One-sided battles and unfair "bad luck"

Options
Caeman
Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
I just picked up the new Gideon for the event. I didn't have the runes to get him to 60. Who am I matched up against? Level 60 planeswalkers.
It's bad enough to get slaughtered by decks that have had an overwhelming number of Mythics while I've suffered through a six month freaking drought of dupe rares and recently getting a "premium" pack with NO rares or Mythics (NO ONES luck should be that bad!); pitting a level 10 against ANY level 60 is an exercise of futility and makes events the opposite of fun.
How about taking a huge back step in your game "advancements:" get rid of these boneheaded packs and bring back the Fat packs and Big boxes; get the matches evened to a max difference of five levels; get the rewards back to a decent amount of mana crystals. I liked the game, and I did pay for some content, but the game is fast approaching "not worth the time, let alone worth the money." 

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The same for me with my new Gideon. :(
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Its not unfair, you can buy runes by buying crystals, then buying packs where you have most chance to get dupes, convert dupes into runes, lvl up your PW
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    A game should make you feel like your having fun and getting the cards you want. This game doesn't do that. The developers haven't grasped the idea of what fun is to the players yet. Give them another 2 years and come back maybe they will learn some lessons but I doubt it because people continue to spend money on the game. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can definitely understand the sentiment of this post because losing sucks. Being out gunned by your opponent sucks really bad. Nobody wants to play a lopsided game. 

Unfortunately, mythics are a fact of life in this game. A lot of the mythics floating around were hard earned. They're also the best cards in the game. Just like in paper magic, you have to account for them in deck building. We don't need the ai to be any easier. It's already a complete nonce. Just in this recent terrors, I played 3 matches where the ai killed itself. 

I do agree that something is weird about the rng in relation to the packs. I have 15 individual rares from akh, and I have dupes of 10 of them. I have playsets of 2 of the 10. I'm still missing 10, but I had 3 dupes within my first 3 premium packs. I also already have a dupe mythic, which is about the worst feeling ever considering I only have 3. Between the terrible drop rates and the insane amount of dupe rares, I'm already hoarding my packs. The crafting system should help, but I'm really scared what the exchange rate will be. 

I like this game. Even with it's shortcomings. I fought hard to get to the point that my decks can handle the insanity of all the mythics and hundred mana cascades from the ai. Now I'm afraid we're going to lose too many players to be challenging at the competitive level. I don't know that there's a way to make everyone happy, but there has to be a way to make more people happy. Even little things like the 1 card rare/mythic packs and the 200 jewel random mythics would help exponentially. 
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The only way you can win mythics is by having mythics.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Caeman said:
    I just picked up the new Gideon for the event. I didn't have the runes to get him to 60. Who am I matched up against? Level 60 planeswalkers.
    It's bad enough to get slaughtered by decks that have had an overwhelming number of Mythics while I've suffered through a six month freaking drought of dupe rares and recently getting a "premium" pack with NO rares or Mythics (NO ONES luck should be that bad!); pitting a level 10 against ANY level 60 is an exercise of futility and makes events the opposite of fun.
    How about taking a huge back step in your game "advancements:" get rid of these boneheaded packs and bring back the Fat packs and Big boxes; get the matches evened to a max difference of five levels; get the rewards back to a decent amount of mana crystals. I liked the game, and I did pay for some content, but the game is fast approaching "not worth the time, let alone worth the money." 
    If you got a premium pack (the 300 yellow mana crystal one), you should be guaranteed a rare after the 5 packs are opened (thought it may be a dupe). If that didn't happen then file a support ticket and try to get them to fix it.

Regarding the matching against lv60s, it tends to use the last match you played for your next opponent, so if you play on a 60 then try to play on a lower one it might pair you on a 60. I posted how I get around this issue here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/691592/#Comment_691592
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gideon said:
    The only way you can win mythics is by having mythics.

not true. I got first in my Trials of Strength event with 2 out of 3 zero mythic decks. The only mythic card I used was Baral. Because he is AWESOME.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't you just prove his point?... A point I don't 100% agree with, but still.