juggernaut missions with everyone at half health or worse and ending with everyone full of temporary health. It was glorious.
    Way to many mentions of Hood being unused. Sometimes I like to pair him with She Hulk and Blade and smirk at the enemy's complete inability to fire a power. I fought such a team once to in Simulator. I lost, having never been able to fire a power.
    For those I don't use: Ragnarok (special mention, his PVP with Iceman boosted was fun), Sentry, Vision (the need to be the strongest matcher severely undercuts his value, but it does mean you don't usually want to leave him as your last target). Among 4 stars, I often don't use Nick Fury. Demolition may be amazing, but my experience with him required is that he dies before making significant impact. I also tend not to use Flaptain. Aerial Avenger seems like a nerf from Inspiration. A lot of the other Legendaries, I don't dislike, but I favor character that I know are effective, especially against the passive power meta in PVP.