Alliance Daily Bonus Nerf Already!? Rage!

Options
Revert the alliance daily reward to 500! You guys affected our economy plenty with the increase in price of boosts and the decreasing drop rates in tokens. This was the only nice change recently. Revert it or i will not spend another dollar on this game and will encourage all 100 venoms to not do so as well. Who's with me?

Comments

• klingsor wrote:
    Revert the alliance daily reward to 500! You guys affected our economy plenty with the increase in price of boosts and the decreasing drop rates in tokens. This was the only nice change recently. Revert it or i will not spend another dollar on this game and will encourage all 100 venoms to not do so as well. Who's with me?

You have to admit, letting us get enough ISO to take someone up almost a third of a level was crazy-generous. I may have gotten enough ISO over the last 2 days to take two 3*s to 77th level from 64th and a 53rd, but the critical piece of that 40,000 ISO it took was definitely the almost 1.3% of it that came from the 500 ISO reward I got.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed. The 500 ISO daily bonus was one of the few good changes that were made recently. That's half a level for most decent 2* characters. Even a 1* roster can make more than 200 ISO in a lightning round.
  • Seriously?

The amount of ISO handed out now compared to where it was in early February is incredibly generous. Especially with the introduction of Alliances and even more easy ISO coming in via rewards.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Seriously?

The amount of ISO handed out now compared to where it was in early February is incredibly generous. Especially with the introduction of Alliances and even more easy ISO coming in via rewards.

tsk tsk
    The fact that he included "Rage!" in the title made me think this was a gag post. I was rather disappointed to see it was a sincere (if rather misguided) complaint.
  • I think the OP - and definitely my followup - was that, even if they thought it was overly generous, it was such a piddling amount that it kind of astonishes me they'd think the badwill they'd get would be worth it. With what I'm doing now (leveling up 3*s in the mid-80s), even the 500 was only a third of a level. It was nice, but it wasn't game-changing or anything. They gave us this nice little bonus, and then, with no announcement, yank it away. There's something going on with the decision-making progress regarding this stuff that is deeply, deeply odd.
  • I too think all the latest event show hodgepodge development signs in every area. Is it that hard to sit down and think about design? Of prizes, of character powers of anything? Dumping something on ht public and change in a few days is just looks dumb.

For stuff with not major impact like this ISO I'd keep it going for at least 2 weeks even if had change of heart. Sure character powers are better fixed the earliest -- but nothing forces to dump them at the forced rate.
  • I agree in the sense that the decision making behind this move is poor. The message this sends is of greed and being more concerned with trying to squeeze every cent they can from the game users. I mean its a reward that was just implemented, therefore the iso amount itself is not the issue. It just stinks that someone thought, "****, lets take back a nice incentive/bonus from our customers" and for what? Its not like people are going to spend cash for iso, at least I would hope most realize thats the least efficient way to spend on this game! Big thumbs down on this from me icon_mad.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Considering that the 500 daily ISO is so puny for high level players, I think the iso helps the newer players more. Which is a good thing for newer players as they would be more likely to continue playing.

I hope they bring it back.
  • It was a bonus. I didn't expect it, and it wasn't around long enough to become a new norm. I miss the 50 ISO that was chopped off of the 250s that would pop sometimes in PVE nodes, and the 30 that was chopped off of some of the 100s in PvE.

That said, the alliance bonus is another way to disproportionately reward members of big alliances. I'm not sure that it's much help to new players.

The ISO fountains in this game are way too stingy in general, though. The core puzzle combat is solid, but the progression and cover mechanics are vastly subpar compared to previous Puzzle Quest games.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The ISO fountains in this game are way too stingy in general, though. The core puzzle combat is solid, but the progression and cover mechanics are vastly subpar compared to previous Puzzle Quest games.
    I made about 100K ISO since Saturday morning.

The ISO payouts have increased considerably during the last 2 months or so - if you finish in a top spot in PVP your ISO intake is mad.
    Case in point: Hollowpoint Kiss.
    500 ISO for 50 Points.
    250 for 200.
    250 for 400.
    500 for 500.
    500 for 700.
    1000 for 800.
    1000 for 1000.
    2500 ISO for top 25.

