Matchmaking still broken in EO?

Options
Delnai
Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
I feel like my opponents in Emergency Ordinances are being chosen based on the level of the previous match played, rather than the planeswalker currently being used, leading to wildly mismatched levels of PW. I remember this happening when 2.0 rolled out (or maybe it was 2.1?), but didn't realize it hadn't been resolved since I usually just use level 60 PWs. Has this issue been around ever since 2.0 or was it fixed and is it reappearing just now?

Comments

• Modest_Supreme
    Modest_Supreme Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is what I have noticed as well all through 2.1.  It is terrible if you have some lower level planeswalkers on a couple nodes along with level 60 ones.  
  • Modest_Supreme
    Options
    This seems to be fixed as of today or last night.  Haven't run into a power gap for a couple of events now.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ewvyx said:
    This seems to be fixed as of today or last night.  Haven't run into a power gap for a couple of events now.

It happened to me in Trial of Ambition yesterday, my level 32 Ob got paired with a level 60 Saheeli, and following that my level 60 Kiora fought a level 40 Gideon.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They apparently match against the last deck you used.  If you go back and forth you get mismatched 
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yep. Like @ewvyx, I thought it had been fixed, but it seems not.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hasn't been addressed yet, but I've got a workaround I use. In something like Ambition with multiple nodes I'll assign all my pw first, then pick one and do a match. After that match is over if you go back into the same node again it will pick an appropriate match for that node and keep that opponent even if you go do another node with a big level difference. Just always go back into the node after your match to get the next one assigned. This means that you have to keep 1 charge minimum on each node until you're done with the event because you can't go in the node w/o a charge. I'm not sure how this works if you were to get your next match assigned and then change your pw, though.
  • Modest_Supreme
    Options
    julianus said:
    Yep. Like @ewvyx, I thought it had been fixed, but it seems not.
    Ya still not fixed, my bad.