Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JablesMc said:
    Tony Foot said:
    JablesMc said:
    @Vhailorx, you make a good point. In rereading, I may have been wrong.
    It's only taken me 27 years of using the internet, from the days of dial up, but I did it in the end! Found the only person on a chat forum to find a post that makes them change their stance.

I owe you one drink!

A) Hold your horses, hurry up harry, I used the qualifier "may". I only allowed for the theoretical possibility. It would have broken the NSA tracking sub-routine if I'd actually admitted anything like a change of heart, thereby crashing the internet.

Day ruined, I thought it was too good to be true :D
    JablesMc said:

2) I gift my drink to Craig for the next episode, as I can only imagine how hilarious his "slurry-aoke" would be.

Wait... you mean he's been singing sober this whole time?
    MPQ's Conway Twitty.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Coming soon to the Soon-to-be-named-network...Craig reviews early 90s MTV Buzz clips... On this week's episode we debate Screaming Trees's seminal classic "nearly lost you" with the surprisingly popular song "Cannonball" by the Breeders..."

would listen, as long as the singing is at a minimum.
    also: should you feel confident that you should champ all 4*s because they will eventually rework them ala Starlord and Wasp?
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "Coming soon to the Soon-to-be-named-network...Craig reviews early 90s MTV Buzz clips... On this week's episode we debate Screaming Trees's seminal classic "nearly lost you" with the surprisingly popular song "Cannonball" by the Breeders..."
    I love the Screaming Trees!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

should you feel confident that you should champ all 4*s because they will eventually rework them ala Starlord and Wasp?
    That's definitely my philosophy. It's much less stressful than worrying about trying to roster and champ only the "good" characters. And there are really very few 4*s nowadays that are truly bad, and even fewer that you can pull covers for easily (I think Mordo and Riri are the least popular of the current 12, and they're both more usable than Eddie Vedder, imo. Venom. I mean Venom. >.>)
  • shartattack
    Options

should you feel confident that you should champ all 4*s because they will eventually rework them ala Starlord and Wasp?
    That's definitely my philosophy. It's much less stressful than worrying about trying to roster and champ only the "good" characters. And there are really very few 4*s nowadays that are truly bad, and even fewer that you can pull covers for easily (I think Mordo and Riri are the least popular of the current 12, and they're both more usable than Eddie Vedder, imo. Venom. I mean Venom. >.>)
    I champed Riri and I have a fully covered Mordo.  Looking forward to Boosted Riri destroying with her red next week.  I like the idea of Mordo.  Not many characters generate black. I'm hoping once they rework him, he will be greatly improved, and the community has done a pretty good job of predicting the characters in dire need of help(with the exception of the Venoms)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    I don't have any problem with Agent Venom, actually. His Red isn't particularly notable, but his Black is vicious for only 5 AP, and Take Cover is pretty usable. I champed him in time for him to be boosted along with Peggy the last time, and that was an amazing team (and it wasn't all Peggy, either). Take Cover was handy there for keeping Peggy above the 50% health threshold and I could frequently fire Military Might twice in a row to take out the one enemy not stunned by Peggy.

IMO, he's no worse than any of those other 4*s that are average normally but wreck stuff hard when boosted (Wolverine, War Machine, Winter Soldier are in that camp, I would say)

Could he use a buff? I wouldn't say no, Symbiotic Assault is pretty meh (dat art, tho). He probably suffers most from not having as much natural synergy with others. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* Thanos, Agent Venom, and 4Blade have become my go-to team for taking out the first 4 clears of early nodes within a few minutes. The match is usually over within 3 turns max. AV's black does 4500 damage for only 5 black, Blade throws out a couple strike tiles just in case you aren't able to quickly make black matches, and the team gets Thanosed to death.
  • shartattack
    Options
    PS: Why is this in the character discussion forum?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Because Craig is such a character.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Because Craig is such a character.

Image result for rimshot meme

Try the Veal, don't forget to tip your waitresses.

• shartattack
    Options
    5* Thanos, Agent Venom, and 4Blade have become my go-to team for taking out the first 4 clears of early nodes within a few minutes. The match is usually over within 3 turns max. AV's black does 4500 damage for only 5 black, Blade throws out a couple strike tiles just in case you aren't able to quickly make black matches, and the team gets Thanosed to death.
    I tried Agent Venom, 3Strange and Thanos for superquick early rounds.  That cheap black is great.  Thanks for the idea!