More fuel for the confirmation-bias fire... *sigh*

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    mexus said:
    Prepare to cough up 1000 more for Rocket & Groot, 1000 more for Drax, 1000 more for Gamora, 1000 more for Star Lord. :)

This movie event is straining my resources.  I usually have enough positive HP flow to easily roster the new releases buy dailies, and shield appropriately to earn the 4* without spending.  Here we got 3* Starlord, I "lucked" into 5* Starlord, got a couple covers of 5* Hawkeye which I'd previously not rostered, and then 4* Grocket.  I'm back down below 1k with Gamora coming up.  And Drax is coming, too?

Luckily the early season PVP hasn't been quite as punishing as the end of last season on me.  I've gotten away without having to spend quite so much shielding.  Time to stop spending on the lotto draws, though.

I cleared out the Star-Lord vault and was very short on HP after that. My solution for roster spots was to sell off a maxchamped two-star and not rostering a replacement immediately, it bought me enough time to get the HP for more roster slots.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    CNash said:
    Every time a new character is added to the general token pool, I end up getting one of their covers almost immediately, which either makes me very "lucky" (confirmation bias) or suggests that the odds on brand new characters aren't the same as other 4*s.

Now I have to scrounge up another 1000 HP for a roster slot for Cloak & Dagger. Gee, thanks! I'd much rather have had a cover for a 4* that was closer to 13 covers than for another new character that I won't use for months (as the rate at which I obtain LTs and CP is decidedly not optimal).

I know what you mean, I have not been spending any CP's or opening any LT's at the moment (was waiting until next season to have some HP's stashed to roster any of the 5 chars I don't have (all 3 new 5*'s and 4* C&D and R&bG) 

Yet, I pulled a C&D from a Heroic token on Saturday, barely a day after being added to packs, it does always seem to give you the chars you don't have yet

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I have 11/12 of the current 4* crop rostered, so I figured I was more or less safe to stop hoarding and start opening LTs and spending CP again, and get Cloak & Dagger dropped in my lap.

If it was a new 5* I'd probably just sell it, as they're never featured. But I'm just ramping up as a 4* player (six 4* champions so far, all vaulted ones of course), I need to bulk up my 4* roster. If I ditch this C&D cover now, I'll be 13 covers away from a fully-covered 4* instead of 12, and every little helps.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    This should be stickied at the top of every thread complaining about rewards structure and frequency. Some posters seem to think that casual play (logging in daily to play DDQ or knock out a few easy pve nodes) should be enough to get you 5* covers.  
    The problem is that casual play halts you at the 3* tier (and if you're doing green check clears, even suboptimally, I don't consider you a casual player). DDQ is good enough to collect a 3* cover a day, which, for the truly casual, is still roster progress, albeit on a scale of years.  But the Big Burrito nodes are gated by having a 4* cover, which vaulting has all but closed off for new transitioners.  Your only other sources of CP are the lowest PvE CP progression reward, or 2* farming, either of which probably means a 4* pull every month or so.  Pre-vaulting, you could take your time and possibly, with luck, cobble together a usable 4*.  Under the new system, I'd say it's impossible for casuals to do so.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    This should be stickied at the top of every thread complaining about rewards structure and frequency. Some posters seem to think that casual play (logging in daily to play DDQ or knock out a few easy pve nodes) should be enough to get you 5* covers.  
    The problem is that casual play halts you at the 3* tier (and if you're doing green check clears, even suboptimally, I don't consider you a casual player). DDQ is good enough to collect a 3* cover a day, which, for the truly casual, is still roster progress, albeit on a scale of years.  But the Big Burrito nodes are gated by having a 4* cover, which vaulting has all but closed off for new transitioners.  Your only other sources of CP are the lowest PvE CP progression reward, or 2* farming, either of which probably means a 4* pull every month or so.  Pre-vaulting, you could take your time and possibly, with luck, cobble together a usable 4*.  Under the new system, I'd say it's impossible for casuals to do so.

Your calculations are wrong. An early 3 star player who knew what they were doing would get the 1CP in PvE per day (just a 4/6 on the last PvE node). Playing to 4/6 on ever node (which isn't green checkmarks) would be enough to get you the second 5CP reward, even without the required 4 star. A more advanced 3* roster could probably make it to 575 in PvP if the PvP featured one of their champed 3 stars (they'd hit a wall trying to go any higher than that, but they could get there). So you're probably looking at something like 80-100 CP a month, at minimum, if they knew what they were doing. And that's ignoring actually reaching 4 star progression in PvE and lucky vault pulls.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happens to me about 50% of the time with my first pull of a token after a new character is introduced and its been that way for quite a while now. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Calnexin said:
    mexus said:
    Prepare to cough up 1000 more for Rocket & Groot, 1000 more for Drax, 1000 more for Gamora, 1000 more for Star Lord. :)

This movie event is straining my resources.  I usually have enough positive HP flow to easily roster the new releases buy dailies, and shield appropriately to earn the 4* without spending.  Here we got 3* Starlord, I "lucked" into 5* Starlord, got a couple covers of 5* Hawkeye which I'd previously not rostered, and then 4* Grocket.  I'm back down below 1k with Gamora coming up.  And Drax is coming, too?

Luckily the early season PVP hasn't been quite as punishing as the end of last season on me.  I've gotten away without having to spend quite so much shielding.  Time to stop spending on the lotto draws, though.
    Seems I am mistaken about Drax though. He has been on promo pics lately but no word of him being launched in another version.
    He was buffed/rebalanced at the beginning of the season. I don't believe they announced any plans to release a different version of him. I believe we just have 4* Gamora left to be released. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    mexus said:
    Calnexin said:
    mexus said:

Seems I am mistaken about Drax though. He has been on promo pics lately but no word of him being launched in another version.
    He was buffed/rebalanced at the beginning of the season. I don't believe they announced any plans to release a different version of him. I believe we just have 4* Gamora left to be released. 
    Got my marbles mixed up. :)
    As a side-note I'd like to see a 3* Gamora buff as well. You hear that, developers. She's the most dangerous woman in the universe.
    Well, in the galaxy, anyways.
  • Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker

Your calculations are wrong. An early 3 star player who knew what they were doing would get the 1CP in PvE per day (just a 4/6 on the last PvE node). Playing to 4/6 on ever node (which isn't green checkmarks) would be enough to get you the second 5CP reward, even without the required 4 star. A more advanced 3* roster could probably make it to 575 in PvP if the PvP featured one of their champed 3 stars (they'd hit a wall trying to go any higher than that, but they could get there). So you're probably looking at something like 80-100 CP a month, at minimum, if they knew what they were doing. And that's ignoring actually reaching 4 star progression in PvE and lucky vault pulls.
    Casual players aren't playing 4/6 every PvE node and also playing PvP to 575.