That's 6500 ISO for a top 25 finish - 5500 if you only go up to 800.

On average, for a Top 1 finish, you'd get the ISO for up to 1000 (=4000) plus 3000 for the win, plus whatever you get for selling the covers you don't need.
    Plus if you are in a semi-decent alliance (which you probably are, if you are taking top 1 in PVP) and we're looking at another 2000 ISO for a top 100 finish.

So that's 9000 ISO alone without any covers you sell of, which is crazy.

Add to that at least 2000 ISO you make from each LR (play until 250), plus all those PVE rewards and you have more ISO than ever before.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Plus if you are in a semi-decent alliance (which you probably are, if you are taking top 1 in PVP) and we're looking at another 2000 ISO for a top 100 finish.

Add to that at least 2000 ISO you make from each LR (play until 250), plus all those PVE rewards and you have more ISO than ever before.

How many new players are doing that? How many players in the "midgame" of building a two star team are doing that?

Your numbers look right, but those aren't what the vast majority of players are seeing. And even if they were, 9,000 ISO isn't much when a single level can easily cost more than 1,000.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

How many new players are doing that? How many players in the "midgame" of building a two star team are doing that?

Your numbers look right, but those aren't what the vast majority of players are seeing. And even if they were, 9,000 ISO isn't much when a single level can easily cost more than 1,000.
    Of course you're right.
    Just because for _me_ the ISO intake accelerated doesn't mean it has for the general populace - I have no clue how it looks for people who don't know who is worth investing ISO into and who's best left at their base level.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The developers have tasked themselves with giving a monetary value to an insubstantial and ephemeral object, ISO. I do not envy them the task of having to determine the actual value of this currency. They have a baseline: 800 Iso = $2, that they have to acknowledge. They were basically giving you around $1.25 every day for defeating the level one dudes in Avengers Tower, Attacked! under the Prologue tab (something doable in a single move).

I'm not the least surprised by their decision to lower the award. I doubt any of the designers are economy majors, and even then, these free-to-play games are newly charted territory in that field. I don't fault them for responding to their data.
  • What's this magical 500 ISO reward everyone keeps talking about? I thought it was 25 ISO per alliance member. Yes, if you're in a 20-member alliance, then it used to be 20*25=500 ISO as reward. So then is (almost) everyone here in a 20-member alliance?
  • I think it's ridiculous to give the alliance iso daily bonus for a couple of days & then cut it in half. Don't they have meetings to discuss their plans? Did some minion give the bonus then their master saw the mistake & nerfed it? How unorganized & unprofessional does D3P look??!?
  • Riggy wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Seriously?

tsk tsk
    The fact that he included "Rage!" in the title made me think this was a gag post. I was rather disappointed to see it was a sincere (if rather misguided) complaint.

Riggy, the 'Rage' portion was a gag, but the complaint wasn't. I don't understand why everytime there is a negative change that affects the population base there is always someone that comes out and defends the change. You have free health care and now you've lost it? Some dude is going to complain about the dirty free-loaders. You had free soup at the soup kitchen and now it's gone? Good, those dirty homeless won't make those huge lines anymore! Get real guys, I'm not complaining about the lose of income to me. How many of you literally wake up to dozens of free gifts every day? It takes me about 5 minutes to go through them all. This affects the guy who is now in the middle of the pack and that boost helps him progress faster, plus it's a) an incentive to be in an alliance, and b) an incentive to be a daily player. Every smart person knows that incentives drive behavior, so why reduce a positive incentive? So if my complaint was misguided, please explain why it is so Riggy.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    I made about 100K ISO since Saturday morning.

The ISO payouts have increased considerably during the last 2 months or so - if you finish in a top spot in PVP your ISO intake is mad.
    Case in point: Hollowpoint Kiss.
    500 ISO for 50 Points.
    250 for 200.
    250 for 400.
    500 for 500.
    500 for 700.
    1000 for 800.
    1000 for 1000.
    2500 ISO for top 25.

