Do you hoard?

2»

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I generally don't hoard, and for a long time spent Cp on classics when I hit 20 and drew LTs whenever I got one. Then with 6 weeks left of Thanos in Latest, I realised I had 6 or 7 covers, so switched to latest as soon as I hit 25cp. Thanos is now champed, and Panther has 13 covers. Sure, I've sacrificed a number of 4* covers on the way, but it's been worth it for me. I also used bonus heroes to chase down LTs from vaulted characters champ levels and I'm in the sweet spot with a lot of 3* champ rewards.

I don't yet hit 1200 in pvp btw.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    bbigler said:

It seems like you need champed 5*s in order to get 50 CPe per day, which is a catch-22.

Yes, but that leads us back to hoarding - if you save up a few week's worth you can make up for that deficit and tactically go for a 5* set you want.  The more you hoard, the better your chances.  This one isn't bad, for example, since it has Thanos and BP who work well together.  SL5 is pretty lame at the moment, but they may buff him.

One of the unfortunate facts of the game is that since some 5*s are distinctly better than others, you really need to be careful of how you enter the 5* tier.  Imagine having Banner as your only 5*?  That may be ok in PVE, but in PVP you'll be eaten alive... :(

My basic plan for entering the 5* tier is to hoard up 260+ pulls along with ISO to champ my remaining 4*s and the new 5*s.  I'm up to 140 pulls now.  Hopefully after that point I will be able to pull 15 LTs per week to continue the 5* train.  Either way, I need to quit this game because it consumes too much of my time.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    I do want a hefty LT/CP hoard before I start pulling again, but I hate sacrificing characters so I'd need another 12,000 HP first in order to make sure nobody goes to waste.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm nowhere near the point where I'm chasing 5* characters.  I've been hoarding because I took a year off from the game, so was missing many characters.

I've mainly been holding off on opening legendary tokens because I didn't have the roster slots available for new characters.  I'm just about over that hump, but may continue to hoard while I stock up on Iso.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    my pulls got so monotonously bad, like lowest common denominator bad, phone smashingly bad, that i stopped pulling everything. standards included. so very tired of busting my behind for what?  

'here's an event token for reaching 850. enjoy the moonstone'...

so i'm hoarding everything. haven't had this much enjoyment playing in awhile. i'm not angry every 5 minutes.

i figure i'll save everything until i get to 3-5 million iso then open everything. hopefully come out with a 2nd and 3rd usable 5* and have enough iso to champ enough of the 4* as to not waste too many covers. (also holding on to the faint hope they do away with vaulting by the time this goes down).
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I'm still holding out hope they do a "Guaranteed 5 Star pull".
    If you pull X number of Legendary Tokens in a row and haven't gotten one, eventually you are guaranteed to pull a 5 Star.  I'd start the streak that after the 9th non-5 Star pull in a row, your 10th pull guarantees a 5 Star (to keep the 10% rate).  If you pull a 5 Star before 9 in a row, it resets the counter.
    I've seen several other mobile games that have random pulls like this implement this feature, and it's very welcome.

A man can dream...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still holding out hope they do a "Guaranteed 5 Star pull".
    If you pull X number of Legendary Tokens in a row and haven't gotten one, eventually you are guaranteed to pull a 5 Star.  I'd start the streak that after the 9th non-5 Star pull in a row, your 10th pull guarantees a 5 Star (to keep the 10% rate).  If you pull a 5 Star before 9 in a row, it resets the counter.
    I've seen several other mobile games that have random pulls like this implement this feature, and it's very welcome.

A man can dream...
    Not going to happen.
    This would limit pulls from megawhales.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoarding only works now if you have high CP intake unfortunately.

Or a roster that can ignore the 4 star tier.

If you don't have the 4 stars leaving fully covered you will not likely see them again without some CP spending.

If you are seeking 5's only, it's the most reasonable method. Otherwise you are better off playing your local lotto and winning enough to whale an old 5 up through HP purchases in buyers clubs. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE said:

If you don't have the 4 stars leaving fully covered you will not likely see them again without some CP spending.

If you are seeking 5's only, it's the most reasonable method. Otherwise you are better off playing your local lotto and winning enough to whale an old 5 up through HP purchases in buyers clubs. 

Or a roster that averages 1 4* every other day...  they wont fully cover a 4* before its retired, so they have to pick the ones they want to pass on and hoard so they can cover the others before they leave...  

The idea that simply pulling your CP and LTs will get new 4*s totally covered now is just silly, you have to be playing quite a bit (eg 5 clears a day for pve and still needing to grind pvp occasionally if you miss a sub clear in pve) 

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    GurlBYE said:

Or a roster that averages 1 4* every other day...  they wont fully cover a 4* before its retired, so they have to pick the ones they want to pass on and hoard so they can cover the others before they leave...  

The idea that simply pulling your CP and LTs will get new 4*s totally covered now is just silly, you have to be playing quite a bit (eg 5 clears a day for pve and still needing to grind pvp occasionally if you miss a sub clear in pve) 

You're kinda just being contrary here. Because we aren't saying anything different.

