Sad observation from today's Burrito

2»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Rocket and Groot's damage is tied into number of tiles destroyed, like Surgical Strike. Damage from his CD is similarly tied into number of destroyed tiles. It would be boring for X-Force to be another (damage)X(number of tiles) power, even if it were to be more effective. However, if it were to be (base damage) and (destroys tiles), but allow destroyed tiles to generate AP (already gives damage from destroyed tiles), it could be pretty nice. Maybe too powerful then? I think Magneto, the 2 star version's, red (Magnetic Flux) may be the only power in the game that has a base damage, and still allows tile damage and AP gain on top of it. Letting Wolvering have such love would be sweet.

EDIT: This reminded me that Sentry Fighters still need the "destroyed tiles don't cause damage" fix to Swarm. As a passive, the board shake alone is strong already strong. The free damage from the five destroyed tiles is a bit too much.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could probably live with the low damage from X-force too if we were just allowed to choose where the tile destruction happened...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the devs recent history, if they read this their response will probably be to nerf 2* human torch...
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    I think Magneto, the 2 star version's, red (Magnetic Flux) may be the only power in the game that has a base damage, and still allows tile damage and AP gain on top of it.
    Storm Green does this in all versions (1*, 2*, and 3*).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    I think Magneto, the 2 star version's, red (Magnetic Flux) may be the only power in the game that has a base damage, and still allows tile damage and AP gain on top of it.
    Storm's green doesn't have extra damage tacked on like Magneto's red.  All of Storm's damage comes from the tiles she destroys.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Storm's green doesn't have extra damage tacked on like Magneto's red.  All of Storm's damage comes from the tiles she destroys.
    I'm having trouble thinking of another power that actually destroys random tiles and generates AP, actually. It would seem that they're moving away from those. (Ok, and Hexbolt.)
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    IMO the reason XFW's green is so lackluster is the shape of tile destruction; which is three 3x3 X-shaped. This is super unreliable, especially in a non-rainbow team. Make it shaped like a big three diagonal slashes, like Wolvie's signature attack in the comic, and the effect would be more pronounced.
  • Forbush
    Forbush Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I'd find XFW a lot more fun to use...if the damage on his yellow CD triggered on destruction, not just being matched.  It would make his green potentially a lot scarier, make his black even nastier if it happens to target yellow, and a lot less susceptible to all the tile destruction abilities out there.  That would even be in-character, too - Wolvie sacrificing time to heal for a savage attack - though I feel like if he were to be rebuffed, his CD should heal him every turn rather than just on resolving. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    IMO the reason XFW's green is so lackluster is the shape of tile destruction; which is three 3x3 X-shaped. This is super unreliable, especially in a non-rainbow team. Make it shaped like a big three diagonal slashes, like Wolvie's signature attack in the comic, and the effect would be more pronounced.
    Curious what you mean by this. I wouldn't imagine that this particular method of destroying 15 tiles would be any less effective than destroying 15 tiles selected randomly one at a time, and I've never seen any non-anecdotal evidence to the contrary. I could see an argument being made if the 3 Xs overlapped each other, resulting in fewer than 15 tiles being destroyed, but I've never personally witnessed that happening.

Your suggestion does seem cool... however 3 diagonal slashes, \ \ \ , 3 tiles long each (still 15 total) would be completely unable to destroy tiles in the bottom left and top right of the board (cascades notwithstanding) unless you allowed the slash to  go past the edges of the board, resulting in fewer than the maximum tiles destroyed.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    zodiac339 said:
    I'm having trouble thinking of another power that actually destroys random tiles and generates AP, actually. It would seem that they're moving away from those. (Ok, and Hexbolt.)
    Right, most powers specify the "doesn't generate AP" thing. With Storm and Scarlet Witch, it was specifically inteded for them to treat shattered tiles as normal. Bullseye's Deadly Precision deals no damage or AP for destroyed tiles, but they're specified tiles, and you're supposed to set up cascades and matches, so it makes sense. Cho Hulk can also specify his hit, and the damage is respectable enough to give it a pass on the no damage or AP. Thing, on the other hand, has no excuse for not at least adding damage from shattered tiles. He makes a big, and ramdom, hole in the board "because reasons". I suppose its base damage is sort of good (and more per AP than Wolvie), but as spectacular as it looks making that hole, it just feels like a worthless addition to the power. Board shake is frustrating.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why can I not get rid of this grey box around my text and where the tinykitty did it come from?!? 

Tinykitty, I forgot what I wanted to say..... Stupid grey box...... 

P.S. I was not trying to quote someone.... 
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Today's burrito is a troll alert. Scarlett witch Vs Jean grey equals a mess. I've got a half decent iceman and a champed switch and I nearly lost this fight thanks to that two turn stun lol. I'm so used to fighting grey with powerful characters I forgot how good she can be.