Deadpool Vs MPQ: Best PvE event?

I think they should keep doing their PvE's like the Deadpool Vs MPQ event. You get two days to do each clear but are still able to get the same amount of CPs. I am loving not having to rush at night to get the node cleared before time runs out and casually clean it up the next day to get my 10 CP and 4* cover. It makes it easier to get the 4* cover as well which I think would help with the vaulting. Any thoughts?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double the iso and alliance rewards, and yeah, give me more. 
  • Khartmann
    Khartmann Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Noooo...

For hardcore PVE players 48 hours subs are bad, it gives more rewards when it finishes, sure, but you lost all the Iso from the normal clears of a fresh sub, also in the optimal clear after one day you have to be aware of timers and its a bit boring.

Strange sights by far is the best event, sadly the individual vaults are getting worse every time it comes around.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

God, no.

Terrible, terrible event. 48 hour subs are _terrible_ for ISO production.

Running this after a boss event that was also severely lacking in ISO is trolling.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Not to mention the Dr. Doom feeder node is some wee feline baby puma.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to mention the Dr. Doom feeder node is some wee feline baby puma.

At least that's just one node. Meet Rocket and Groot has, what, Three or four of those?

But yeah, I am obsessive enough to not be a fan of 48 hour subs.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    Nope. Not even close to Strange Days with the gazillion tokens given out. Also what makes it far from the top is that you are constantly fighting board movers in this PvE. That slows down the grind. 
    Only thing marking Strange Days down for me is the "FOOLED YOU!" Doombots area that has annoying Sentries and the Hand node that has that nasty Kingpin feeder 4* required node.

Other than that, yeah it's my favourite PvE due to the major token give away.

My second favourite is Prodigal Sun. Especially now they've readjusted the rewards. Barely a Dark Avenger to be seen the whole time.

Honourable mention goes to Simulator. Used to be the one I hated most when it had an Easy and Hard sub event. Now it's fun because of the same reason as Prodigal Sun. No endless grinding of Dark Avengers.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    I would say DP vs MPQ is my second favorite after Strange Sights.  I wish more events had 48 hour subs.  The lower rewards are a slight bummer, but the devs could fix that by modifying the rewards.  Playing hardcore PvE is so draining, 48 hour subs are a nice break.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Deadpool vs MPQ is great for the more casual players (including me) not chasing placement or in a huge iso deficit, but less so for the more competitive ones...which includes much of the forum.   I agree that Strange Sights is my favorite, but Deadpool is a top 5 for me.  
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It pales in comparison to Strange Sights.

It gives out more Iso to me than Heroics, because I can't play another dang Heroic w/ their flood of DAs.  So yeah, DP v MPQ is high on the list, but they need to fix 48 hrs sub resources for it to be truly in the running.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

God, no.

Running this after a boss event that was also severely lacking in ISO is trolling.

And THEN Meet Rocket & Groot, which has a 48 hour sub itself. Then we get these new Guardians events like they're supposed to be new and exciting, but they aren't throwing out enough extra ISO to make up for what's "lost" during the 48 hour subs and the Boss event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:

God, no.

And THEN Meet Rocket & Groot, which has a 48 hour sub itself.

It doesn't, this time.

It only runs for 3 days.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I'm torn.

As far as the break from the constant grind is concerned, I really like DPvsMPQ. However, as others have mentioned, it's an obstacle in the eternal race for ISO.

I guess I'll have to revert to my old position: This game requires way too much tiny-kitty-playing-with-a-ball-of-wool  time.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:

God, no.

And THEN Meet Rocket & Groot, which has a 48 hour sub itself.

It doesn't, this time.

It only runs for 3 days.

Well. How about that. Glad to not have another 48 hour sub event (I assume, at least), but this is the kind of change I wish they'd tell us about before it goes live in the game.

Hey @Brigby, could you ping the devs and hook us up with a list of what changed?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    That first day royally sucks, it's easily among my 3 most despised single sub events of the game. And yeah the break is nice, but it depends when it exactly it comes. When I see DP vs. MPQ after several long weeks of grinding on a daily basis, then yes, I most definitely appreciate the break of 48-hour subs. But when it comes on the heels of a boss event that starved me of ISO when I'm currently trying to champ 2 4-stars before covers expire, I wasn't exactly thrilled.

Not only that, we get a new 3-star character, so your chances at pulling him from the vault are limited because you earn 2 days less worth of tokens. With a 4 day event in CL8, you can potentially earn 12 tokens with a t100 alliance. In the 4 days this event runs, you'll get 6  :/

EDIT: And this time around the tokens didn't even work right! They're giving people post-event tokens with the odds of the last run of this event, so no Star Lord.  :|
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    No honourable mention for the Gauntlet? Although its rewards could definitely do with significant tweaking
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I don't mind the 2-day subs every now and again as it's a nice, forced break--but I don't like the **** all-hero teams they put in the required 4* node (SL/KK/Vision and Carnage/DocOck/Ultron). Although Carnage pretty much sucks now...
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I gotta vote for Strange Sights, as I don't enjoy fighting tile-movers. It isn't a puzzle if more than one entity is moving tiles. RNG is already affecting my strategy, tile movers make the game much more tactical, which is a difference I don't love. 
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I liked Strange Sights back when the mini vaults gave out HP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    I don't mind the 2-day subs every now and again as it's a nice, forced break--but I don't like the tinykitty all-hero teams they put in the required 4* node (SL/KK/Vision and Carnage/DocOck/Ultron). Although Carnage pretty much sucks now...
    The
     update hit when I was doing my end grind. Carnage is back to nasty mode.