What 3 characters do you never use that you rostered?

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
Some characters were just made bad and need a boost. 3 star and above only please. 

1. Ragnarok
2. Beast
3. Riri williams 

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sentry, psylocke, Colossus, vision, there might be a lot more 3*.
    I will not talk about the unchamped 4* in my roster, but from the ones I have champed, only Mordo. I just can't find a good use for him.

In the 3* tier there are a lot of characters that I have never found any use for or don't like to play with. As I am typing few more pop into mind. Spiderman, hood. Many more might follow
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Loads of 3s I've never used except as required/essential (I went through the tier quickly, from 2s to 4s in only about four months last year so many never got properly tested)

4s - mordo is about it.  I'll use my depth happily.   When I did my sim climb to 2k yesterday I used 11 diff chars on the last 300 points.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Leaving aside those I don't use because I don't have them well-covered, a lot of mine are weird. I've found IM40 totally useless, for instance. Every time I try him, there's a cascade or something that wipes two of the Recharge tiles before they can go off. I see a lot of people talking up Torch, but I've never found him to be particularly effective. I eventually just gave up on trying to make either of them work. 3* Captain Marvel just never clicked for me. Which feels odd, because I really like her 2* and 4* versions. I also see a lot of love for OBW, but I've never had any real success with her.

There are a couple of expected ones, too. 2* Cap and 3* Spidey are only on my Roster for Required Nodes (and Farming for Cap).

The weird one the other way is Ragnarok. I only picked him up because he feeds X-23, but I use him all the time, because he has like a billion health (especially when boosted, including many Lightning Round weeks), so he's a good chump to run with Thanos.
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @TPF: I find I40 isn't the best when dealing with other 3*s, but he's top tier when it comes to the 3*-4* transition. Before vaulting he was an auto-include on every roster since he feeds Lady Thor, Peggy, and Iceman so amazingly well, to the point where if you can keep those CDs alive you basically win that match. Though now that vaulting is a thing less and less people have those 4*s and characters like Medusa and Blade with their auto abilities are becoming the big thing.

As to the theme of this thread: Psylock, Colossus, and She-Hulk are the ones that come to mind for me. Psy just doesn't do anything amazing. She'd be playable if her red triggered off of any of your red attack tiles, but it only counts hers, so no real synergy with Blade or Daken. As for Colossus and Shulk, they're character's that slow things down when 3*s are all about moving fast.

Though to be honest I'm so deep into 4* land that 3*s are just a farm for me now. They're all champed and only come out when they're needed. That said I'm glad I kept them for champ rewards, since now they're all getting high enough that there's a huge enough difference in PVP.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zyrook said:
    @TPF: I find I40 isn't the best when dealing with other 3*s, but he's top tier when it comes to the 3*-4* transition. Before vaulting he was an auto-include on every roster since he feeds Lady Thor, Peggy, and Iceman so amazingly well, to the point where if you can keep those CDs alive you basically win that match. Though now that vaulting is a thing less and less people have those 4*s and characters like Medusa and Blade with their auto abilities are becoming the big thing.
    I think part of it is that I started recently enough that the new-style 4*s are what I think of as normal. When I'm running Medusa and Wasp all the time, I really don't need IM40.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Psylocke, Colossus, Gamora (even boosted her damage output is ****), Spider-Man, Dr Oct. 

4* Agent Venom, kind of regret dumping ISO on him to champ him but I had 2 covers in queue and at the time thought it was a good, using that term really loosely, idea. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm on the 4* tier, so I don't really use any 3* outside Thanos and AP generators.  Don't use 5* except OML to save health packs in PvE, but I don't use him in PvP.  I also don't use any non-champed 4, unless it's in Balance of Power or they're boosted in PvE.

Of my "viable" pool - ie the 25 champed 4*, the ones I don't use are
    Nick Fury - Not enough punch to compete, Assemble takes too much work for too little effect
    Elektra - Better since her revamp, but Spiderwoman fills a similar niche and does it better.
    Ghost Rider - only use him on bosses.  His red and green are both really weak, and black requires your team get beaten up pretty bad to do anything of consequence.

Dishonorable mention to Punmax and Agent Venom.  They never seem to do much for me other than die quietly, but I do mix them into my simulator runs.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    3* Spiderman for sure I never use unless required (even when boosted) since he deals no damage and his health restore is a joke, the passive defense tile is ok  and his blue stun is meh but when that is the best you can say about a character

Looking at champed and/or covered 3* and 4*, I will use every other character depending on the situation.  I will even use terrible characters like Ragnarok or Sentry on somewhat easier nodes just to vary game play and to save a small amount of damage on better characters for the grind.  The only character that I won't use unless required, is 3* Spidey as described above. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In 4* land here so my 3s really only get dusted off during their pvp event. My least favorite are psylocke, Ragnarok, and sentry
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ragnarok, Psylocke, Vision, and Spid3rman all spring to mind pretty quickly.  A few people mentioned Colossus and Beast, I don't use them much anymore, but they were among my first 3* champs so they had their day in the sun.  The 4 I listed here I don't think I've ever used outside of dat required character, their PvE required node, their PvP events, and Behemoth Burrito.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3*
    I never ever use Psylocke or Colussus.
    people have mentioned Beast, but he can be very useful with his blue and green used correctly.

