Rescheduling Upcoming Event (5/2/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

With the recent issues revolving around Coalition Rewards, the developers over at Hibernum would like to inform the community of a schedule change while they investigate these issues.
We are aware of a major issue involving coalition rewards. The development team is working around the clock to fix the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we unfortunately had to cancel the Nodes of Power event that was going to run on May 3rd. The event will be rescheduled once the issue is fixed.

In its stead, we have scheduled Terrors in the Shadows. This very highly popular event from the Shadows over Innistrad set makes its comeback for one week only!
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Comments

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does that mean SOI booster packs and SOI rare for the rewards?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the announcement, @brigby
    I don't get why it's necessary to use the word "unfortunately" when you're doing something the community demands for a while - a change in the boring event plan? ;) love it.
    I really hope to see SOI rewards for the event!
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ooh. I'd love another crack at avacyn's instead of RatC this weekend. And SOI packs would be nice too!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Ooh. I'd love another crack at avacyn's instead of RatC this weekend. And SOI packs would be nice too!
    Let's hope for more bugs then!
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess is they'll take the time to vastly reduce the prizes from old ****, but not bother fixing the currently broken tiebreaker system.
  • Brigby
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ....please don't  :|

Edit: Added Sarahschmara's quote in quote tree for clarity
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Laeuftbeidir said:

....please don't  :|
    Please don't quote me out of the context if more bugs occur as it might shine a bad light on me :-D

The irony was strong in my post.. Mostly because of the excitement to face a new(ish) event. Hope to see something like this in the future.. Maybe one week in a month with events from older sets?
  • Brigby
    Options
    @Laeuftbeidir

My apologies. I removed it because I didn't want to seem like I was telling Sarahschmara not to enjoy the SOI events, however did not realize the context placed on yours when her quote was removed.
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SOI prizes would be fantastic. Here's hoping, but not holding my breath. 

Glad they postponed the coalition event. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's usually one soi pack in the Terrors progression rewards. 
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Look at us, fetching the smallest bone ever thrown and smiling. @Brigby could you please in your role as the ever great messenger tell the gods above how hungry the plebs are for a bit of change in the event structure? Let us play something else until Amokhnet release - old goodies, I mean anything really just not another RatC.  
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I mean in my coalition we're retelling old stories about Avacyn like war veterans just to keep that experience alive.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bring back Avacyns Madness! that event rocked!
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would also welcome playing Avacyn's Madness again. Only got to play it in my days of middling silverness and the last few bosses were a real challenge for me. I was really stoked the first time I beat Avacyn herself.

I'd be curious to see how much easier it has become now that my collection of powerful cards has significantly grown.
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please don't! That event rocks me...  :/
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Would be cool to see how much we've powered up since that event was run.  I wonder how a fully energized Tezz 2 would match up against Avacyn.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    There's usually one soi pack in the Terrors progression rewards. 
    Looks like you're right.. Meh.. But it's something!
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steeme said:

Would be cool to see how much we've powered up since that event was run.  I wonder how a fully energized Tezz 2 would match up against Avacyn.
    It's funny how we all react differently to power creep, isn't it? Personally, I weep into my pillow over the future of the game.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    Steeme said:

It's funny how we all react differently to power creep, isn't it? Personally, I weep into my pillow over the future of the game.

There are dozens of us!