Will Classic Legends vault have thirteen 5*s?

2»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    About time for a 5* only vault!!! 
    There is a 5* only vault already. The only trouble is that it's 720 cp per pull.
    That's not a vault. Using that isn't even an option until you have at least 1 cover of that color. So this method will never help someone get a character at 0/0/0 or 0 anything really. 

There be should be a 5* only vault and it should cost at least 200 CP per pull. 
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    snlf25 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    About time for a 5* only vault!!! 
    There is a 5* only vault already. The only trouble is that it's 720 cp per pull.
    That's not a vault. Using that isn't even an option until you have at least 1 cover of that color. So this method will never help someone get a character at 0/0/0 or 0 anything really. 

I was thinking 120 cp but it definitely would need to be high enough to keep new players from skipping levels but not high enough to not be worth the gamble. The 720 option is only worth it if you need the last cover for a top tier 5. 
  • scottyray1
    scottyray1 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I agree.  There needs to be an easier way of some sort of getting classic 5* I myself can't get any more classics because I have to keep my cp for ll tokens to keep up.  Maybe tier off every 3 5* like ll.  Like most games they tier off stuff to allow the player to choose how they want to play.  Ex.  T1-4.  T1 logan,  phenix,  surfer,  t2 the next 3 that came out,  t3 the 3 fter that,  t 4 the next 3,  then latest legends.  Then add the covers that came in that tier as well
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    broll said:

Why? 5star drop rate is 15%, so you have to buy 6.66 tokens to get one on average. (D3 worships the devil?!) take that times 25 CP and you have a price of 167 CP. 
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    broll said:

Why? 5star drop rate is 15%, so you have to buy 6.66 tokens to get one on average. (D3 worships the devil?!) take that times 25 CP and you have a price of 167 CP. 
    Yeah, but we're talking about classic 5*s, so that's 20 CP per draw, so 133 CP.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    And they're taking the random factor out of the equation, so expect at least a 100% markup on the price.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I still vote for 3 vaults:

Latest legends: As is (3 most recent 5*s and 12 most recent 4*s)
    Classic legends: 5 previous 5*s @ 1:7 and 20 previous 4*s
    Vintage legends: Whatever remains (currently 8x 5* @ 1:7 and 19x 4*)

I'm fine with having Vintage legends available only off-season to encourage strategically planned usage of LT's and CP.
  • broll
    broll said:

That's exactly why.  Take that 167 CP and add an up charge for the price of not risking bad RNG (we know that never happens) and you have 200 CP.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys are asking for too much. It will never happen. I would settle for a store with 5% chance of any single 5* in the classic pool, priced at 20cp. 1 in 20 for 20cp is statistically 400cp. May look high but it's RNG. Could be lower, could be higher
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    That's exactly why.  Take that 167 CP and add an up charge for the price of not risking bad RNG (we know that never happens) and you have 200 CP.
    I think i was generous enough in giving the 25cp price badge when like @Bloody Marvel said, it should be only 20 cp.

I know about bad RNG from first hand experience but D3 is obviously alright with the price badge of 6.7 times the token price as they never experience bad RNG. So i don't see why they deserve even more than the high prices they're already asking.
  • broll
    sh81 said:
    On the flip side of this, Id be happy with a 4* only vault to match.

Sounds bizarre to complain, but as a 3-4* transitioner, I dont want to pull 5*s.

It's not bizarre at all, I used to feel the same way.  However, once SCL based scaling kicks in I think the fear of the 5*s will finally start to lessen.  Once your scaling isn't punished (at least in PvE) by having a 5*, in fact someone new to the game in like SCL 2 or 3 might be able to use a 1 covered 5* to crush through.  

Regardless, choices are always better than RNG to me and I'm willing to pay more than the current RNG value for a choice.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

What's the upside of such a token?  

Right now 7500 CP would virtually assure you of covering the 3 latest characters fully, while obviously giving you hordes of champ levels for your 4*s.

7500 @ 200 a pull gets you 37.5 covers spread over 15 characters.  (or 12 if you're excluding the latest from this token).  With no other benefit, and only getting worse as time goes on.

I just don't see that as a viable transition route.  
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

What's the upside of such a token?  

Right now 7500 CP would virtually assure you of covering the 3 latest characters fully, while obviously giving you hordes of champ levels for your 4*s.

7500 @ 200 a pull gets you 37.5 covers spread over 15 characters.  (or 12 if you're excluding the latest from this token).  With no other benefit, and only getting worse as time goes on.

I just don't see that as a viable transition route.  
    It might not be a particularly viable transition route, but for those with multiple 9-12 covered 5*s, it would be a tempting way to try and finish them off
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I think the 200 CP price is justified if CS locks in the unspoken policy of swapping out duplicate covers.  That's the only thing holding me back from spending my amassing hoard on classic covers. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I can't ever see spending 200 CP on this.  I know there are no guarantees, but 200 CP spent on classics gives an average of 8.5 4* and 1.5 5*, not counting bonus heroes.

It would have to be around 100 CP to be a good choice, and I can't see that happening.  
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I would also never spend 200CP for this. Too much of a lottery vs buying the cover directly and you are also losing out on the 4* covers drawn