I say "if you have a high CP intake, hoarding works If you need every 4 star or want a particular one about to leave it doesn't. if you hoard you likely won't see the character again without CP spending"

meaning - if you want them, draw while they are in. 4's stay in for an EXTREMELY long time, the vaulting system didn't begin with a fresh reset, but no character introduced since vaulting began is eve NEARLY ready to go. Luke and Spiderwoman have both been around since late summer/fall 2016.
    We're moving into Summer 2017. The vaulting system didn't account for that so they are leaving "early".
    But 5's leave at a different pace. And always have. Which is what many many posts before me were mentioning. Which is why a I mentioned a roster than can ignore 4's. 

You say "They won't cover one before it retires if they don't have a high CP income, so they have to choose who to spend draws on"

Aka the same exact thing in a different way. If they draw a 4 every other day, they will likely cover one of the characters introduced since Coulson or so on before they leave tokens. But if the person really wants Luke cage, well hoarding will do nothing besides give them Cp to spend on the character. They factually have higher odds of drawing luke cage now in those 3-4 tokens they earn then they will in the legendary tokens ever again (even with bonus hero's because that operates independently.

Sometimes the ideas we share come in different forms but its super important to try and interpret different angles on the same thing. 

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE said:
    GurlBYE said:

You're kinda just being contrary here. Because we aren't saying anything different.

I say "if you have a high CP intake, hoarding works If you need every 4 star or want a particular one about to leave it doesn't. if you hoard you likely won't see the character again without CP spending"

meaning - if you want them, draw while they are in. 4's stay in for an EXTREMELY long time, the vaulting system didn't begin with a fresh reset, but no character introduced since vaulting began is eve NEARLY ready to go. Luke and Spiderwoman have both been around since late summer/fall 2016.
    We're moving into Summer 2017. The vaulting system didn't account for that so they are leaving "early".
    But 5's leave at a different pace. And always have. Which is what many many posts before me were mentioning. Which is why a I mentioned a roster than can ignore 4's. 

You say "They won't cover one before it retires if they don't have a high CP income, so they have to choose who to spend draws on"

Aka the same exact thing in a different way. If they draw a 4 every other day, they will likely cover one of the characters introduced since Coulson or so on before they leave tokens. But if the person really wants Luke cage, well hoarding will do nothing besides give them Cp to spend on the character. They factually have higher odds of drawing luke cage now in those 3-4 tokens they earn then they will in the legendary tokens ever again (even with bonus hero's because that operates independently.

Sometimes the ideas we share come in different forms but its super important to try and interpret different angles on the same thing. 

Well, I wasn't meaning to be contrary, but you say hoarding only works if you have a high CP intake, or a roster that can ignore the 4* tier...   Did you mean vaulting only works in those cases?  Because rosters that don't have a high CP intake that cant just skip over the 4* tier are exactly the ones that need to hoard to make this work...

If you aren't pulling in enough CP (you say "have high CP intake") and you can't skip the 4* tier (you say "a roster that can ignore the 4* tier) then you're exactly the type of scenario that needs to hoard in order to progress beyond the 3* tier.

Its important to note that if you're only pulling in a 4* every other day, and if new 4*s are added in at a rate of 1 every 3 weeks (2 every 6 weeks) then you need to be pulling 13 covers in 21 days to expect to cover a 4* before they leave. 

You could also visualize this as having 36 weeks in which a new 4* will stay in the featured 12 set during which time it is one of a possible 12 that you could be pulling, so 1/12th of your 4* pulls from the featured set of 12, on average...  36 weeks, 252 days at 1 every other day that's 126 4* covers you can expect during a new 4*'s stay in the featured set, with 12 in the set you're looking at just over 10 covers on average...   hence you better hoard if you want to cover em before you leave.  You can certainly get lucky and beat the odds, its unlikely that you have a perfect distribution and never cover a 4* ever before they leave, but the odds are poor if you're only pulling at a rate of one cover every other day.

Maybe there was a disconnect in how long the window a 4* will have in the vault vs how likely it actually is to cover despite that length when you run the numbers ? 

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    This has been my first venture into hoarding CP and even with hoarding it I've already got C&D to 11 covers and Iron Fist to 9. Other than coulson and mordo being at 12, every other current twelve is either max covered or champed.

Which kinda makes me question even opening my cp when r&g and gamora enter tokens. 

Just from the random LT and heroic token, I'm gonna probably finish off the previously mentioned non maxed characters, and not pulling the two.new guardians for one season is nothing.

It's actually starting to make more sense to wait one addition season when gwenpool leaves (saving up the iso for coulson, mordo, c&d, and iron fist to champ) then just completely blow my cp stash and have 80% of pulls not go to waste.

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like all of the poll options were related to hoarding for 5 stars.  Many people (myself included) are hoarding for ISO/roster spot reasons.  

I found myself with 6 of the latest 12 max covered, so half of my pulls would be wasted.  I started hoarding about a month ago, and since then I've champed 3 of them.  Need to champ 2 more, let Spiderwoman leave, then I'll be able to pull with no wasted covers.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    I am hoarding because of vaulting - 2 of the most recent 4*s are champed, 4 of the most recent already have 13 covers and i am not mentioning 4*s that have one or more colours maxed (like my 5/3/1 Gwenpool) . I am simply not willing to open LTs/spend CPs with such a high risk of getting a duplicate.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    i've been hoarding for almost a year now. i've got 3k cp and 135LL. i've got 35 4* champed and a handful more fully covered waiting on 3 million iso. I was almost ready to finally dive into 5 land but with 5SL coming out, I wasn't impressed by his numbers and will continue to hoard until he falls out of rotation.