Questions you'd like to ask developers and have answers

Phillmoore
Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
why remove quick battle.  It was a good way of losing half day!

rewards. Are there any plans to Bring back some way to get mythic guaranteed. Whether it be in packs or through events   

Comments

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Mythic or better guaranteed is supposed to be filled by the Elite packs.  At least that's my impression.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    octal9 said:
    "How much are you willing to pay a developer that doesn't speak a lick of French and will only work remotely?"

I mean, since we are speaking in hypotheticals anyway...

I've worked in the financial sector my whole life but I always wondered what it would be like to work on game development instead.

Alas, money talks.

• Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    At this point, I'm tempted to just go with "Why?  That makes no sense."
    The context almost doesn't matter; the question would likely be applicable regardless :P
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Did anyone take the positions that were up for grabs at Hiberbum? If so, what are their backgrounds in the field? 
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I'd ask: "How does the library work?" It seems like it changed sometime in the last few months. And now we have this whole Aven Mindcensor thread where no one can figure out whether the card could be useful or not because no one knows for sure how this game works. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    No, I'm pretty sure we've all figured out that Aven Mindcensor  has a completely useless ability.  My very first rare from the set.
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Yeah I guess it's pretty clear that no matter how the library is set up Mindcensor effectively does nothing. 
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I would ask how the player feedback is presented to them (Brigby regular states he consolidates feedback) and how they prioritize changes as a result.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    @octal9
    you might have been off topic, but that was actually really interesting to read. My question remains the same as in my topic: Aven Mindcensor. Why?

• Mickleberry
    Mickleberry Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    My question would be this:

"How do I become a designer for this game?"

I thoroughly enjoy designing games and fan sets/expansions of games that I play. I've designed multiple fan sets of Magic: the Gathering based on Doctor Who, and am currently in the starting process of designing a Star Trek: The Next Generation MtG set.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would love to be a designer, especially after having read the designer interview from recent memory. I think I (and many others) would be valuable assets to the game's future.

Many of the designers and developers for paper magic are players-turned-creators nowadays. Maybe we could start doing that with this game?
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    My question would be this:

"How do I become a designer for this game?"

I thoroughly enjoy designing games and fan sets/expansions of games that I play. I've designed multiple fan sets of Magic: the Gathering based on Doctor Who, and am currently in the starting process of designing a Star Trek: The Next Generation MtG set.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would love to be a designer, especially after having read the designer interview from recent memory. I think I (and many others) would be valuable assets to the game's future.

Many of the designers and developers for paper magic are players-turned-creators nowadays. Maybe we could start doing that with this game?

Any links MB? I'd be interested to see those decks :)
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    My question:
    What do you need to inhale to come up with the idea of 4-hour recharge and trying to convince everyone that this is actually a good thing
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    "How many people are actively working on this game and only this game?"
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    When are you going to implement game reconnect code?  There is no reason any turn-based network game should not be able to resume from a disconnection.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    shteev said:
    I don't even know where to begin.
    Start with the tutorial, then go to story mode... 
  • Formulator
    Formulator Posts: 31 Just Dropped In

Question Mark

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    why remove quick battle.  It was a good way of losing half day!

rewards. Are there any plans to Bring back some way to get mythic guaranteed. Whether it be in packs or through events   
    @Phillmoore The developers explained the reasoning behind removing Quick Battle in the 2.0 Release Notes HERE

As of right now, I'm personally unaware of any future plans for adding in additional guaranteed-Mythic acquisition methods, aside from the current Elite Packs. 

Delnai said:
    I'd ask: "How does the library work?" It seems like it changed sometime in the last few months. And now we have this whole Aven Mindcensor thread where no one can figure out whether the card could be useful or not because no one knows for sure how this game works. 

@Delnai When you start a game, you create 40 cards in your library; 4 each of the 10 cards in your deck. When you get to the end of your library, 40 new cards are generated, as if you just started the game.

When you fetch or destroy cards past the end of a 40 card deck, it generates a new, appended 40 card library, then fetches or destroys cards from it.

gruntface said:
    I would ask how the player feedback is presented to them (Brigby regular states he consolidates feedback) and how they prioritize changes as a result.

@gruntface It's a pretty standard procedure, that I'm sure many companies utilize. I simply compile a weekly report of player feedback, and then present it during one of our weekly meetings. Anything that requires immediate attention, such as sudden crashes or freezes, I send off an email to the developers so they're aware.

Question Mark

@Formulator I'm afraid I'm not sure what your question is... The MtGPQ card seems rather similar to the paper version.

When it comes to all the other serious questions, I will be sure to relay those to the developers!