Will Classic Legends vault have thirteen 5*s?

BearVenger
BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
With Doc Ock(topu5) coming to the LL tokens in mid-June, that would bump Black Panther into Classics. This would give the Classics vault thirteen 5*s, more than the twelve they keep for 4* characters.

I don't see a need for (colorless covers, on-demand levels <720 CP, guaranteed slumpbusters, additional Legendary tier) most user-suggested ways to speed up the cover acquisition process, but I just wonder if this will be the ongoing pattern when new 5*s get added.

Comments

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in no hurry to get 5*s covered and levelled (as I don't want my 4*s to go into obscurity yet), but if, say I ever did, I'd hate to have a 0.38% shot to get a specific color cover (which is where they'll be at when BP gets relegated to Classics).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been meaning to start the poll: "How diluted is too diluted?"

But, of course, the answer was "AFTER IT WENT BELOW FIVE PERCENT."

Classics are a wasteland of misery, something needs to be done about it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT said:
    That "something" is CP and LT hoarding, which seems to be what every 5* player is doing these days (myself included... I'm up to 16 available draws so far... just 284 left to gain until I can think about starting my pull).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    That "something" is CP and LT hoarding, which seems to be what every 5* player is doing these days (myself included... I'm up to 16 available draws so far... just 284 left to gain until I can think about starting my pull).
    Yet the devs supposedly don't like/want hoarding to happen.  If that's truly the case, then they need to provide reasonable ways to get people what they want rather than continuing to make it harder.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Yeah too true. Classics are the wasteland of misery. But superhoarding is also a symptom of failure of the 5* distribution system.

Its actually reached the stage if you are not at least a medium weight whale or superhoarder you will get left behind. Kinda makes earlier progress in classics a trap. Its reaching the stage that it is near impossible to finish even nearly finished classucks.(typo intended)

Edit fixed typos
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    It should have been split into three categories long time ago. Probably never happen! 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    About time for a 5* only vault!!! 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    Why do people keep suggesting this?

For one, the devs aren't going to make it that easy to acquire 5*s.

Second, if they DO, it'll be so expensive that most people won't really be able to take advantage of it.

Might as well say "about time to give everyone an unlimited supply of covers and ISO!" because that's just as likely to happen.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Of course not. Once Black Panther enters Classics, SS, OML, and Phx will be vaulted. However we can acquire them in the off season with Vintage Legendaries for 20 Vintage CP. You can only acquire Vintage CP during the offseason PvP events. The Vintage Legendaries will also include vaulted 4*s.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or maybe have a token that will only pick from 4* and 5* heroes you've favourited for bonus heroes, with the caveat that you need to favourite a certain number first.
  • msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Yes, the devs should put 13 5*s into classics. But then divide classic legendary pulls into 3 pools. I use the term pool so bonus heroes still function, unlike in a vault. 4,4,5 breakdown for the 5s, and if my math is correct, 13 or 14 for each of the 4*s. All of the vaulted 4*s would be included in the classic pools. Players have a choice with this set-up. Dilution is minimised. RNG still is a factor, and no new elements are added. Need an iceman cover? Draw from his pool for 20 cp. Black Bolt? 1 in 5 is better than 1 in 13. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Milk Jugz said:

Second, if they DO, it'll be so expensive that most people won't really be able to take advantage of it.

Might as well say "about time to give everyone an unlimited supply of covers and ISO!" because that's just as likely to happen.
    I'm fine with expensive, it costs 720 cp to target a certain 5* cover. So a vault with only them in it- 250?? I could hit that every 10 days. I'm happy with that and that's where my and I'm sure many players would put their cp. Even more expensive I'd take it!!!! I'm not looking for a 25 cp vault, I'm at least a little realistically wishful.......
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

I think the majority of the problems D3/Demi is trying to slap bandaids on now are all due to a very poor 4*->5* transition...   I don't believe its the case that they don't know how to make it progress more smoothly, I think its a case where they don't want too many people progressing yet, they still want it exclusive enough to motivate people to pay for it.

I expect vaulting, and/or other strange machinations to be considered and possibly implemented until they decide to make the 5* tier more accessible and the transition from 4 to 5 more smooth and reliable (but before they can do that, they probably need a solution to exclusive content people would be willing to spend money on).  We're deep in the depths of unorthodox partial fixes to self created problems.

• dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Does anyone remember how many 4*s were in tokens when lts were first introduced?  If I remember correctly, it was a little over 20.  We should be close to getting a 5* only token.  I would assume it would cost considerably more than a latest lt. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone remember how many 4*s were in tokens when lts were first introduced?  If I remember correctly, it was a little over 20.  We should be close to getting a 5* only token.  I would assume it would cost considerably more than a latest lt. 

I don't recall, but if they are going to offer an additional means of getting 5*s I really hope they don't continue to share currency with our means of getting 4*s...  the best way of getting 4*s didn't impact our ability to get 3*s and vice versa, I don't enjoy the best means of getting 5*s negatively impacting my 4* development.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Milk Jugz said:

That's kind of the point, though. MOST people probably shouldn't be using a 5* only Vault. Tie it to a certain conditions to even open. (Roster of 100+) + (shield rank 100+) + (10+ 4* champions) + (10+ 3* champions)= available 5* Vault. That would keep people from skipping the 3/4 levels and going straight to the 5*. 

Someone commented above about being cool with it being expensive, in terms of CP. That's realistic and a good idea too. It needs to not be abused but also needs to be there to keep people who are only using 5*s to play with a chance to realistically acquire them. Leave the 5*s in Classics too, for those that don't reach the requirements but may want to get occasionally lucky and get one instead of a 4*.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    mpqr7 said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    Yet the devs supposedly don't like/want hoarding to happen.  If that's truly the case, then they need to provide reasonable ways to get people what they want rather than continuing to make it harder.
    I don't hoard. I collect.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    A 4-5 star better odds token should be a reality at some point. I mean, honestly, how many 5 stars will we need to have before there is a legit way to aquire them beyond rng?

The issue isn't really "they should be throwing 5s at us" but more "there needs to be a way that my Green Goblin or bssm can get past 2 covers despite their being over a year old."
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Milk Jugz said:
    There is a 5* only vault already. The only trouble is that it's 720 cp per pull.