$2 vs $10

2»

Comments

• Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    I voted VIP, simply because I think it's the best deal.

5 months x $2 in HP purchases will net you 1000 HPs over those 5 months.

1 month x $10 in VIP purchase will net you 600 HPs, a fair bit of ISO, 9 command points, 2 Legendary Tokens, and several Heroic Tokens (each worth roughly 100 HPs each, if using the "daily deals" pricing) over the course of 1 month.  If you renew at the end, you and your alliance get 1CP, bringing the total to 10 CP over the month.

It all depends on your budget, of course.  I personally like the VIP as a better value.  However, both methods will give you intercepts, which I like primarily for the additional ISO and Tokens.

They need to drastically improve VIP rewards. 28 days with several of them small iso amounts.
    I gotta say, I do get a little sad on the days where I'm only getting 500 ISO, but that's mainly because it's so lackluster compared to all the other rewards, even the days you get 1000 ISO.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Dayv said:
    They need to drastically improve VIP rewards. 28 days with several of them small iso amounts.
    Compare the total benefits of VIP to any other purchase and you'll see that it's the best deal in the game.
    So you are arguing for them NOT gIving paying players more rewards. Good job, do you work for D3, Marvel or Demiurge? Just curious.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv said:
    Compare the total benefits of VIP to any other purchase and you'll see that it's the best deal in the game.
    So you are arguing for them NOT gIving paying players more rewards. Good job, do you work for D3, Marvel or Demiurge? Just curious.
    And to think, it looked like I simply said that VIP was a good deal when compared to other in-game purchases, but you've cracked the code.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well now the $2 monthly purchase is actually the best dollar for in-game reward value but Dayv is correct, VIP is the next best purchase for what you receive compared to just buying HP and especially in just buying iso.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    If you're a PvE player, intercepts would bring in around 150-200k iso, 75-100 elite/heroic tokens, 1000hp and maybe 10 cp.

That's almost the equivalent of a Stark salary (for 2 40packs) and 2 mother lodes!

It should be quite obvious that none of the purchasable goods come even close to that value.

If I had to rank them, it'd be
    1. anything to get the rewards
    distant 2. VIP
    3. HP packages
    got lost somewhere on track and never made it to the finish line: ISO packages
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Telling a company that their product is adequate because it's the only decent item they have for sale means they won't actually improve it. See Apple, Microsoft, et. al. VIP can't be that popular.