Do you play on Steam?

Ducky
Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So I was wondering how many people on the forum actually play on Steam since we finally got included in a new feature (or rather a reroll of an existing one). So let's hear it!

Do you play on Steam? 122 votes

Yes
50%
Elric_VIIIThanosDragon_NexusCymminafavabearVohnkarTwystaSolidQSpiritclawsinnerjflzulux21DuckyNeuromancerrixmithbabinroWolarsenSnowcaTTHoutroregaldElauric 62 votes
No
49%
PuceMoosePorkBellyStarfuryKolenceahunter5LegallyUndeadkillercoolxKOBALTxJamieMadroxseshomaslaxer723TaganovDeNappaTheRealJRadTiggidafmftintJVRealswordfishdatampqr7Trilateralus 60 votes

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Yes
    The UI is so nice in the Steam version :)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    I would love to play on Steam if I was able to also play on my mobile on-the-go, like Nintendo Switch
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Yes
    I would love to play on Steam if I was able to also play on my mobile on-the-go, like Nintendo Switch
    it doesn't take much to run MPQ.
    you could buy a cheap windows tablet to run MPQ and hotspot the tablet off your phone that can stay in your pocket :P

oh hey it autoshows what I voted.
    not like anyone who looks at my post history couldn't instantly tell I was on steam lol.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Yes
    Started on Steam, wanted to switch to mobile but back in those days I was on a Windows phone.

I wouldn't want to put up with the mobile interface now, and having it on a desktop is a great excuse to limit my playtime.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    No
    Started on Steam, saw that I couldn't compete and quit. When the game landed on Amazon's app store, I started again on mobile. 

I really miss the Steam UI.
  • TiberiusKhan
    TiberiusKhan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Yes
    Two words : Windows Phone
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    Steam UI is infinitely better, but they've done a great job of making me regret my choice.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Started on Steam on my laptop back when I was in school. I dabble on mobile, but I could never have become a serious MPQ player on a screen that size.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Wow, so many Steamers.

LOSERS! HAHAHAHA!

PS: Can we get a nicer interface like the Steam losers got?
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    I just wish they implement save syncing between Steam and mobile devices down the road :|

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Yes and No.

My main account is on iOS, mobile.

My alternate (for alliance use, and to see the play differences) account is on Steam.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Definately this.  I had a second account on steam, well still do I guess.  I like the steam interface better, but would not be able to keep up with the pace of this games' crazy requirements if I could only do it at my PC.
  • Ducky
    Yes
    Wow, so many Steamers.

LOSERS! HAHAHAHA!

PS: Can we get a nicer interface like the Steam losers got?
    You will suffer with your inferior UI and like it! And I will assume that was said in jest and not an attack ;)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    I'm surprised at the results so far.  Who knew the forums skewed that way.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    I voted no because I'm playing on iOS, but I did make an alternative account once on Steam that I occassionally play. It was to check out the Steam version and also to experience the low-level starting out game again because it had been so long for me. (One of the major differences I noticed was that matches take like forever with 1-2* characters that are badly covered, because power damage is so low and you're basically forced to match enemies to death :mrgreen:.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    No
    This survey will get skewed results because Steam users are far more likely to vote.

If you want more accurate results, I'd suggest just asking what platform people play on primarily.
  • Ducky
    Yes
    @Pants1000 The goal of the poll as stated in the OP was just to find out who plays on Steam, not to compare who plays on what platform. Using a poll was just the most efficient way to do this as people are much more likely to click on a button than to post.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    No
    Pants1000 said:
    This survey will get skewed results because Steam users are far more likely to vote.

If you want more accurate results, I'd suggest just asking what platform people play on primarily.
    If they want accurate results, they'll have to ask the devs.

My first MPQ life actually started on steam, when I rejoined I started on android, thinking I could sync.
    Two weeks ago I installed the Steam version again, thinking that by now, surely I could sync and I could at least play PvP there without losing out on Intercepts.

What a naive fool I am sometimes..
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Long time steamer
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    With all the threads getting capriciously moved lately I half expected this to be moved or locked because "yes" and "no" were somehow insufficient answers.