Silly things the AI does during the match

2»

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    CubRob said:
    Borstock said:
    I always find it bizarre when the AI makes a match that doesn't help them build for one of their powers, even when such a match is available to them. I realize it's probably just because the match damage is higher on some sort of passive or something, but it's especially aggravating when the match they do take is one I needed. It's moments like that when the AI is so dumb that it's actually smart.
    The AI will always make a match 4 if available, regardless of the color.  There was a nice write up that one of the devs did to explain the AI logic awhile ago, but I cannot seem to find the link :(

edit: found it - http://www.demiurgestudios.com/engineering/a-worthy-opponent/
    I wasn't talking about a 4 though. I understand the AI and why it is programmed this way. I just find it funny when the AI does something so thoroughly stupid that it ends up actually being a good move.
  • ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    This happens all the time:

The AI realizes at the outset of the match that it's woefully outclassed and just ragequits the whole game for you.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards

Also, using Hawkguy's No Good News when he's at full health.
    This will probably happen a lot in the Hawkguy PVP... OML collects over 9 black. Then instead of creating 4 deadly strikes, Hawkguy steps in and gives me a few helpful special tiles. Thanks, Hawkguy!!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I've lost count of the number of times that I've deliberately left a match-4 on the board when one of the tiles (or one of the tiles in line) is Wasp's That Buzzing Sound (honorable mention, same setup with Nick Fury's Demolition).
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Hawkguy PVP is utilizing another of my favorite AI 'features' from the 'stop hitting yourself' department - CM4's green.  I've spent a fair amount of matches this event just baiting the AI to let me use the AOE feature.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    Once i fought someone with Hulkbuster in team. I had like 1 hero with few HPs left - instadeath no matter what is matched, Hulbuster on move - bam, used black, isntantly killing himself... most tinykitty moment in game ever :D
    I've won matches that way against both Juggernaut and Ares. It's hilarious.
    My favorite on this is when that last headbutt or sunder actually does take you out completely, but also them so you still get the victory by default
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    veny said:
    Once i fought someone with Hulkbuster in team. I had like 1 hero with few HPs left - instadeath no matter what is matched, Hulbuster on move - bam, used black, isntantly killing himself... most tinykitty moment in game ever :D
    I've won matches that way against both Juggernaut and Ares. It's hilarious.
    My favorite on this is when that last headbutt or sunder actually does take you out completely, but also them so you still get the victory by default
    Yep! That's always great!
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    A few events ago, I loved fighting a medusa Marvel team.  Yellow was the highest power, and so I kept feeding yellow, and Marvel kept clearing medusa's attack creating countdown. Was nice.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    AI uses Sentry's Sacrifice, which downs him, and then Luke Cage black triggers and promptly removes the Strike tile. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    When the AI fires a power that ends its turn (eg Squirrel Girl's - Bigger They Are) when there is a match-5 sitting there on the board that it could have done first and then fired the power.

It feels like Christmas and I can't stop grinning at my good fortune.

KGB