Trial of Garbage - 70%+ and holding.

Options
2»

Comments

• Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    At least there are tons of other events to play at the same time. Way too many. So you can easily ignore this one, rewards in it are totally not worth it for the difficulty and time required. Many better options around, simply play the ones most satisfying and most rewarding.

But it's a great shame, I enjoy new challenging content, it just sucks so bad it's rewards for the time spent are worse than in the other events...
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I stopped doing events when they start restricting decks to standard format. And why would they change old events like Fateful Showdown or Fate is Rarely Fair to standard? I thought they would only do that to new events. But when you restrict non-standard decks to Training Ground, that's the last straw for me
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I stopped doing events when they start restricting decks to standard format. And why would they change old events like Fateful Showdown or Fate is Rarely Fair to standard? I thought they would only do that to new events. But when you restrict non-standard decks to Training Ground, that's the last straw for me

I believe that Fateful Showdown was actually open format - they did say that PVE events (other than the competitive coalition ones) would be open and PVP would be standard.

The rewards aren't too attractive for PVE, of course, but you should at least be able to (for the most part) use all of your cards there.

• Krybaby
    Krybaby Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Been playing this game for a while. These guys have done a great job up until removing quick play and forcing us now  to change our decks before a match on new events is just stupid. Mix it up bring back quick play and some of the old events that allow custom decks.
  • voodoo_gremlin
    voodoo_gremlin Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I find it interesting there hasn't been anything official from @Brigby through all this. People are clearly disinterested in this. I'll hazard a guess that people are giving up on the event and more than a few people have quit. D3 isn't even trying to explain itself or say we should stay because of "x" reason. It's like they gave up too.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @voodoo_gremlin

It's more so I'm currently compiling feedback, and reaching out to the developers to find out the reasoning behind the increased ribbon amount needed for max progression.

Please keep in mind these are all new events too, so I personally believe it might take some time to evaluate and tweak things based on the results. 
  • voodoo_gremlin
    voodoo_gremlin Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @voodoo_gremlin

It's more so I'm currently compiling feedback, and reaching out to the developers to find out the reasoning behind the increased ribbon amount needed for max progression.

Please keep in mind these are all new events too, so I personally believe it might take some time to evaluate and tweak things based on the results. 
    Thank you.
  • Pcell777
    Pcell777 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Zeal disappears from my event list.  Did th y just remove it or just me?
  • Mickleberry
    Mickleberry Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My assumption is that events such as these end when either the boss health goes to 0% or when the next event is about 2 hours away from starting, which ever happens first.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pcell777 said:

Brigby posted the time it would end in another thread. They can't run two coalition events simultaneously, so if Zeal goes long it'll always end prior to Ambition starting.

I'm not blaming you for missing it, but this would be yet another great example of the proper time for the Powers That Be to use the in-game Inbox to communicate crucial information about their events.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pcell777 said:
    @brigby we very much appreciate the information you give us but can you please ask the devs if that sort of announcement can be made in-game? It's obvious that the majority of players don't read every single reply on every single forum post and vital information is getting missed. This sort of stuff really belongs in the inbox. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or just put a timer on the event like every other event.  But yea, using the inbox to tell me something other than training grounds has ended would be great.