Does heroes for hire mean that we should never direct buy. . .

2»

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I am just into the phase where I don't have anything to spend HP on other than slots with new character releases.

I have one 4* champ, BH has been **** since I have only ever had 1 4* BH pull.  For me there are only very specific covers I would buy.  Quake, because I have always wanted to champ her (need 3 more), non-red Peggys (I am up to 14 red covers so far) and the next Starlord will allow me to champ him.   If it lasts until Medusa's yellow comes around again I will buy that to champ her as well.

I don't have much else that I feel compelled to buy.  Vaulting came just as I was starting to get a nice set of covers for the existing 4* and now that has been shut off.  I don't get many 4* from heroics, only when I spend CP or get an LT for one reason or another.  So most of the available 12 are not well built except for the ones mentioned above.

I will say that I would buy more if I wasn't at the **** 3600HP price point.  That this "blind" price test is still happening is borderline sadistic.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

I'm at a similar place as deadtaco in that there aren't many ways to make HP useful...   I stopped at 160 slots, and occasionally throw some more HP into roster slots...  don't yet have any dupe 3*s, use minimal HP for PvP shielding.

Prior to the HfH store I'd drop 100HP on the daily deal for a vault with a 4* I needed.

While I think the HfH store is a woefully inadequate alternative for acquiring the retired 4* that have arisen from the vaulting fiasco, I'm going to take advantage of a cover I need being sold for HP.  That said the availability of specific covers is pretty low, each specific cover will take somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5 months before we see it again. 

Another point here is that you can't use CP to add a champion level to a character, but you can buy one via this store....  As the more serious players continue along the path of getting 13 covers for new 4*s before they retire the backlog of 4*s that have less than 13 covers will only ever shrink, limiting your options for using CP to develop 4*s.