5 clears for max progression is too much

sinnerjfl
sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
For casual play and people used to 4 clears set as max progression, 5 clears feels like too much. That additional clear is at max scaling so it takes a while to do, its more time spent in a game mode that's super repetitive...      *sigh*

Remember when you told us "for our collective health" that progression would be 4 clears? I do, so what changed exactly?

You're gonna do more harm than good to your user base with that decision. More burnout on PVE will happen and engagement will go down. No, the additionnal rewards really don't make up for it.

4 clears was fine, go back to that...  I'd even rather we go back to the old rewards at 4 clears than this.

That decision came out of nowhere too, please reconsider that, it's a pretty big deal and it just happened out of the blue.

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I couldn't disagree more, but I never just do 4 clears.  I love the extra rewards, and hope they stay.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    My question is what do they mean by 5 clears.  Do they mean 5 in a row, or do they mean 4 in a row, wait 23 hrs, and then do the 5th.

If it's the former, I've got no problem with this.  If it's the latter.......ugh.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    sinnerjfl said:
    For casual play and people used to 4 clears set as max progression, 5 clears feels like too much. That additional clear is at max scaling so it takes a while to do, its more time spent in a game mode that's super repetitive...      *sigh*

Remember when you told us "for our collective health" that progression would be 4 clears? I do, so what changed exactly?

You're gonna do more harm than good to your user base with that decision. More burnout on PVE will happen and engagement will go down. No, the additionnal rewards really don't make up for it.

4 clears was fine, go back to that...  I'd even rather we go back to the old rewards at 4 clears than this.

That decision came out of nowhere too, please reconsider that, it's a pretty big deal and it just happened out of the blue.
    Agreed.  I was facing severe burnout before last week's deluge of bad design choices.  This did nothing but push me closer to full on quiting.  
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    My question is what do they mean by 5 clears.  Do they mean 5 in a row, or do they mean 4 in a row, wait 23 hrs, and then do the 5th.

If it's the former, I've got no problem with this.  If it's the latter.......ugh.
    You can do the 5th clear immediately and still have enough points to get max progression.

I agree with the above poster that wonders why casuals are complaining about the higher # of clears.  If you're getting max progression in every event, then you aren't a casual.  I play to checkmarks all of the time, so it doesn't matter to me.  I like the higher rewards.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I play all my nodes to green check marks (gotta get that XP), so for me the changes were nothing but goodness.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

I thought how I understood it is to do 5 you had to let the 5 recharge, but doing all 6 at once if you don't want to wait would give you max, but the posts haven't been very clear at all on this.  I think it will take a few events before we truly know.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here are some things you should consider:

1. You can still do 4 clears and get some good rewards, this should be satisfactory for casual players.
    2. The reason they implemented this (I think) is because hardcore players were going far above max progression points and getting nothing for it (other than placement rewards).  So, this partly "solves" that problem.
    3. They're trying to make players happier with more rewards and speed up overall progression in the game.

It sounds like you want higher level rewards with a casual level of play.  Adjust your expectations of rewards or amount of play.  You can't get both.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:

I thought how I understood it is to do 5 you had to let the 5 recharge, but doing all 6 at once if you don't want to wait would give you max, but the posts haven't been very clear at all on this.  I think it will take a few events before we truly know.
    I believe that Brigby explicitly stated that if you do a fifth clear immediately for 2/3 points, that 2/3 max value is the "fifth clear" point value factored into progression.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    bbigler said:

2. The reason they implemented this (I think) is because hardcore players were going far above max progression points and getting nothing for it (other than placement rewards).  So, this partly "solves" that problem.

If this is true, then the logical solution would have been to simply add more rewards above the 15 CP, instead of increasing the number of clears required and continuing to backload all the CP on the very last reward.
    Perhaps D3 is trying to give hardcore players a real advantage over casual players by moving the 15 CP to the end?