2.1.2 Release Notes (5/31/17)

Options
2»

Comments

• deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bounce, suppress, -1/-1 counters, sacrifice (different than kill/destroy), and deactivate are all non-exile ways of dealing with indestructible creatures
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    spesler said:
    Bounce, suppress, -1/-1 counters, sacrifice (different than kill/destroy), and deactivate are all non-exile ways of dealing with indestructible creatures
    Bounce you can only do if your opponent doesn't have a full hand, unlike paper magic, and unlike paper magic, you can't bounce it so you can counter it later, which is kind of the point.

Very few cards give permenant -1/-1 counters in the game right now, not nearly enough to take care of a god, especially when those in standard right now require you to cycle a card, which is the case with Ruthless Snipee, or attaching with Decimator Beetle and Hapatra. Neither of those last two with if you have a god with reach that's already "awake" leaving you with the option of trying to throw a whole bunch of Festering Mummies at a god to try and kill it. 

Sacrifuce is something I'm not aware of being in the game yet. I may be wrong here but I believe all the sacrifice effects now do non-targeted destroy effects, so your god with indestructibility would be immune. 

Disable is pretty much only a white thing. Claustrophobia would get the god if it's in the first creature slot, but that's it.

I'm all for indestructible as a mechanic in this game once the tools are readily in place for players to work around it, but at this point they're not, so letting gods be eliminated with kill spells is a necessity. 
  • MtGMoxJet
    MtGMoxJet Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The tools are in place to work around the gods being indestructible. Many of which you have stated. Bounce a rhonas with reach wont stop rhonas from being casted again but the reach might not be in hand so rhonas cannot block. Use blightcaster with fabricate you could take down creatures as big as 12 toughness. Disable has always been mentioned. Being able to "destroy" a creature that was meant to be "indestructible" just doesnt nake any sense at all. Creativity is key when deck building.
  • PersonMan
    PersonMan Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Minor note on Gods: Currently, anything that Disables a creature also Disables all of its abilities.  So once a God is Disabled, it can take damage or be killed like any other creature.  Deadlock Trap is colorless. Blue and White have lots of Disable options.  Blue also has lots of Bounce options. Black has Blightcaster (a staple of every Tezz2 deck).  Red has Maulfist Doorbuster.  A few lucky players have Vindicate.  Green is once again mostly screwed, but at least it gets the best God.  And the AI is an idiot, who isn't smart enough to trigger the Gods conditions to attack/block, or smart enough to cast Mantle of Webs or Giant Spectacle on a God most of the time.  So being Indestructible isn't that big of deal, and the Gods should just stay Indestructable (but be given a new icon to reflect it).  
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    So many cards have not been transferred over as they are in paper magic. Prevent damage is the same as indestructible...or as close as to will get to it. If that makes a God unplayable then it won't be the first mythic that is that way and won't be the last. Wereotter is correct here.
  • MtGMoxJet
    MtGMoxJet Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Rhonas and oketra need other creatures to be able to block or attack. Kill them instead. Im sure red and black has a bunch of spells that could do that. Blue and white is pretty obvious. And lets just be honest, who uses mono green?
  • Sequious
    Sequious Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just downloaded this update and now the game will not open. It says "something went wrong" every time I try. I've tried 10+ times, tried restarting my phone, etc. nothing. I even went and removed a bunch of apps in case it was some sort of a space issue. Still nothing. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

*Edit*
    Okay, thanks. Perhaps a more descriptive message should be added here. It seemed like the game was simply broken after the update.
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sequious said:
    I just downloaded this update and now the game will not open. It says "something went wrong" every time I try. I've tried 10+ times, tried restarting my phone, etc. nothing. I even went and removed a bunch of apps in case it was some sort of a space issue. Still nothing. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?
    Everyone does. It's a server-side thing. I'm sure they'll fix their whoopsie soon enough, and perhaps, if we're lucky, give people in the event some token compensation for any lost nodes.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Sequious
    There is some maintenance occurring now

• sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Game is back up and running normally now