Buy Carnage today from hero for hire to encourage daily crash

Arix90
Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
so today is the first day heroes for hire is in sync with the crash, if alot of people buy carange today it is possible they will realize heroes for hire would be much more profitable if it were inline with the crash, and since heroes is daily, maximum profit for d3 =daily crash with heroes for hire in sync

Comments

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    What is the point? If you only have 1 Carnage cover you sure aren't going to beat anyone.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Personally i had 5 cover carnage couldnt beat it bought the sixth and beat it and got a 5*  i woul def pay the 2500 hp more often if it was in sync with the crashes

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I have carnage at 11 covers. I'd buy one if I had the hp to spare. 
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Its funny because i was just thinking that they should run a node that rewards a cover for free that runs simultaneously with the corresponding crash.

It's really not fair to newer players that they have very little opportunity to cover these characters that run in the event. And if the new design philosophy is all about nurturing newer players its the least they could do. Its not like one free four star cover is going to break the bank.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could buy it (2500 price, and I have 7355 HP).

It would put my 4/5/3 Carnage at max covers and make him champable but I am so Iso-starved I don't really see the point.

2500 is still a lot and by the time I get the iso to replenish my 2-farm, get the iso to champ 3Lord, get the the Iso to champ whatever other covers trickle in (only have 2 latest champs and am full- on hoarding), and THEN get the iso for Carnage, I'd probably have gotten his cover through other means.

I do have his red and green in the taco vault though and have 70 pulls.  Tempted there, but doubt I'd get lucky.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

It would put my 4/5/3 Carnage at max covers and make him champable but I am so Iso-starved I don't really see the point.

2500 is still a lot and by the time I get the iso to replenish my 2-farm, get the iso to champ 3Lord, get the the Iso to champ whatever other covers trickle in (only have 2 latest champs and am full- on hoarding), and THEN get the iso for Carnage, I'd probably have gotten his cover through other means.

I do have his red and green in the taco vault though and have 70 pulls.  Tempted there, but doubt I'd get lucky.
    You're
     not getting more covers for him anytime soon, so you don't need to put ISO into him. Red is his best power anyway, so it's not a bad investment.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Nope, they need to keep it in line with the daily burrito.   Maybe they can schedule the crash to follow the burrito instead.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not buying anything for 3600 HP nor should any player with the 3600 HP "deal" buy this **** either.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I don't often check the heroes for hire store, but they could place an indicator for characters who would be featured in the upcoming Crash.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I don't often check the heroes for hire store, but when I do I don't spend $25 on a single cover when $10 plus a month gets me two 4*.

--Khanwulf
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

You're
     not getting more covers for him anytime soon, so you don't need to put ISO into him. Red is his best power anyway, so it's not a bad investment.
    @Quebster (or anyone else), I posted in our alliance chat I have a Carnage Red/Black in my Taco vault and 90 pulls. Would it make more sense to try there for my last Carnage?  I just hate pulling a billion health packs before I need them.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I'm dreaming about that 4th cover for my Carnage, that will get me nowhere. I'm also happy that I was selected for extra special 3600hp offer, while others can buy it for 2500hp.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Quebbster said:

You're
    @Quebster (or anyone else), I posted in our alliance chat I have a Carnage Red/Black in my Taco vault and 90 pulls. Would it make more sense to try there for my last Carnage?  I just hate pulling a billion health packs before I need them.
    You have a 51% chance of pulling at least one cover.

Whether it's worth to champion a character you'll (under current rules) pull maybe 5 more covers in the next few years is another question.
  • TheChaoGoesMu
    TheChaoGoesMu Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Waaaaaiiitttt a minute, some people's heroes for hire is only 2500hp? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Yes, but the 3600 HP package has more ISO and Elite tokens. The consensus here is that it does not make up for the price difference though.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I don't know how many Carnage covers I've sold over the years, so I'm definitely not shelling out 3600 HP for a single cover, even though I've now got him in my roster.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plot twist, OP is an agent provocateur for the devs trying to drive revenue.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see how buying that will encourage daily crash.  if anything it would have the opposite effect and encourage them selling character rather then letting us win them.

I've bought 2 from the H4H store and intend to never buy any more.  I only bought the 2 because they were top tier vaulted 4*s near 13 covers with 0 for their first slot.
    Iceman - 0/5/5
    Thoress - 0/5/5

Most of my top tiers are champed or close so unless they drop the price I'm probably done with that store forever.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    Yeah, there's a FAQ snippet about this. I'll find it if you wait for a while (but it makes not too much sense)
    Found it super-fast!
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=common-questions&f=why-am-i-seeing-different-store-offers-and-pricing-than-others&l=en
    This is the main reason I'll never do these, even when I'm REALLY tempted. It's just not fair that someone else can get the same cover for 1100 less HP, which definitely doesn't grow on trees.