4* PvP option

13»

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs recently tried Super Lightning Rounds with 4* Carol featured, with negative feedback. Most players complained about her high health (and poorer rewards). Granted it was because LR were no longer fast but the point is, having 3 boosted 4*s could be a major time drag.

With that said, of course the rewards should be better for the time invested compared to 1-shotting most featured 3* with a boosted 4* champ. Not saying a 4* PvP wouldn't work but it definitely would not be implemented properly (like mostly everything else).
    High level boosted 3* have comparable health to a boosted 4*, so no I don't agree with your major time drag comment..... IE in teenage riot my MrF has 28439 @369, C4ge 31786 @369, and KK 24755@351. Really not that far off, less than 4k different from MrF and I've seen her at 380+ with around 30k+ health
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    bbigler said:
    But veterans will have an advantage over newer players?  Well, good.  Veterans should have some kind of advantage for playing years longer than another player.  Note: vaulting has taken away some of the veteran's advantages in this game. 
    For how long? When would veterans feel secure enough to no longer demand a competetive advantage over anyone who didn't join on day one?

Yes, that's phrased provocatively, but even veterans need a healthy player count, and insisting that new players carry around ball and chain for the first few years doesn't help.
    As far as I can tell, a lot of veterans are moving into 5* land, therefore, getting an advantage over most players anyway.  I wonder how long it would take a new player to champ a 5*?  A year?  2 years?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I normally use two championed 5*s these days, it would be great to have a 4* as the featured node instead of a 3*.

A 4* PVP would be harder but hopefully provide better prizes.

It will be tough though because some people have very highly leveled 4*s, such as level 320 and above. Those will be very mean if for instance it's a really good 4*, such as Rhulk, HB or JG. They would do lots of damage when boosted. Yiikes!! Maybe there should be a limit on how much the featured 4* can scale... ?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs recently tried Super Lightning Rounds with 4* Carol featured, with negative feedback. Most players complained about her high health (and poorer rewards). Granted it was because LR were no longer fast but the point is, having 3 boosted 4*s could be a major time drag.

With that said, of course the rewards should be better for the time invested compared to 1-shotting most featured 3* with a boosted 4* champ. Not saying a 4* PvP wouldn't work but it definitely would not be implemented properly (like mostly everything else).
    I think the main problem with the SLR with C4rol was that the scoring was done in an old school manner so that you received very few points for each match and thus very small rewards. Also few of us had well-covered C4rols at the time, so it was hard to do much.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    Starfury said:
    bbigler said:
    But veterans will have an advantage over newer players?  Well, good.  Veterans should have some kind of advantage for playing years longer than another player.  Note: vaulting has taken away some of the veteran's advantages in this game. 
    For how long? When would veterans feel secure enough to no longer demand a competetive advantage over anyone who didn't join on day one?

Yes, that's phrased provocatively, but even veterans need a healthy player count, and insisting that new players carry around ball and chain for the first few years doesn't help.
    As far as I can tell, a lot of veterans are moving into 5* land, therefore, getting an advantage over most players anyway.  I wonder how long it would take a new player to champ a 5*?  A year?  2 years?
    Hard to tell, really. I've (re-)started 760 days ago, played pretty regularly, and I could probably get a couple of 5* champs if I continue to hoard until the end of summer.

Someone who starts today? Depends completely on how the game develops.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler said:
    Starfury said:
    bbigler said:

I'm not sure I'd call myself a veteran, but I'm 830 days in and I recently champed my first 5 :star: 
    You know what happen? PvP just didn't matter as much anymore. With my one champed 5 :star: I'm now consistently fighting people with two or all 5 :star: champed. Just now getting to 700 in PvP I realized I used to care about getting to 900+ in PvP. Now its just not worth the time. Shrug. 

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    furthermore, more rewards aren't going to improve my game. 800 days of playing the same cycle of 3 :star: PvP. Its just redundant. I don't really understand why people want more gameplay or more rewards. I certainly don't want two PvPs to play at the same time. Another 30 minutes to two hours of game play a day added? no thank you. 

More rewards don't make a difference to me. Sure I'll take anymore ISO you want to give away, but really ultimately I'm not racing for greater rewards. Well not as much as I am looking for greater variety. 

