Do you play on Steam?

2»

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Steam player here.  My friend and alliance member plays on iPhone and I simply amazed at how bad the interface was when I see him playing. It is probably the only real advantage Steam users have over mobile players.  That being said, there has always been a significant player advantage to playing on phones and there still and always will be.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    ursopro said:
    I just wish they implement save syncing between Steam and mobile devices down the road :|

To me, this would actually be a great benefit for every player and perhaps one of the biggest additions that they could add to the game.  Allows Steam players to play on phone when they can't be at computer and allows mobile players to play on the much superior interface when they are at home etc.  Wins for both platforms I would think.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Yes
    Started on Steam around the beginning. Stopped for a couple years, though, after pvp burnout. Came back to Steam as casual.
  • Elauric
    Elauric Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Yes
    My main is on steam but I have a mobile account just so I can check things while I'm out. There is nothing more I would like than to be able to jump back and forth between mobile and steam using the same account.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    I play mostly on steam but occasionally on iOS.  Once I discovered chrome remote desktop, most of my reasons for playing on iOS dissolved.  I can play remotely on my iPad using my steam account, with fewer problems if I lose signal or need to multitask.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    The results of this are surprising to me and make me wonder if most non-steam users saw the thread title and just skipped it.  
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    No
    If I could use the same save on both Android phone an Steam, I probably would play the Steam version at least half the time.  I play a lot during my work commute (which was why I started in the first place; something to do to pass the time).
    But no way am I starting over, even if the UI for the PC version is light years better with every interface.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    No
    I'd be lying if I said I fully knew what Steam was. I think a few "Steamers" have explained it to me before but they caught me at the wrong time and I didn't really listen.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    The results of this are surprising to me and make me wonder if most non-steam users saw the thread title and just skipped it.  
    That may be part of it, but I also think there just might be more active forum goers in the Steam player base, as it's a lot easier to do some browsing in between when you're playing on a desktop computer. When I'm playing on my tablet it's inconvenient to switch to a browser and navigate the forums.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    I really want they allow us to play on multiple devices.
    It is so hard to be competitve Steam player.
    Just imagene that you need be at home before computer in that particular time.
    It is problem with LRs, no FB friends
    (Im glad devs atleast turned off intercepts..)