$2 vs $10

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Given the chose to spend $2 per month on a tiny purchase or $10 for for VIP, what gives better rewards?

$2/month for 5 months gives 5 months of Shield Intercepts, whereas $10 gives gives one month of VIP and one month of Shield Intercepts.

I think that $2 is a better deal, because it gives you five times the Intercept rewards, plus it's easier for me to earn $2 per month from Google surveys than $10 per month (since I only earn around $0.20 per survey, and I only get a new survey around once per week).

The $2 purchase itself is pretty much worthless, but it's valuable for all of the Shield Intercepts you'll get. The $10 VIP is a much better value than the $2 purchase, but even the VIP rewards aren't super valuable to me on their own, which is why I didn't rush out to get them.

The Shield Intercepts are the only things that matter to me!! Those are great rewards!

$2 vs $10 78 votes

$2 per month
57% 45 votes
$10 for VIP each month
42% 33 votes

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Since the intercept rewards far outstrip the value of any directly purchasable good, you get far more value per $ from the cheapest purchase.

On average, 1 month of shield intercepts yielded about $2-300 worth of iso purchases.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    VIP includes CP and LTs (and some CP for your whole alliance if you streak).  $2 will never get you any of that.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    there are good rewards in VIP, personally I like fast healing - With my playing style and VIP healing I rarely have to worry about health packs-

Considering the rewards and the fact that I get hours and hours of entertainment a month for 10$, VIP is worth it for me-
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I voted for VIP, just because I've done that since its inception (although have nearly dropped it twice). Your poll actually has me thinking now about what to do. Based on some decisions I wasn't pleased with, I was going to quit the VIP. But I liked getting the freebies and not having to watch the videos. Now that videos are removed, there is actually a greater appeal to me to spend $8 less per month to get the freebies. Now, if VIP really made me feel like I was a true leg up on non-VIPs, then it would be an easy $10/month. But that's a different topic altogether.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about the choice to stay pure F2P?
  • mpqr7
    JVReal said:
    What about the choice to stay pure F2P?
    This poll is for people who want to spend in order to get the Shield Intercepts. If people don't want to spend, then that is fine. But I was very curious to get the feedback specifically on people who will spend.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was looking at VIP last night. 700 HP, 9000 ISO, 6 Heroic Tokens, 2 Legendary Tokens, 9 CP over 28 days. An additional 1 CP to the alliance for renewal. 6 Heroic Tokens equates to 6 daily Heroic pulls (600 HP value). 2 Legendary Tokens equates to 2 Latest Legends (50 CP value). So break it down to a value of 1300 HP, 9000 ISO, 59/60 CP.
    Intercept value is harder to calculate. Being based on actually playing, and only on the PVE side, and only random based on completing a PVE mission, then you won't benefit if you are mostly PVP, and Boss events and 2-day sub chapters hurts the benefit of intercepts.
    Overall, VIP by itself is better, but I can see the benefit of $2 a month if you're doing the survey thing people have mentioned.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    For me personally, I plan on spending the $2 a month.  I rarely ever have a need for additional health packs (with the possible exception of durring LR's if I have a PVP ending as well).  The only resource I truly need more of is ISO and the 9k ISO over 28 days just doesn't equate to much for me personally.  The intercept rewards I'd be getting from the $2 buy (assuming they're roughly equal to the intercepts I've been been getting) have been GREAT value to me.  I think I average somewhere around 100HP, 5k in ISO and 4 tokens give or take.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

From a straight resource standpoint we really don't have a good idea how much swag will be included in this intercept replacement, given that the DDQ got sweetened by about 3k iso and 10 HP a day...  

If its exactly the same as intercept rewards were, then the difference in ISO and HP between the baseline $2 and VIP $10 is going to be a very small percentage... CP might be twice as much with VIP...  

VIP gives you an LT which you could value at 25CP to make it an apples to apples comparison, in which case I'd guess VIP is probably 3x more profitable than the intercept alone w.r.t. CP.

Its hard to quantify the heal bonus VIP gives, no idea how to factor that in...   If I'm being objecting, I have a hard time finding VIP to be a full 5 times more valuable than a $2 purchase...  that said I think theres pretty good odds I go with VIP instead of a $2 purchase next time...

• Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    6 Heroic Tokens equates to 6 daily Heroic pulls (600 HP value). 2 Legendary Tokens equates to 2 Latest Legends (50 CP value). So break it down to a value of 1300 HP, 9000 ISO, 59/60 CP.
    I get where you're going with this, but tokens aren't really worth as much as their asking price in liquid currency unless that's exactly how you'd plan to spend it. Ten heroic tokens are hardly worth as much to me as 1 extra roster slot. Especially considering that you can't stockpile Heroic tokens to cash them in for the 10-pack or 40-pack bonus.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    What is is this $2 you speak of....

I've been doing VIP ever since they rolled it out, and I buy a stark maybe once a month. What does $2 actually get you, and where in the game are you being prompted for it? 
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    VIP includes CP and LTs (and some CP for your whole alliance if you streak).  $2 will never get you any of that.
    Odd, since the helpshift for bonus rewards says CP is one of them.
  • Nick9819
    Nick9819 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    yes the intercepts give CP.  I personally think the biggest difference is the two LTs in the VIP,  so it comes down to how much you value those LTs. are two LTs worth the extra $8 a month to you
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I've bought 2 months of VIP but didn't really feel it was worth it. Now I just either buy Bugle Pittance or Logan's Loonies monthly, depending on how rich I'm feeling or if there is a sale on.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    for $10 assuming that the reward rate stays the same 5 months of shield intercepts and 1000HP will easily outpace 1 month of intercepts and VIP rewards.

I mean heck, I can see the value of the legendary tokens, but odds are you won't get a 5*, meanwhile the extra tokens from shield intercepts will likely get you a 4* character at least every other month if you play a decent amount of PVE.

either way though the big thing is that the intercepts will get you way more iso... and in the end that is all that really matters.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I voted for VIP, since you're reminded to renew automatically, and you get 2 LT and 9 CP (+1 for renewing).

You'll lose out on bonus rewards if you forget to purchase a Bugle Pittance or Dead Drop after 28 days. Though that may not exactly be worth the extra $8/month, I think the rest of the rewards are.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is is this $2 you speak of....

I've been doing VIP ever since they rolled it out, and I buy a stark maybe once a month. What does $2 actually get you, and where in the game are you being prompted for it? 
    Next time you buy a Stark, look to the left a bit. You'll see it. You're just used to playing on the other side of that street. ;)
  • mpqr7
    Wow, I'm honestly impressed that with 54 votes, it's evenly split, 50/50. Looks like we are literally divided on the benefits of each. I'm actually happy to see that different people find one a better option than the other, ie they each have their own strengths.

It also I think depends on what your budget is in terms of video game spending.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    They need to drastically improve VIP rewards. 28 days with several of them small iso amounts.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    They need to drastically improve VIP rewards. 28 days with several of them small iso amounts.
    Compare the total benefits of VIP to any other purchase and you'll see that it's the best deal in the game.