Next 3* to leave tokens?

Options
2»

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    The last 3 to leave - Loki - was the oldest one in tokens at that time.  So Spider-man may be a good guess.  We'll know in a week...
    With the Spidey movie on the way, not a chance, IMO. This vaulted 3* pool has always felt like a compromise between marvel and the devs. Half are tied to the MCU, the other half are pretty good in-game.

Squirrel girl is my vote. Not tied to the MCU in any way, does not have current name notoriety with the public (dp/wolvie), not top half of 3*'s imo, oh and shares colors with Star Lord. Though, she's not a mutant (anymore) and this game has been working to ignore that side of the house for almost two years now.

Edit: just looked at the original post. Always thought the oldest character thing related to only 4* packs and 3* were selected by devs. Original post seems to indicate both are impacted by this "oldest" standard. Post withdrawn but it's still fun to speculate. :)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/60256/new-feature-bonus-heroes-updated-3-1-17#latest

"Newest Characters in Packs:
    Also, starting with Bonus Heroes, packs will contain the newest characters. In packs that have 4-Stars, you will be able to get the 12 latest 4-Stars that have been released. For 3-Stars, you will be able to get 20 3-Stars chosen by the Design team at Demiurge Studios. Whenever a new character is introduced into these packs, the oldest character will be rotated out of the pack."
    Umm dont you know there is a squirrel girl tv series comingn up?
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Arix90

I forgot about New Warriors! Freeform is off my radar sometimes since they haven't released anything yet and they are geared a little past my demographic.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think its totally arbitrary...   can you imagine the tinycat-storm that would have happened if im40, SW, IF, LC...  were retired when this vaulting thing rolled out ?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhycar said:
    No, they just used the most recent ones. Popularity and other considerations didn't come into play.
    Right. Iron Man was released after Quicksilver.

Oh wait, no he wasn't. Your statement is simply wrong (for 3*s. It is correct for 4*s)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options