People quitting

Options
2»

Comments

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I get it @Drycha I'm not thrilled about the new austerity either and people ARE quitting.  

The loss of our carefully curated collections has made the scarcity of new cards more painful than it has been in the past (it took a long time before enough people were playing enough energize cards to make it viable, you know?).

This newest update has really divided the player base into those that think deck-building is fun and those that do not... and it's not my business to tell people what fun is. Everyone's gotta figure that one out for themselves.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eglyntine said:
    This is where I am at and have been for months now. I still play because I put an ungodly and very embarrassing amount of money into this game so I am trying recover through grinding for dupes and gold while the hate consumes me.

"Mommy? Why are you so angry and yelling all of the time?"

"Magic is training me on how to become a Sith Lord Sweetheart."
    I try not to play too much around my wife, either... Now I have to include my MTGPQ playing as well as my work that I shouldn't "bring home with me"... :s
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i am losing good people following last upgrade.  Team quitting game.  Frustrated over paying for cards they can no longer use.  Events with bad rewards. Unwinable  events for most as card sets wrong. 
    Frustration is very high and even long term players are throwing in the towel. 
    Id hate to be a noob coming into game as it would seem an impossible chanllange and if that she the game why bother. 

If the 4 hour recharge is a permanent fixture for the main coalition event, we will see even more quit. This scales up the grind to a level we previously concurred was unenjoyable for many.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    gruntface said:
    i am losing good people following last upgrade.  Team quitting game.  Frustrated over paying for cards they can no longer use.  Events with bad rewards. Unwinable  events for most as card sets wrong. 
    Id hate to be a noob coming into game as it would seem an impossible chanllange and if that she the game why bother. 

If the 4 hour recharge is a permanent fixture for the main coalition event, we will see even more quit. This scales up the grind to a level we previously concurred was unenjoyable for many.

I am one of the players that will think hard about quitting. 4 hour recharge time is not sustainable for me anymore. I'm already burned out by all the events and the constant pressure of participation. Luckily I'm F2P. Haven't dumped a penny into this game, but I do like the concept of the game and I managed the game pretty well compared to the whales. I don't want the feeling that I'm missing out on the game and I certainly don't want the anxious feeling that my nodes have recharged to their maximum and REQUIRE to play to keep them from hitting the ceiling again. No, that's not my idea of fun and RELAXATION. I have other things to do as well next to my job and family.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This newest update has really divided the player base into those that think deck-building is fun and those that do not... and it's not my business to tell people what fun is. Everyone's gotta figure that one out for themselves.
    And yet, you've divided the players into those who like fun who are staying and those who don't who are leaving. Thanks for that.
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can attest to the current game state causing quitting in abundance. Half of the top 10 coalition I co-lead (#8 overall) have quit, with another 5-7 players have quit recently (BEFORE Amonkhet) due to nerfed rewards, the ridiculousness of Baral, lame events (I'm looking at you Fate Is Rarely Fair), too many Revolt against the Consulate events, and now, this new standard (read: ****) environment.

Also @Brigby, wasn't cast vs summon settled a long ways back?? Why is it that spells and supports are cast and creatures are summoned in event objectives - it's the incorrect wording as per D3's own fix from many months ago! *eyeroll*

Also #2 @Brigby, why wasn't Neheb fixed with the recent patch? His and Temmet's mana gains are identical. Problem is, Neheb is black/red. Why does he gain +6 for white/blue like Temmet, who is, you guessed it!, properly white/blue? It's the little things like these, that we the player base, see so frequently with each update or continually see with each oversight that it's no wonder we are constantly bashing the developers for being invalids... because, well, the evidence supports incompetence. The previous "attack" was as light and friendly as I could put into words. Warn me or whatever, if you must, but please see that these little things are addressed. It was an absolute failure on the developers part that we suffered through an event at least twice where neither Neheb nor the Gods of Amonkhet abilities were stated at all.

I love this game. I want it to succeed. I'm not a hater. I expect better. #rantover.
  • Sarahschmara
    Options
    shteev said:

And yet, you've divided the players into those who like fun who are staying and those who don't who are leaving. Thanks for that.
    Oops. That's not quite the interpretation I meant people to make. I should try to be more precise with my language. 

Different people have different ideas of fun and that's ok. One of the things I've noticed that some players are very much enjoying (among the laundry list of complaints) is the creative process of figuring out the most effective decks given a limited selection. Other players seem to absolutely hate this part.

It's a bit different than other changes to the game (e.g. The four hour recharge on the current ToZ) that tend to unite the players. 

I didn't mean to imply judgement one way or another.
  • shteev
    Options
    shteev said:

Oops. That's not quite the interpretation I meant people to make. I should try to be more precise with my language.
    S'ok. Im just taking umbrage with your simplified split of the players. I'd probably be quite enjoying buiding new decks if cycling didn't render the whole process pointless.
  • Sarahschmara
    Options
    shteev said:

S'ok. Im just taking umbrage with your simplified split of the players. I'd probably be quite enjoying buiding new decks if cycling didn't render the whole process pointless.
    Fair enough! Perhaps deckbuilding is still a fun challenge because I don't have enough cycling cards yet :wink:
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And now imagine how those people feel with 4-hour refreshes!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not enough new cards. Too much effort for little payoff... They don't even give you enough cards to buy! 
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bugs, unresponsive support tickets, server connection issues wasting nodes...  D3 sure does provide a lot in the way of reasons to quit.
  • shteev
    Options
    I really wonder if its a strategy to weed out the free players who do nothing but take up time on the servers.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can attest that this format is, essentially, broken already. Trial of zeal is a good example. Don't have Drake haven and cast out? Good luck, bruh. Do have them and you have to seriously punt to lose. At the same time the ai is a simpleton. Cycling decks are hilariously bad if you actually cast your cards, so they equal free wins. I do really enjoy deck building outside of blue and white still. 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @shteev
    That may very well be the case but I am one weed they won't be able to get rid of very easily.
  • ridfrenzy
    ridfrenzy Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev said:
    I really wonder if its a strategy to weed out the free players who do nothing but take up time on the servers.
    Seems more like they just want to get rid of pretty much everyone at this point! ;)
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phillmoore is hitting the nail on the head.

No game should be designed by people that don't play it with their own money.

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    S'ok. Im just taking umbrage with your simplified split of the players. I'd probably be quite enjoying buiding new decks if cycling didn't render the whole process pointless hadn't ruined my wrists.