Does Vaulting solve the problem of all types of dilution?

1235»

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    Partyof5 said:
    Maybe we need a poll asking "Did this change increase or decrease your enjoyment of this game".  Or one the devs may look at: "Did this change result in you spending more or less money". 

This has decreased my enjoyment.  I now feel like I should hoard tokens and CP rather than cash in the rewards of my work.  Instead of looking forward to pulling a War Machine or Hulkbuster, I have to worry about pulling a Riri or Agent Coulsen.  I would rather get to choose what characters to pull from than have them filtered down for me.  BH helps some of that, but vaulting offsets any good that has done.  I don't want every character now, but I would like to build my favorites first.   
    This is such backward logic.  You couldn't choose anything in the old system.  You had a 1 in infinity shot at the character you wanted.  Oh you don't want Riri or Coulsen in the new system?  Well guess who you still could have pulled in the old system?  Riri and Coulsen.  Now you can actually choose what characters to pull with bonus heroes - set War Machine and IMHB as your BH and you will cover them faster than under the old system and you will never have to worry about pulling a Riri or Coulsen as your BH because you ACTUALLY CHOOSE now.  Before you could only build your favorites first if you pulled covers for them and the odds of that happening was incredibly and increasingly low.  Now you do actually get to choose who your favorites are and build them first.  

You basically just said "I don't like vaulting because it allows me to do everything that I felt like I could do in the old system but really had absolutely no control over."
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    New McG said:

Think of it in terms of the wheel from "Wheel of Fortune"....
    Oh, they know what it means. But they can't admit it and still vote no, so here we are. Bad poll is bad.
    Well, I like to think that practical examples will be helpful. I'm probably mistaken, but I like to think that. I guess I'm ever the optimis... Ah man, I almost got through that with a straight face. (Also, I see the wording of the original post has now been completely changed, rendering the results ever more meaningless.)
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    Beer40 said:
    We aren't all on the same page with the definition of dilution. For this poll, dilution is simply weakening or watering down of something. 

People have expressed that Vaulting was created to help with pack dilution. Do you think this is working and solves the problem?
    Others feel by locking off higher champ levels and certain characters, that Vaulting is creating a roster dilution (weakening). Do you feel Vaulting is diluting your potential roster strength?

My apologies for not being more clear from the start and for also resorting to name calling.
    You. You are the one who feels this, and you're now projecting it onto the poll results as a whole by changing the entire nature of the poll. 

Re-wording this post has rendered this poll irrelevant. It's akin to putting up a poll asking "do you love steak?" and then changing it later to "are hot dogs your favorite food?" and keeping everyone's answers the same.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Beer40 said:
    We aren't all on the same page with the definition of dilution. For this poll, dilution is simply weakening or watering down of something. 

People have expressed that Vaulting was created to help with pack dilution. Do you think this is working and solves the problem?
    Others feel by locking off higher champ levels and certain characters, that Vaulting is creating a roster dilution (weakening). Do you feel Vaulting is diluting your potential roster strength?

My apologies for not being more clear from the start and for also resorting to name calling.
    You should just start a new poll for this, if you really think the answer will be somehow more enlightening than the hundreds of vaulting threads that have already been done.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Yes
    *Since this poll is attempting to answer multiple questions with one set of answers I am closing it. If the OP wants to focus in on token dilution as the main question and branch off another thread for the other issue, I will reopen the thread*
This discussion has been closed.