That's 6500 ISO for a top 25 finish - 5500 if you only go up to 800.

On average, for a Top 1 finish, you'd get the ISO for up to 1000 (=4000) plus 3000 for the win, plus whatever you get for selling the covers you don't need.

Bowgentle, You mean to tell me that the rich get richer?!? C'mon guys, get real. Don't come bragging about how much fake in-game money you are making with top 25 finishes... What about the other 100,000 players that don't dominate every event?

Bottom-line someone decided they were being too generous. Why buy ridiculously overpriced ISO packs when they are just giving the ISO out on the street like candy? It's not being shorted 300 ISO, it's the principle of adjusting things just to drive impulse purchases up. What about character re-balancing? That's not a top priority because it alienates players and doesn't create revenue. If you remember the amount of nerd rage when Rags got **** you know what I'm talking about...

We in the forums are the vocal minority, so if we just sit back and take every negative change they make, we are just observers. Not every change has to be done to improve their bottom-line. I've argued against this nonsense before and people tell me the game is doing great financially. Well if it's doing great, then don't nickel and dime the population. You don't have to bend over every-time they affect the game negatively (Have you already forgotten the absurd drop rates from Lightning Round Tokens?). Grow a pair and say something, so that when I show this thread to ICE, we are of one mind, and not filled with developer apologists who just applaud every time we lose something.

And one more thing, this is the patch release notes:
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6458
    Where does it say there that the value has been adjusted? Someone changed a value on a database and it was not announced or part of the released features. As far as I'm concerned this is a test and they can roll it back, if the apologist crowd doesn't keep trying to convince everyone that getting less ISO is somehow a good thing.
  • Why would anyone be against this? The changes made to ISO as event rewards have been great. The more ISO we can get the better. As someone in the middle of going 2* -> 3*, I welcome all ISO. I'm never able to have more than 2-3k banked at a time because there's always someone to level up. As others have said, 500 ISO is a third or half of a level up. That's huge. This should stay as 25 ISO per active member.
  • klingsor wrote:
    So if my complaint was misguided, please explain why it is so Riggy.
    You need to be able to defend the rationale for why you should be unhappy with getting any amount of free ISO, whether it's 200 or 500. You didn't buy your alliance so you could get free ISO - at the time you made it, you had no idea what goodies were going to be given out, but we were led to believe that they would all be competitive rewards, not freebies.

So complaining that your freebies aren't as good as they used to be is a tad inane to me. The fact that you're complaining about lost income when you're in one of the most successful alliances is like the rich oil baron complaining that he's not getting as many tax breaks as the year before. It's still all free compared to the alternative (no daily reward, or no tax breaks for the oil baron).
  • Riggy wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    So if my complaint was misguided, please explain why it is so Riggy.
    You need to be able to defend the rationale for why you should be unhappy with getting any amount of free ISO, whether it's 200 or 500. You didn't buy your alliance so you could get free ISO - at the time you made it, you had no idea what goodies were going to be given out, but we were led to believe that they would all be competitive rewards, not freebies.

So complaining that your freebies aren't as good as they used to be is a tad inane to me. The fact that you're complaining about lost income when you're in one of the most successful alliances is like the rich oil baron complaining that he's not getting as many tax breaks as the year before. It's still all free compared to the alternative (no daily reward, or no tax breaks for the oil baron).

On the contrary, I think getting something for free and saying 'thank you' when it's taken away is inane. I don't complain about my lost income, I get thousands of ISO daily without playing. This is the case of the oil baron wanting to make sure everyone else gets the benefits of the tax they pay, like a new school or a new road. It's not for my 5th horse carriage (or wherever oil barons spent their wealth...) It's about making a stand against a policy that gives a little with one hand, and then takes a lot with the other. I do appreciate you trying to diminish my point by making me seem like a greedy baron, well played Riggy! I can't wait for the next Wise Moderator to call me a communist...