Silly things the AI does during the match

Hadronic
Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
Hey, I just thought we could have a place to talk about hilarious things the AI does that people have personally witnessed.

So I'll start with Sentries' yellow ability Sacrifice. Besides the ridiculous animation where his belly aches the AI has a tendency to use this and kill their own Sentry. This always makes me smile uncontrollably. Then I tried to even make it funnier by bringing Strange and Thanos to the fight in an attempt to get Sentry to Sacrifice his friends too.

The ultimate goal being when Sentry Sacrifices himself to death, this triggeres Faltine Flames killing another guy triggering Court Death and finishing the match.

What silly things have you seen the AI do?

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if it counts as silly, but it annoys the living **** out of me when going up against Vision and he spams both his yellow and blue virtually every turn.

Make up your freaking mind man!
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    When the ai baby groot matches the green countdown tile the turn after I use the ability, especially when there's only one enemy left and it has low health.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

Anon said:
    Not sure if it counts as silly, but it annoys the living tinykitty out of me when going up against Vision and he spams both his yellow and blue virtually every turn.

Especially when I've got Strange in play. I wrecked the 4* Node in Deadpool vs. Heroes because he kept doing that :D

Also, using Hawkguy's No Good News when he's at full health.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards

Anon said:
    Not sure if it counts as silly, but it annoys the living tinykitty out of me when going up against Vision and he spams both his yellow and blue virtually every turn.

Especially when I've got Strange in play. I wrecked the 4* Node in Deadpool vs. Heroes because he kept doing that :D

Ragnarok always does that. Heals himself when he's at full health. Comical to watch. 

Kinda funny when Ares kills himself with yellow though it does take some of my health with him. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor

Anon said:

Ragnarok always does that. Heals himself when he's at full health. Comical to watch. 

Kinda funny when Ares kills himself with yellow though it does take some of my health with him. 
    Even funnier when Rags tries to heal himself from low health, and Strange finishes him off because he's stronger than the heal.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always find it bizarre when the AI makes a match that doesn't help them build for one of their powers, even when such a match is available to them. I realize it's probably just because the match damage is higher on some sort of passive or something, but it's especially aggravating when the match they do take is one I needed. It's moments like that when the AI is so dumb that it's actually smart.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    My favorite was still when my last opponent was OML at very low health.  The AI used his TU ability which triggered OML's red, killing him and giving me the match.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    A while back in Falcon PvP: Kate+Falcon+C&D vs. Falcon+4Marv+{Someone I don't remember}

Me: Fire Kate's Look for Trouble. Self-damage cd tiles is created
    AI(Falcon): "Red Wing, go get the cd tile." (Red Wing followed the order and place his countdown tile)
    AI(4Marv): Use Executive Decision to call Red Wing back.
    Me: Get other 8 ap from C&D to fire another Look for Trouble.
    AI(Falcon): "Red Wing, go get the cd tile again!"
    Me: Laugh non-stop for a minute or so.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, the AI does really dumb things every single battle.  Even though there are other colors available, it seems to prefer the team up tiles, which is useless after firing that 1 team up power.  I still smile whenever the AI puts down a CD tile and then immediately matches it.  Perhaps the dumbest thing is when the AI fires Elektra's Double-Double Cross when there's no special tiles to steal.  Thanks!
  • TPF Alexis

Anon said:

At least with Lightning Rod, it's potentially providing more green AP for his team. No Good News at full health is just giving the other team Special Tiles for free.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I don't think so dev who wants to make the game harder by fixing the AI.  Oh fine,  I like how the AI will pick the 4 in a row regardless if it's AP color they use or if a differs move would deny me the last AP for a massive nuke.
  • TPF Alexis
    OK, this one isn't so much on the AI, as it is on whoever decided to give a Chemical Reaction team-up to a Node where the AI team's only source of Strikes is Sentry, but wow. That was hilarious.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I love how the AI doesn't comprehend matches-fives that are not linear, and end up making a match four instead.

(I find myself yelling, "idiot" to the AI.  Erm, who's really the idiot?)
  • djperry1973
    djperry1973 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I signed up for the forums specifically to comment on this thread.  :D

My favorite thing right now in the game is putting boosted C4ge with 5 black up against Sentry, because without fail Sentry will cast Sacrifice while C4ge is out in front. C4ge then removes the strike tile and drops a shield, leaving the AI with nothing to show but 1 point of match damage and a bucket full of self-damage.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    any match with Dons vs Strange.

stop hitting yourself
    stop hitting yourself
    no really - stop hitting yourself 4x in a single turn
  • CubRob
    CubRob Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited June 2017
    Borstock said:
    I always find it bizarre when the AI makes a match that doesn't help them build for one of their powers, even when such a match is available to them. I realize it's probably just because the match damage is higher on some sort of passive or something, but it's especially aggravating when the match they do take is one I needed. It's moments like that when the AI is so dumb that it's actually smart.
    The AI will always make a match 4 if available, regardless of the color.  There was a nice write up that one of the devs did to explain the AI logic awhile ago, but I cannot seem to find the link :(

edit: found it - http://www.demiurgestudios.com/engineering/a-worthy-opponent/
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love when there are two match-fours available, and one is actually an L-shaped match-five, and the AI chooses the match-four that isn't, so I get to have the match-five on my turn!!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bullseye may destroy friendly special tiles with Lethal Improvisation when the opponent has tiles out.  I was using Cage today, had 4 protect tiles out.  Rather than get rid of some of those, he took out his own strike tiles (I think they were Daken's), doing minimal damage and giving me another protect tile from the power use.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Once i fought someone with Hulkbuster in team. I had like 1 hero with few HPs left - instadeath no matter what is matched, Hulbuster on move - bam, used black, isntantly killing himself... most **** moment in game ever :D
  • TPF Alexis
    veny said:
    Once i fought someone with Hulkbuster in team. I had like 1 hero with few HPs left - instadeath no matter what is matched, Hulbuster on move - bam, used black, isntantly killing himself... most tinykitty moment in game ever :D
    I've won matches that way against both Juggernaut and Ares. It's hilarious.