4*
    I used to hate on Riri.  Not anymore.  Her red is devestating, and can 1 shot many characters when boosted.  Her green is great too.  Her health is laughably low for an iron-person.

I used to hate Agent Venom.  I now use him every day for easy nodes and DDQ, with Thanos.  Get 5 black.  Fire military might.  Everyone else dies from Court Death.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For 3* it is much simpler to list the 6 I actually use. Im40, switch, fist, strange, thanos, patch.

The other 38 are useless.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Psylocke, Sentry, Hood. I have never used any of them unless they were essential/featured.

Honourable mentions for 3* Punisher, Doc Ock, Beast and Gamora.

I have a bunch of 4*s that I've only ever used for BB because they only have one or two covers, and I only ever use my 5*s to soak up 3* Thanos damage. I don't think my 5* Strange (2 blue covers) and my 5* Thanos (4 purple covers) have ever seen play.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hadronic said:
    For 3* it is much simpler to list the 6 I actually use. Im40, switch, fist, strange, thanos, patch.

Cyclops in 3 star land does 2 nice nukes when champed and can self feed one of them. Not useless!
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hadronic said:

Cyclops in 3 star land does 2 nice nukes when champed and can self feed one of them. Not useless!
    He is useless to me. Everything he can do hulkbuster does better.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I generally use a bunch of different line ups. I don't use characters if they are boring more than them being just bad. Especially against lower level teams, low damage doesn't hinder you that much. Mordo is one of my favorites to play.

3*                                                   
    Mystique-  decent character, but not useful against goon nodes. The self ap drain is enough to stop me from using her                                
    Spiderman- terrible, and his blue is overrated                                    
    Deadpool- decent character, but not very fun. Black passive is useless                                 
    Hulk- red is terrible                                               
    Captain Marvel- too weak
    Colossus- too slow
    Hood-doesn't do anything

4*
    Captain Falcon- his tile buff and countdown speeding has been eclipsed by Coulson and Carol
    Hulkbuster- self damage, and 9 red isn't all that strong
    Fury- blue is good, but not great against goons. Yellow too expensive
    Venom- terrible
    Thing- too slow and too little damage
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Straycat said:

3*                                                                           
    Deadpool- decent character, but not very fun. Black passive is useless                                 

You should be...  Deadpool's whales whales whales is a phenomenal 1 hit kill/team kill, even for bosses.  I use him once per day with dat required character just to store up the points for a rainy day (never actually have him do anything in the battle).
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I sort of have to use all of them because eventually they'll be required for something. There's a group (of more than 3, sorry!) that I only use in these instances. They are, in no particular order:
    Vision
    Beast
    Mystique
    Doc Ock
    Gamora
    Hood
    She-Hulk

I'd really like to see a better version of Beast in game (out of the people on this list).

• Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sentry is the worst 3* by far imo....I also think Rags and Spidey are terrible.....for 4*s Mordo and Agent Venom aren't really my style....and I can't stand Carnage but I know he is a beast....
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Surprised by all of the Hood hate since he used to be the best AP manipulator in the game, now second after Peggy.  From a PvP perspective he wouldn't be good since his health is just too low.  However I use Hood if I can get other to tank for him in PvE often.  Putting him with Peggy in PvE would make it extremely difficult for enemy team to fire powers with Peggy's AP cost increase and Hood stealing AP left and right.  Hood's big weakness of course is his limited health, but if you can tank for him otherwise, he is really good at stealing wads of AP over a match. This is two fold, you get AP to fuel your own powers and prevent AP for the enemy to fire theirs.  Working on my Peggy at the moment for this combo!  

Also, I used to think Beast was terrible too, but after using him for a long time now, his blue is really good for cheap AP and his green can do really good damage.  His yellow is bad but most character usually do have one power that is less useful.  Only top tier characters usually have 3 really good powers.

Sentry can do decent damage with all of his powers but people hate the self/team damage aspect.  He isn't that bad when used sparingly but he isn't quick. He really is better for the AI since they don't care about team damage and he can put out a respectable amount of damage.  Not saying Sentry is good (as he is certainly bottom tier 3*) and I can see where people wouldn't use him as he might be one of the 3 worst 3* characters in the game.  I think he far more useful than 3* Spidey for example (who I consider the worst 3* character in the game hands down).  Thanos deals a ton of team damage but people like him because he makes matches end quick even though he has a team damage aspect. Same with Carnage, ton of team damage but some people like him and others despise him due to time and team damage issues.

My list for most unused (all 3* btw since I am not counting undercovered 4*) is:

3* Spidey (no damage ability or really other usefulness either-definition of complete junk)
    Colossus (his red is ok but yellow and black are bad abilities)
    Mystique (perhaps its just she doesn't do anything very well? not sure why I don't use her)

I am a 3*/4* transitioner with 5 champed 4* so I use both 3* and 4* fairly frequent and there are some great combos when combining both tiers.  I only play PvE though so my character views are for PvE only.