I just want a different option of gameplay. A different set of characters to play with. A reason to ever try to use and figured out why 4 :star: Venom matters to me. Choices > Rewards 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    GurlBYE said:
    We've tried. Alot of us have tried. This forum was *alot* different long ago. Lemme see in game says I'm on day 1230.

The forum two years ago there seemed (true we always are more fond of the past) to be more tolerance of how the game worked and we all had difficulties. However, there weren't constant "Open letter to the devs" & "I've got the solution to MPQ because I'm a part time game designer".

I remember when my roster was growing getting horribly beat down in PvP.  My roster developed over time and PvP became easier.  We also had 2.5 hour pve refreshes that we had to set alarms for. 

It's not lost on us vets that it's harder to develop a roster now because of the number of characters and more players.

But...this constant whining that is just so prevalent brings out the sarcasm. Many here seem the game should just flow participation trophies. Many think a kick butt roster should be developed in 60 days with zero $$. It's​ not how this game works. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a mobile free to play game that doesn't have pay and or time issues to progress. 

Anyway, ramble mode over.
    The "whining" is people bringing awareness to problems that didn't exist in the games ecosystem before.

There have ALWAYS been posts about making the game better and a good chunk of changes can be traced back to some "whining" you've just become jaded and started treating the game like a job and don't think anything can get better.

And that's fine.

My advice if everyone's opinions that don't match yours become whining and you don't want any changes to game?
    Stop posting and reading the forums besides news updates.

It's way easier to solve your problem then the problems in game. 
    So since my opinion doesn't match yours that MPQ is in dire straits I should stick to news updates. What happened to the "different opinions" thing? Lol.

Not sure what you think I'm jaded on? The forum, yea a bit since most of the intelligent posters have moved to Line.

MPQ, not jaded. I've learned to set my perspectives. I'm never getting T1 in PvP. T25/T50 and 1300 on a single 3hr shield playing hour and a half once every two days while spending $0..yea I'll take it. Fun time waster.

DDQ single matches throughout the day, cool!

Hardly playing pve until they put that new SCL based levels in. Fine by me. 

I have no issues with MPQ. I have a realistic perspective on what MPQ is and what I can get out of it.
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    They should make a brand new 2 essential characters pvp. One 3 star and 1 4 star boosted. This way new players can still play 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Starfury said:
    bbigler said:

Day 456 here and my highest 5* is 4/4/0 BP.  Since I'm not gonna be getting him before he goes to classic it's likely gonna be at least another 3-6 months before I get my first to 13 (and I play relatively aggressively).  So I'd say it's at least 1.5 and proably goes into the 3 year range the further on the casual side someone is.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    bbigler said:
    Starfury said:
    bbigler said:

Day 456 here and my highest 5* is 4/4/0 BP.  Since I'm not gonna be getting him before he goes to classic it's likely gonna be at least another 3-6 months before I get my first to 13 (and I play relatively aggressively).  So I'd say it's at least 1.5 and proably goes into the 3 year range the further on the casual side someone is.
    I think a bigger predictor would be how quickly someone found the forum, and was able to recognize the importance of hoarding latest LTs for transitioning to the 5* tier.  Someone starting today probably won't ever champ more than one classic 5* as a BH, and IMO getting to a spot where you can earn LTs at a fast enough pace to keep up with the release rate requires a couple good 5* champs in the first place which would require an initial Latest hoard.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can imagine a future where the required character in a PVP round is dependent on what SCL you choose.

Of course that only works if characters within a PVP SCL only face others of the same SCL (and I have no idea why this doesn't already happen)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    bbigler said:
    Starfury said:
    bbigler said:

I think a bigger predictor would be how quickly someone found the forum, and was able to recognize the importance of hoarding latest LTs for transitioning to the 5* tier.  Someone starting today probably won't ever champ more than one classic 5* as a BH, and IMO getting to a spot where you can earn LTs at a fast enough pace to keep up with the release rate requires a couple good 5* champs in the first place which would require an initial Latest hoard.
    I was on the forums by month 3 or so.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    still going to give 3* as prizes and 4* as top prizes so i would stick with pvp like is now.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one thing they did i thought was cool was the 4* cap marvel based lightning rounds. why don't they have those more often for other characters?